DVBViwer Pro and diseqc 1.1 switches ?

vipersan

Hello friends..

I have recently started using my DVBViewer pro application again ..as I have recetly bought a TBS6925 pcie card..

My problem is that I have a rather complex dish and switch system ..comprised of a Gecen GD-81E 8 way diseqc 1.1 8 port switch....and various dishes driven off and through it ..

Port 1 carries a diseqc 1.3 motorized dish to scan the Eastern..

Port 2 passes diseqc 1.2 commands to a Vbox driving a 1.8 prime focus

Port 3 Carries another diseqc 1.3 motorized dish to scan the Western arc

Port 4 is linked directly to a fixed sky mini dish @28.2 East ..

Port 5 and upwards are connected to various fixed dishes

My problem is that I cannot use DVBViewer with this configuration ...because commands to switch to the various ports on the diseqc 1.1 switch have no effect ..

DVBViewer appears not to be compatible ..

I do know this configuration works ok with Crazyscan ...for anyone familiar with it ..as this application does control the 8 port switch ...and will pass diseqc 1.2 and 1.3 protocols through the switch to the varios motors and dishes ..

DVBViewer doesn't appear to know how to control the switch ..

I've tried all the diseqc switch functions (4 port ..hoping to control at least the first 4 dishes) ....this didn't work ..

So I tried the extended function

For example ...

Ignoring the motorised dishes for now ..I tried ...extended ...uncomitted ...port 4

Hoping to access the fixed sky minidish ...@28.2 East ....I performed a scan ..

DVBViewer was 'aware' of a signal but scanned no channels ..

It apparently was still connected /defaulted to port 1 ...so was connected to a dish not pointing at 28.2 East ..

So not surprising there was a signal but no scanned channels.

It simply appears to me that DVBViewer pro (version 4.8.10 ) simply isn't compatible with my Gecen diseqc 1.1 switch ..

To prove this ...I shut down DVBViewer....and ran up Crazyscan ..

Using this application I was able to set the correct port (4) ...then shut it down ..

The switch remains latched until it receives another diseqc command..

So..

I was then able to run up DVBViewer again ...and this time was able to scan all the channels available from 28.2 East (the fixed dish on port 4).

This is a major problem for me ..as I first need DVBViewer to be compatible with my diseqc 1.1 switch ...

Once the port is selected ..I then need a delayed diseqc 1.2 or 1.3 signal to be passed on to the relevant dish ..

(stacked switching) ..and/or diseqc control of motors.

I hope there is an answer for my problem ..as DVBViewer has always been my favourite satellite viewer app ..but I cannot use it on this system.

I can use this setup perfectly on various set top boxes ..and as has been mentioned ...Crazycats Crazyscan app...

Thank you for reading this long message..

rgds

Vipersan

Edited by vipersan

Thanks for checking Tjod...

I don't speak German ..but a friend searching the board produced this ..

_http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/46491-tbs-6925-diseqc-11-problem/

which I had to run through Babelfish ..and from what I _could_ understand ...it is the same issue

So I suspect DVBViewer cannot use the TBS6925 to communicate correctly with the Gecen 1.1 switch

It is either a specific problem with DVBViewer and the TBS card ..

Or ..a general issue with all diseqc 1.1 switches..

The only thing I can confirm ..is that Crazyscan communicates with and operates the Gecen diseqc 1.1 switch without issue.

DVBViewer doesn't

rgds

Vipersan

Hi Derek ..

I'm attaching a couple of images ..taken from Transedit...

During an attempt at a basic scan operation ..not involving motorised dishes ..but again simply trying to switch to the sky minidish on port 4 of the Gecen diseqc 1.1 switch

Again this doesn't happen ...as Transedit cannot operate the switch either with the settings shown.

rgds

Vipersan

post-35756-0-69556200-1312367259_thumb.jpg

post-35756-0-05816900-1312367269_thumb.jpg

Also ..

Here is the data on the Switch used ..Ebay item number 290593849462

I hope it is of some help...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

8x1 DiSEqC switch has the capabilities of hooking up to 8 Lnb's on 1 switch, using DiSEqC 1.1 Uncommitted Ports 1 - 8 in your receiver menu. Just looking for DiSEqC 1.1 or 1.2 Uncommitted DiSEqC switch option under your receiver menu.

Note: make sure to power off your receiver before connecting the switch to prevent static damage to your equipments.

Features:

Zinc die-cast housing, nickel-plated

Excellent quality component , professional circuit design and low loss

Excellent quality chip , professional program design and compatible with more types of satellite receiver

DiSEqC 1.1 control functions

Select one of eight satellite signals through DiSEqC1.1 commands supplied from satellite receiver

Utilize one coaxial cable to transmit control instruction and satellite signal simultaneously

Specifications :

Item Specification Item Specification

Frequency Range 950-2150(MHz) Normal Working Voltage 12-20(V)

Insertion Loss 3(dB) DC Power Consumption 10(mA)

Isolation 20(dB) DC Max Power Passing 500(mA)

Return Loss 8(dB) Impedance(all ports) 75(Ω)

Also appologies Derrick for getting you name wrong on spelling ...I wrongly used Derek

post-35756-0-01861900-1312367778_thumb.jpg

Edited by vipersan

You could try inserting a delay before sending the switch command, although TransEdit/DVBViewer may allow for that already. Be sure to insert delays before any commands sent to motors, as these will also need time to power up.

Hi Qbox ..

I've tried delays ..but to no effect ..

Also ..I'm switching to a non motorised dish on port 4 ..

Port 4 = Static sky minidish ...so no motor issues involved in this problem.

rgds

Vipersan

I think atm DVBViewer is not working correctly with this TBS card. We have to wait for a fix. How about altdvb?

Hi Derrick

I'm toying with the idea of trying other viewer apps ...but as I said at the beginning ...I prefer DVBViewer to all other viewer apps I've tried ...so I hope it can be fixed.

Its certainly difficult if not impossible to use with my current setup.

I can make it work ..by switching the port with Crazyscan ..then dropping it ..before I start up DVBViewer..

Problem is ..as soon as I switch Band Hi/Lo ..the port is dropped again ..

Most frustrating

What I find odd ..is that the viewer application that is bundled with the card when you buy it ..is a rebadged cut down version of DVBViewer ...rebadged to TBSviewer.

..and If I switch to another brand of viewer ..I'll no doubt have to buy it to get a full featured product.

I do hope this problem gets fixed soon.

Thanks for trying to help

Its appreciated.

rgds

Vipersan

Hi,

I have the same kind of problem in DVBViewer 4.8 with my TechnoTrend S-3200, it was working fine for years with DVBViewer 3.9.4.

After a couple of hours, trying everything, I installed a USB Tevii S650 with the same cable, same switch and this one is working fine directly.

Do we wait for a fix?

Kind regards,

Christian

There is not a general problem with DiSEqC. Only by some newer Turbosight cards are not working with DiSEqC 1.1 in version 4.8.1 and older.

Some older Turbosight devices are detected as wrong device (this can be fixed by editing the hardware.xml).

With the TBS6925 currently only DiSEqC 1.0 works (if you change the vendor id to 0).

@Christian_

pleas post a support.zip

So I'll have to wait: I've been thinking about buying a TBS 6925 to substitute my current TT 3200-S2 card, but I have a 8x1 Diseqc 1.1 too (to 8 fixed LNBs). With my TT card DVBViewer controls the Diseqc flawlessly...

• 2 weeks later...

...Still no news on a fix for this diseqc incompatibility problem ?

Its been over 2 weeks since I reported the issue regarding diseqc 1.1 uncomitted switches issue to the forum ..

Many users ..not just myself are frustrated ..

More of these TBS cards are being sold ..

I personally know of at least another 6 TBS 6925 card new owners since I got mine ..

..and thats just on the Sats.co.uk forum ...of which I'm proud to be a member..

No doubt there are 100s if not 1000s of new owners out there ..

..and what is ironic ..is that the TBSviewer supplied with the card ...is just a re-badged version of DVBViewer..

Also take note ..that this cut down version has the possiblity to use anything other than the basic 4 port diseqc comitted switch removed ..

..The only conclusion being that this incompatibilty issue was know about even then ..

I have no doubt that the creators of DVBViewer will eventually get together and talk to the TBS card manufacturers ..and solve the problems ..

In the meantime the dissatisfied customers continue to pile up.

Contol is possible ..as is proved by Crazyscan software ..which has no trouble operating all forms of uncomitted switches and motor combinations ...usals or diseqc 1.2(vbox).

If Crazyscan can do it ...then why can't a paid for software such as DVBViewer..

DVBViewer = the premier viewing app for dvbs/s2 cards ..

TBS6925 = fast becoming the satellite enthusiats dvbs/s2 premiere card of choice.

Just a pity they don't work well together...and its only a software issue ..

The hardware works just fine.

Thanks for reading..

rgds

VS

A very frustrated TBS6925 and DvbviewerPro owner.

Thanks Tjod ..

It does look as though progress is being made ...

Certainly with regards to transedit ..

..but of course ...DVBViewer itself is not yet compliant ..

So I guess it just a question of waiting ...or in the meantime using a second application to affect control..

This is the method I am currently forced to used ..

Ie ..port switching and motor control using Crazyscan ..

Then running up DVBViewer once the ports have been set and the motor moved to position.

Sadly patience isn't one of mr greatest virtues..but it looks like I'll have to find a little more.

thanks for replying

btw ..tried using vendor set to 31 ..

This had no effect as expected.

rgds

VS