Where to download dvbviewer 4.5

FreakshowDK

Hi.

I'm desperatly trying to find a way to download the old 4.5 version of DVBViewer.

I have a Hauppauge HVR-930C and have been running the 4.5 without any problems at all,

and I must say i am very, very happy with the DVBViewer :D

For absolute no reason I suddently felt a overwhelming need to go 4.8.1 :o and then it all went down :(

With the 4.8.1 i am now facing all kinds of problems and after fiddeling around for hours now and

I have finally lost my patience.

I need to go back to 4.5

what problems? please create a support.zip

Thank you for the quick reply :)

I have unstalled the DVBViewer so I can't use the supporttool....

A channel scan resulted in 5-10 random channels each time i ran a scan.

When i watched tv and changed channel the screen went black and so on.

I dont feel like install new driver, install old driver, install this and that, as everything was working perfect before.

I would be happy to just get back my old DVBViewer 4.5

Update the driver for the HVR-930C and seach for new hardware in the DVBViewer.

or OldEMPIADriver > http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/44372-hardware-database-update/page__view__findpost__p__326774

Hi Tjod.

I have installed 4.8.1, placed and renamed the database file.

When i go to Settings→Hardware there is the bda and the dvbc tuner. When i press the "detect devices" button i get 2 additional tuners.

So far so good :-)

But when i try to see tv or do a scan it say no hardware available.

I have attached a support.zip

All help are highly appreciated

support.zip

Pleas start the DVBViewer via Start Menu > Programmes > DVBViewer > Support > DVBViewer Pro (Debug Mode) and try a dvb-c channel scan and try tu tun some not encrypted dvb-c channels and post than a new support.zip.

Pleas start the DVBViewer via Start Menu > Programmes > DVBViewer > Support > DVBViewer Pro (Debug Mode) and try a dvb-c channel scan and try tu tun some not encrypted dvb-c channels and post than a new support.zip.

I can't either scan or tune in to a channel even in debug mode. It still says no hardware as long as the database file is in the dvbviwer folder.

Should i remove the database file first?

It seams you are using the new driver. So it is better to remove the BDADevices.dat an rescan the hardware.

Than pleas start the DVBViewer via Start Menu > Programmes > DVBViewer > Support > DVBViewer Pro (Debug Mode) and try a dvb-c channel scan and try tu tun some not encrypted dvb-c channels and post than a new support.zip.

Even if it not work. Maybe there is some thing in the Debug log.

In debug without the database file, I did a scan and it found some channels, but far from all.

I then started a channel and it starts right away, and when i change channel the screen goes black, but if i wait for 30-40 secs the new channel comes up.

Apart from the scanning not finding the all channels and a veeery slow channel shift it seems to be working.

support.zip

Sorry I have at the moment no idea what causes the problems.

Sorry to hear that.

But thank you very much for trying to help me :)

If it ain't broken..... :oops:

Then use the safetycopy from your harddisk...

PeterF

I've just been reading on the wiki page that the program leaves a copy of setup.exe in setup folder inside istallation folder.

Unfortunately for me there's only the new one.

I've also read that i should have keept a safety copy of the 4.5 setup.exe

Why is old versions not downloadable from members area?

@FreakshowDK:

Please try TransEdit 3.8.0 (download from the members area), without using the database for old drivers. I would like to get feedback about the scanning and channel switching behaviour (-> Preview function) with your 930C. There is evidence that a change in TransEdit makes it work better. If yes, we will probably have a solution for the next DVBViewer release.

The code in DVBViewer 4.5 worked well for some people, but for others not at all. That's why it has been changed.

@Griga

Transedit also only finds some random channels, but a few more (30-90 of about 210). Sometimes 30 channels sometime 90 and not the same channels every time.

Switching channels is also the same as in 4.8.1. Some channels work fine and if I only switch between the "good" ones it work fine. But if I try to tune in to a "bad" channel ( a channel that takes 30 secs to show up if ever) I cant switch back to one of the "good", as no channels work after trying a "bad"

These drivers are really difficult to handle ;) Something about the technical background: After DVBViewer 4.5 was released, we got a lot of feedback saying that tuning doesn't work at all with these EMPIA based devices. However, users found out that setting the modulation to "Auto" (= let the driver detect it) fixes it.

So in order to avoid the trouble we decided to ignore the modulation settings (QAM16, QAM64 etc) altogether and always pass Modulation = Auto to EMPIA drivers. That's where we are now. It works for many users. Channel switching is not as fast as desired, but acceptable. But for others it doesn't - channel switching gets way too slow. 30 seconds are not acceptable, of course.

So what can we do? We can only try this and that... I've attached a TransEdit test version, that doesn't force Modulation = Auto. The modulation values are passed "as they are" to the driver. Similar to DVBViewer 4.5, but without other measures that have been taken in DVBViewer 4.5.

It is a restricted TransEdit version - some things are disabled, but scanning and preview (if DVBViewer is installed) will work. Please store TransEdit_Test.exe in your DVBViewer installation folder and let us know how it behaves. Of course your modulation settings must be correct, otherwise things will even get worse.

TransEdit_3_8_0_3_Test.zip

I then started a channel and it starts right away, and when i change channel the screen goes black, but if i wait for 30-40 secs the new channel comes up.

This has been my issue with 4.8 since the very first version as well. When switching to H264 channels, I have to wait anywhere from 5-30 seconds for the image to appear (the sound is there right away so the tuning works fine). I am using the same codecs as when I used DVBViewer 4.5 and I too am thinking about reverting to 4.5 to get back the good channelswitching performance.

and I too am thinking about reverting to 4.5

Then please help us to find a better handling by contributing test results (see my post above). One of our beta testers owns such a DVB-C device, and it definitely doesn't work with the DVBViewer 4.5 code, except if the modulation is set to Auto. We've already tried different things, but to no avail. It is still unknown why the device/driver behaves like this. Other (not EMPIA based) DVB-C devices/drivers don't show this kind of issue.

These drivers are really difficult to handle ;) Something about the technical background: After DVBViewer 4.5 was released, we got a lot of feedback saying that tuning doesn't work at all with these EMPIA based devices. However, users found out that setting the modulation to "Auto" (= let the driver detect it) fixes it.

So in order to avoid the trouble we decided to ignore the modulation settings (QAM16, QAM64 etc) altogether and always pass Modulation = Auto to EMPIA drivers. That's where we are now. It works for many users. Channel switching is not as fast as desired, but acceptable. But for others it doesn't - channel switching gets way too slow. 30 seconds are not acceptable, of course.

So what can we do? We can only try this and that... I've attached a TransEdit test version, that doesn't force Modulation = Auto. The modulation values are passed "as they are" to the driver. Similar to DVBViewer 4.5, but without other measures that have been taken in DVBViewer 4.5.

It is a restricted TransEdit version - some things are disabled, but scanning and preview (if DVBViewer is installed) will work. Please store TransEdit_Test.exe in your DVBViewer installation folder and let us know how it behaves. Of course your modulation settings must be correct, otherwise things will even get worse.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In this Transedit_test scan and channel switch works like a charm, it finds everything and I can switch between all channel without any problems :lol:

I dont know much about the technical thing in this, terms like modulation dont make much sense to me, but setting modulation to OAM64 or AUTO both work fine in the Transedt_test.

I'm using "Denmark: yousee cable"

None works in Transedit 3.8.0.

Edited by FreakshowDK

Then please help us to find a better handling by contributing test results (see my post above). One of our beta testers owns such a DVB-C device, and it definitely doesn't work with the DVBViewer 4.5 code, except if the modulation is set to Auto. We've already tried different things, but to no avail. It is still unknown why the device/driver behaves like this. Other (not EMPIA based) DVB-C devices/drivers don't show this kind of issue.

But I have a BDA9015 USB device and receive DVB-T. Win7 detects it as a WinFast DTV Dongle Gold BDA Device. The only common thing is that DVBViewer 4.8 delays video for up to 30-40 seconds (audio switches instantly) upon channel switch (seems to only be related to H264 channels, in particular switching to 1280x720@50). I see no video delay (ok, maybe 1 second) when I start DVBViewer on the channel that causes video delay upon channel switch. Audio is present right away.

I have tried channelswitching with TransEdit 3.8.0 (not the test version from this thread) and channel switches just fine. The always long delayed 1280x720@50 channel is shown withing 2-3 seconds every time I switch to it with TransEdit. Looking closer, I see that TransEdit uses the builtin codecs from Windows 7. I have _just_ upgraded to 7 from Vista and have just gained access to these codecs. After having tried the MS DTV codecs in DVBViewer, the video switches just as fast as TransEdit.

It seems the video delay is caused (in my case) by the DivX H264 codec. If the error indeed lies with DivX H264 codec, then I really hope AMD have fixed DXVA as it has previously failed decoding my DVB-T stream without error (or handles errors really bad). I use the DivX H264 specifically because it was the only software solution fast enough (and supports deinterlace, something the microsoft codecs do not offer).

But to sum up, my issue was a codec issue (even though the old DVBViewer didn't trigger this problem in the DivX H264 codec).

But I have a BDA9015 USB device and receive DVB-T.

@galmok: Congratulations for having found a solution, but with this device you're out of the game here. :)

In this Transedit_test scan and channel switch works like a charm

Looks like we have to provide two different DVBViewer/TransEdit versions in future :wacko: or at least an option "force auto modulation for EMPIA based DVB-C devices". I really wonder why the results are so different on different PCs / with different cable providers or whatever.

terms like modulation dont make much sense to me

You are not the only one, and that's the problem, because for many users who are affected "the other way round" by this issue it will be hard to figure out that they have to set the modulation to "Auto" for all channels/transponders to make it work.

but setting modulation to OAM64 or AUTO both work fine in the Transedt_test.

That's unexpected. Are you sure? Did you click "Apply" after having changed the modulation? With the transponders in your list set to Modulation = Auto the issue should reappear. You can create a copy of your transponder list for testing purpose in the following way:

- Select your transponder list on the left side of the TransEdit main window.

- Right-click the right side, select "Select All" and then "Copy" in the popup menu.

- Select File -> New List -> Cable in the main menu.

- Paste the copied transponder entries to the empty new list.

- Change the modulation all over (sorry, some work)

- Use "Save as" to save the new list to the configuration folder\transponders directory (which is the default directory for "Save As").

It would be good if we could try some more things in order to find the best solution for future releases. So please stay tuned...

That's unexpected. Are you sure? Did you click "Apply" after having changed the modulation? With the transponders in your list set to Modulation = Auto the issue should reappear.

I think I maybe have said what I did in a wrong way..

The only thing i tried was open transedit and transedit_test, choose the "denmark: yousee cable" and then choose QAM64 or AUTO just over the add button. Then hit scan all. Yhinking about it I dont think I have changed anything?

I will be here til the thing works :D

ATM I need users who are willing to do all the checking, double-checking and cross-checking I would do if I had the device (sometimes it's real hard work!). Unfortunately I haven't, and even if I had such a device it would be useless, because my district is not cable-provided.

So what is required now:

1) Checking if a transponder list with all transponders set to Modulation = Auto lets the issue reappear with the TransEdit test version 3.8.0.2 (attached above) in FreakshowDK's setup (best after rebooting the PC).

2) A confirmation that the test version 3.8.0.2 does not work except with Modulation = Auto in Derrick's setup.

1) Checking if a transponder list with all transponders set to Modulation = Auto lets the issue reappear with the TransEdit test version 3.8.0.2 (attached above) in FreakshowDK's setup (best after rebooting the PC).

Changing modulation to auto in 3.8.0.3 makes the problems reappear, both scan and preview problems

FreakshowDK, what do you mean: my channels are work like a charm, what second do you mean?

for same transponder, for other transponder, for HD channels?

Thanks.

FreakshowDK, what do you mean: my channels are work like a charm, what second do you mean?

for same transponder, for other transponder, for HD channels?

Thanks.

I'm not sure what your question is,

but it seems to be random which channels will work or not work as they should, sd or hd.

Sometimes the same channel will show immediately, sometimes after a while and sometimes not at all

In DVBViewer 4.5 and Transedit_test 3.8.0.3 with modulation set on all transpnders to QAM64 everything runs perfect

Here is another TransEdit test version 3.8.0.4 (more instructions). It provides a "Force Auto Modulation" checkbox in the Hardware settings for EMPIA based DVB-C tuners only. When ticked TransEdit passes no modulation to the driver, regardless of the modulation settings in the transponder list. This option enables adapting TransEdit to the requirements more easily. Nevertheless it's a bloody work-around, no real solution ;)

Please check if this option works as expected. Additionally I've changed two minor things concerning DVB-C tuning. I don't think that it will do something, but you can try...

TransEdit_3_8_0_4_Test.zip

Here is another TransEdit test version 3.8.0.4 (more instructions). It provides a "Force Auto Modulation" checkbox in the Hardware settings for EMPIA based DVB-C tuners only. When ticked TransEdit passes no modulation to the driver, regardless of the modulation settings in the transponder list. This option enables adapting TransEdit to the requirements more easily. Nevertheless it's a bloody work-around, no real solution ;)

Please check if this option works as expected. Additionally I've changed two minor things concerning DVB-C tuning. I don't think that it will do something, but you can try...

this work only with the checkbox unticked and modulation set to 64 on all transponders, everything else failes, ticked or unticked, modulation = auto or 64.

Maybe there is a solution for DVBViewer Pro 4.8.1. Please try the following:

- Close DVBViewer Pro

- Open the file hardware.xml in the configuration folder with a text editor and change the value 28 in the entry

<entry name="Vendor">28</entry>

for the DVB-C tuner to 4.

- Save the changed hardware.xml and relaunch DVBViewer Pro. It should now behave like the TransEdit test version with "Force Auto Modulation" unticked.

Please note: Performing Options -> Hardware -> Scan Devices restores the previous value!

Maybe there is a solution for DVBViewer Pro 4.8.1. Please try the following:

- Close DVBViewer Pro

- Open the file hardware.xml in the configuration folder with a text editor and change the value 28 in the entry

<entry name="Vendor">28</entry>

for the DVB-C tuner to 4.

- Save the changed hardware.xml and relaunch DVBViewer Pro. It should now behave like the TransEdit test version with "Force Auto Modulation" unticked.

Please note: Performing Options -> Hardware -> Scan Devices restores the previous value!

(w00t) Problem solved.

Thank you VERY much Griga, you are the man ;)

Everything is now working according to plan B)

Edited by FreakshowDK