MHEG-5 Plugin

You find this in the Memberssection, if you licensed this plugin.

Thanks Hackbart.

So OK, the MHEG-5 plugin does not appear in my Members Area as I haven’t ordered it - but basically I am baffled as to how to order it.

The instructions state: open the Key Tool and press order, next to the MHEG-5 entry. However, I can’t find the Key Tool or the MHEG-5 entry. Are we talking about an option in the Viewer or somewhere on the website?

It will probably turn out that I am just being exceptionally dim, but does the Key Tool need to be somewhere more prominent?

Thanks in anticipation.

The keytool is part of the DVBViewer installation. You will see a MHEG-5 Engine Entry below the key input dialog. There is a button order which redirects you to the website. After you licensed the engine you will be able to download and install it. The license key will be sent by us automatically and should be also typed in the keytool.

Christian

Thanks Christian.

For anyone else baffled by the MHEG5 instructions, here is what I eventually did to get the MHEG5 plugin working. There may be an easier route, but if so, I didn’t find it.

In Windows 7 >Control Panel >Programs and Features, selected “Uninstall DVBViewer”. This bought up an option box, from which I ordered MHEG5. Cost 10 Euros. Uninstall finished so reinstalled DVBViewer.

Received an email from Hackbart containing a link to the download site, and a password. Downloaded and ran the mheg5Setup.exe file.

In Windows >Control Panel >Programmes and Features, again selected “uninstall DVBViewer”, bringing up the option box. Selected the MHEG5 section and entered the password previously provided.

Uninstall finished so reinstalled DVBViewer.

Tuned to a channel containing MHEG5 material and confirmed that everything was now AOK.

Cheers

There is an easyer way to order the MHEG-5-Plugin, you can doubleclick at the "keytool.exe" in zhe program-directory from the DVBViewer and in this you can order the plugin and after receiving the key, you can also at this way activate the plugin.

PeterF

There is an easyer way to order the MHEG-5-Plugin, you can doubleclick at the "keytool.exe" in zhe program-directory from the DVBViewer and in this you can order the plugin and after receiving the key, you can also at this way activate the plugin.

PeterF

Thanks for the info Peter. I'll use that method if I have to do a re-install.

Robbie