HDHomerun and Clear QAM NA

linuxman

It's been a while since I posted here, but I need some help.

I have been using DVBViewer 4.0 for quite some time with a HDHomerun unit for ATSC OTA TV transmissions here in the US.

I have recently acquired a second HDHomerun and have it hooked into my cable input. I can receive clear cable channels on my TV, but can't seem to make DVBViewer work to receive those same channels.

I have tried setting the tuner as Cable and ATSC, using both ATSC transponders, and Standard Cable transponders.

I still get nothing.

I am using Windows XP Pro SP4 on a machine capable of working with the program. I am using DVBViewer 4.8.1.0 for this application.

I get nothing with Transedit either.

Anyone have any suggestions on settings that I might try?

Thanks!

DVBViewer originally detected it as an ATSC.

I changed it to "Cable".

I do not have a firewall running on this machine.

My network is protected by a firewall at the router.

I changed it to "Cable".

Most likely causing

TfrmScan Allocate Hardware Open failed

in the debug.log. According to the "US digital cable support" section in the HDHomeRun Development Guide ATSC is the correct choice. However, for the "native" driver mode it may be necessary to manually configure the frequencies (e.g. by creating a suitable ATSC transponder list with TransEdit) and to consider the difference between NTSC video carrier frequencies and digital center frequencies (1.75 MHz frequency offset automatically added by the driver, see Development Guide).

I have made some progress.

I have successfully scanned in my OTA ATSC digital channels by accessing the other tuner.

I can see signal as it scans in DVBViewer using the ATSC Cable transponder lists.

I have manufactured both an IRC, and an HRC transponder list, and tried scanning them.

No success on the clear cable channels so far.

At least I know it can receive channels, and nothing is blocking the signals.

I am very impressed with the newer version of DVBViewer. The EPG works much better than version 4.0 on the OTA channels.

Still working on the clear QAM, just not quite there yet.

I got it to work finally. :biggrin:

If anyone is interested, it is kind of a process to make it work. At least it was for me.

1. The setup in the HDHomerun. Part of that entails a registry setting.

2. Backup your registry, close all open programs, open regedit, navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Silicondust\HDHomeRun\Tuners\XXXXXXXX and set the BDAPIDFilter entry to "Enabled" (no quotes, case sensitive). Repeat for the -1 tuner. I got that off the silicon dust forums.

3. To get the normal ATSC OTA channels to come in, you need to set the main application in the HDHomerun setup to ATSC Remap and scan in you channels there.

4. Set the tuner in DVBViewer options/hardware to only have two boxes ticked, and they are the has CI module, and open whole transponder.

5. Scan in your OTA channels inside of DVBViewer using ATSC and the ATSC transponder list.

6. Go back into the HDHomerun setup, and change the main application to ATSC QAM remap.

7. Go into DVBViewer, and set the tuner assigned to your QAM HDHR tuner as preferred, and tick the two boxes as above.

8. Scan in the channels within DVBViewer using ATSC as the source, and using the ATSC Cable Std.

At that point, everything should work.

I tried having both tuners set to normal, and it would switch back and forth, but the switch was slow, and sometimes the video wouldn't come in.

So what I am doing for now, is if I want to watch OTA, I go into the options/hardware settings, and set that tuner as preferred, and the others to "Do Not Use".

If I want to watch cable, I go back into the options/hardware, and set that tuner as preferred.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

It only took me since yesterday to figure it out.

Thanks to those who responded here. :bye:

Congratulations :)

ATM I'm trying to find out what is necessary for a proper HDHomerun support in TransEdit. I got the DVBViewer Pro code from Lars, and I've read your report, but some things are quite confusing and contradictory:

and set the BDAPIDFilter entry to "Enabled"

Enables PID Filter support in the driver

Set the tuner in DVBViewer options/hardware to only have two boxes ticked, and they are the has CI module, and open whole transponder.

Disables PID filter support in DVBViewer and enables CI support, that is only required for encrypted channels in combination with a CI/CAM. AFAIK HDHomeRun devices don't provide a CI slot, so I'm quite sure that DVBViewer ignores this setting, except if the scanned channels are marked as encrypted for some odd reason (see DVBViewer channel editor).

According to what I see in the code DVBViewer Pro supports PID filtering with HDHomeRun devices, but only if "Open whole transponder" is unticked. This may be related to

and it would switch back and forth, but the switch was slow, and sometimes the video wouldn't come in.

because when switching between two devices DVBViewer uses both for a short moment, which - in your case - may cause a lot of (too much?) network traffic without PID filter. Are you sure that it doesn't work with "Open whole transponder" switched off? Furthermore ticking "Direct Tuning" and "Use internal Network Provider filter" usually is more efficient and faster if the driver can cope with it. Does it work?

So after you made it work, the next task will be to find out what is really mandatory and what are the best settings, particularly if you want to provide support for other HDHomeRun & DVBViewer users, not to forget TransEdit developers, of course :). I'll need even more feedback from your side, but I'll come back to it later...

Hi Griga.

I'll be happy to try some more experimentation tomorrow, and make some adjustments to see if it all still works with some of your suggestions.

At the moment, I only know how I got it to work. Part may have been by accident, but at the moment, I was glad that it did work.

I'll try some things in the morning and report back further. It's almost past my bedtime here.

I followed Griga's direction above, and unticked the CI Module, and unticked the Open Whole Transponder box.

I did however tick the box by the Stop Stream While Tuning.

I did not change the registry setting that I had enabled in the previous post.

DVBViewer will not scan in channels with the tuner being used is set to normal. I had to set the other tuners to "Do Not Use" in order to get the channels to scan in, while setting the tuner being used to "Preferred".

DVBViewer will change back and forth between OTA and QAM with both tuners set to normal, but the channel switching is very slow, and sometimes only the audio comes in. I get much better performance with setting the tuner that I am using to Preferred, and setting the other tuners to "Do Not Use".

Part of that may be due to the speed of this computer. It is a P4 3.2Ghz with 2GB of RAM and SATA hard drives. It does have an Nvidia GeForce 6200 video card with 128Mb of video RAM running Windows XP SP4.

DVBViewer scanned in all the clear channels, but scanned in a few with audio only. I used the channel editor and set the Video PID to be the ame as the PCR PID, and the channels came in and displayed fine. :biggrin:

I am very pleased to have it working in DVBViewer.

I used the same Transponder list, and set the tuners the same way in Transedit with no results.

If you can give me some detailed setup instructions for use with Transedit, I'll try and get it to work.

Edited by linuxman
DVBViewer will not scan in channels with the tuner being used is set to normal. I had to set the other tuners to "Do Not Use" in order to get the channels to scan in, while setting the tuner being used to "Preferred".

DVBViewer doesn't know which tuner is suitable resp. configured for Clear QAM, since all of them appear as ATSC tuners. But you can tell DVBViewer by using channel groups, or with other words, by binding channels to a tuner:

- Go to the channel editor and assign all Clear QAM channels to group B (A is the default group). Provided all Clear QAM channels are children of a separate root node, right-clicking it and selecting Set Channel Group -> Group B will do it for all contained channels.

- Go to Options -> Hardware, untick Group B for your OTA tuners and Group A for your Clear QAM tuner.

After that DVBViewer will know that the OTA tuners shall not be used for the Clear QAM channels belonging to group B, and the Clear QAM tuner not for OTA channels belonging to group A.

I used the same Transponder list, and set the tuners the same way in Transedit with no results.

Same applies to TransEdit. You can assign a group to a transponder list (right-click it on the left side of the main window -> Set Group) and disable the usage of tuners for certain groups under Settings -> Hardware as decribed above.

Is TransEdit able to scan the OTA channels?

The differences between TransEdit and DVBViewer Pro are:

- TransEdit doesn't support the PID filtering of HDHomeRun devices yet. There is no "Open whole transponder" checkbox. TransEdit will always receive the whole stream, resp. assume that it will get the whole stream.

- "Direct Tuning on" in DVBViewer equals "Use Standard Interface off" in TransEdit (default). That's why I've asked

Ticking "Direct Tuning" and "Use internal Network Provider filter" usually is more efficient and faster if the driver can cope with it. Does it work?

So try to switch Settings -> Hardware -> Use Standard Interface off on.

Edited by Griga

Sorry it took me so long to respond.

I followed Griga's instructions above concerning grouping the channels in DVBViewer and am happy to report that both tuners tune in properly with the options/hardware setting assigning each tuner to a group plus setting the channels in the editor to the assigned group. The channels scan in properly both on OTA, and QAM without a hitch, and the switching from OTA tuner to QAM tuner is as smooth and efficient.

I need to add that the only option set in the hardware tuner window is to stop stream while tuning.

I am also happy to report that Transedit works properly if configured as above assigning groups to the tuners in the settings, and assigning the transponder list to the appropriate group. Transedit scans both OTA, and QAM channels without a problem.

In the Transedit settings, I have the stop streaming while tuning box checked, and use direct interface checked. Doesn't work without those two checked.

The only thing that seems to broken now, is the EPG. It worked very well as setup before at least on the OTA channels. I didn't expect it to work on the QAM channels, but would like it to work for the OTA.

I see there is an EPG URL List file available.

Is there a way to edit that file and include a URL that will fill my EPG from an external source?

Thanks for your help Griga. I have been using DVBViewer for satellite tuning for several years, and have used it for OTA channels for at least two years, but have learned more about the program in the past three days, than the previous several years. :biggrin:

If I can just get the EPG working again now, I'll be a happy camper.

I figured out the EPG.

If you want the EPG to work on OTA channels, you need to check the box on "open whole transponder" in the options/hardware tuner section for the tuner being used for OTA channels.

At least, that's all I have come up with.

In the Transedit settings, I have the stop streaming while tuning box checked, and use direct interface checked. Doesn't work without those two checked.

You mean "Use standard interface" checked, I suppose. So it doesn't work with "Use standard interface" unchecked, correct?

To point it out a bit: "Use standard interface" unchecked in TransEdit resp. "Direct Tuning" checked in DVBViewer (and even more "Use internal Network Provider filter" checked) avoid some of the MS overhead that DVBViewer and TransEdit don't need. However, it depends on the driver... and there's something I've seen in the code yesterday:

In the working "Direct Tuning off" resp. "Use standard interface on" mode DVBViewer and TransEdit automatically subtract 1750 khz from the frequency before passing it to the driver (related to difference between NTSC video carrier frequency and digital center frequency). But they don't do it in "Direct Tuning on" resp. "Use standard interface off" mode. Maybe that's the problem. So please test the following with TransEdit:

- Uncheck "Use standard interface", leave "stop stream while tuning" checked.

- Select a transponder that usually delivers scan results.

- Edit the frequency on the right side of the TransEdit main window. Subtract 1750 khz, then click Apply

- Try to scan the transponder ("Scan Selected"). Does it work now?

- Return to your previous settings.

The only thing that seems to broken now, is the EPG. It worked very well as setup before at least on the OTA channels.

Maybe due to your attempts to configure the driver in the HDHomeRun setup resp. registry. In order to pinpoint the problem please try the TransEdit Analyzer. Select an OTA transponder that usually delivers results and click Analyze. What do you see? A screenshot would be helpful.

I'm not sure if the "Remap" configuration is ok. AFAIK it refers to the ATSC channel number system, but TransEdit and DVBViewer don't use it, so it may be meaningless in your case or even problematic. For sure one of the tuners must be configured for "Digital Cable" somehow (see Driver Configuration chapter in the Development Guide), but Channel Remapping may be a bit too much. My guess is that "Native" mode is more suitable for DVBViewer/TransEdit.

You mean "Use standard interface" checked, I suppose. So it doesn't work with "Use standard interface" unchecked, correct?

That is correct.

To point it out a bit: "Use standard interface" unchecked in TransEdit resp. "Direct Tuning" checked in DVBViewer (and even more "Use internal Network Provider filter" checked) avoid some of the MS overhead that DVBViewer and TransEdit don't need. However, it depends on the driver... and there's something I've seen in the code yesterday:

In the working "Direct Tuning off" resp. "Use standard interface on" mode DVBViewer and TransEdit automatically subtract 1750 khz from the frequency before passing it to the driver (related to difference between NTSC video carrier frequency and digital center frequency). But they don't do it in "Direct Tuning on" resp. "Use standard interface off" mode. Maybe that's the problem. So please test the following with TransEdit:

- Uncheck "Use standard interface", leave "stop stream while tuning" checked.

- Select a transponder that usually delivers scan results.

- Edit the frequency on the right side of the TransEdit main window. Subtract 1750 khz, then click Apply

- Try to scan the transponder ("Scan Selected"). Does it work now?

- Return to your previous settings.

It worked correctly with the "use standard interface" unchecked with the frequency offset by 1750 Khz to yield 531250.

Screen shot included.

Maybe due to your attempts to configure the driver in the HDHomeRun setup resp. registry. In order to pinpoint the problem please try the TransEdit Analyzer. Select an OTA transponder that usually delivers results and click Analyze. What do you see? A screenshot would be helpful.

I'm not sure if the "Remap" configuration is ok. AFAIK it refers to the ATSC channel number system, but TransEdit and DVBViewer don't use it, so it may be meaningless in your case or even problematic. For sure one of the tuners must be configured for "Digital Cable" somehow (see Driver Configuration chapter in the Development Guide), but Channel Remapping may be a bit too much. My guess is that "Native" mode is more suitable for DVBViewer/TransEdit.

I currently have the tuners configured in HDHomerun to be using other:ATSC/QAM and other:ATSC/Remap. I may have forgotten to mention that I abandoned the other:registry sometime yesterday. :rolleyes:

When I am working to solve a problem, I sometimes make changes to configurations just to keep moving.

See the attachment. Maybe it will help.post-31833-0-32593000-1314478737_thumb.jpg

It worked correctly with the "use standard interface" unchecked with the frequency offset by 1750 Khz to yield 531250.

Thanks. Looks like it must be corrected in our code.

See the attachment. Maybe it will help

Well, obviously EPG data is arriving in TransEdit, at least some Event Information Table (EIT) and Extended Text Table (ETT) streams. Please expand the according entries in the treeview on the left side. Do they contain everything you would expect as EPG data?

Since TransEdit does not use PID filters, the next question: Is "Open whole transponder" in DVBViewer checked or not?

Well, obviously EPG data is arriving in TransEdit, at least some Event Information Table (EIT) and Extended Text Table (ETT) streams. Please expand the according entries in the treeview on the left side. Do they contain everything you would expect as EPG data?

Since TransEdit does not use PID filters, the next question is: Is "Open whole transponder" in DVBViewer checked or not?

In DVBViewer, I do have "open whole transponder" checked in the tuner set for OTA ATSC channels. That is the only way for me to get the EPG data to come through.

As far as your question above, "Do they contain everything you would expect as EPG data"? The EPG that I get in DVBViewer is what I would expect. I'm not sure of what you are asking.

I have attached the expanded tree on the left as requested.

post-31833-0-15049100-1314480940_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the size, but I couldn't upload anything bigger.

In DVBViewer, I do have "open whole transponder" checked in the tuner set for OTA ATSC channels. That is the only way for me to get the EPG data to come through.

Ok, so your EPG problem is solved with "Open whole transponder" checked, correct?

Nevertheless DVBViewer should also receive EPG data with "Open whole transponder" off. Maybe it's a bug - we'll have to check if the EIT/ETT PIDs are allocated correctly in this mode. Unfortunately the ATSC EPG is quite complicated, since it is spread over several streams resp. PIDs. The DVB EPG only uses a single PID.

Apart from that the PID filter mode ("Open whole transponder" off) may be useful or even mandatory in your case, if you want to use two or three tuners at the same time, e.g. for background recording. HDHomeRun is connected via Ethernet (with other words, it is a network device, and the BDA driver only provides a software emulation of a real BDA device). Using two or three tuners simultaneously may yield 100 MBit/s without PID filters, and I don't know if your PC can cope with it.

I'm not sure of what you are asking.

Sorry, I should have asked more precisely: Do you see all the EPG text in the EIT/ETT subnodes that you would expect?

Ok, so your EPG problem is solved with "Open whole transponder" checked, correct?

Correct.

Nevertheless DVBViewer should also receive EPG data with "Open whole transponder" unchecked. Maybe it's a bug - we'll have to check if the EIT/ETT PIDs are allocated correctly in this mode. Unfortunately the ATSC EPG is quite complicated, since it is spread over several streams resp. PIDs. The DVB EPG only uses a single PID.

Apart from that the PID filter mode ("Open whole transponder" off) may be useful or even mandatory in your case, if you want to use two or three tuners at the same time, e.g. for recording. HDHomeRun is connected via Ethernet (with other words, it is a network device, and the BDA driver only provides a software emulation of a real BDA device). Using two or three tuners simultaneously may yield 100 MBit/s without PID filters, and I don't know if your PC can cope with it.

That's ok.

I have different computers set up for recordings at the same time, so they can be utilized if necessary. This computer will be used mainly for recording of one particular show that comes on Saturday nights. I happen to like Gospel Music, and can get it on clear QAM. :biggrin:

Sorry, I should have asked more precisely: Do you see all the EPG text in the EIT/ETT subnodes that you would expect?

Yes I do. Thank you!

Thank you so far for all your reports. They are very helpful for improving the ATSC and HDHomeRun support in DVBViewer and TransEdit.

The next step will be a TransEdit test version with HDHomeRun PID Filter support. I'll come back to it... please stay tuned :)

Thank you so far for all your reports. They are very helpful for improving the ATSC and HDHomeRun support in DVBViewer and TransEdit.

The next step will be a TransEdit test version with HDHomeRun PID Filter support. I'll come back to it... please stay tuned :)

I'll be happy to try and help you with it, and thank you for helping me get it working as well as it is right now.

I just finished recording my Saturday Night program that I wanted with it. :biggrin:

Ok, here we go. There is a TransEdit 3.8.0.6 ATSC Test version avialable in the members area -> beta section:

- Added: Detection of HDHomeRun devices (requires performing Settings -> Hardware -> Detect Devices manually).

Expected result: Launch the new version, perform Settings -> Hardware -> Detect Devices, click Save and close TransEdit. After that the file TransEdit.ini in the Configuration Folder (see Info Menu in TransEdit) should contain "Vendor.x=25" entries in the [Hardware] section.

- Added: Hardware PID Filter support for HDHomeRun devices.

Expected result: "Open whole transponder" checkbox available under Settings -> Hardware. Please try if scanning and analyzing works as it should with "Open whole transponder" unticked. However, this option is only used by the Scanner and Preview function. The Analyzer will always force "Open whole transponder", because it is designed to display the complete collection of streams.

- Fix: ATSC Frequency offset issue in "Use standard interface off" mode.

Expected result: Scanning and analyzing works "out of the box" with the ATSC transponder lists and "Use standard interface" unchecked. Additionally I would like to know if it also works with "Use internal Network Provider filter" checked.

- Changed: "Stop stream while tuning" is checked by default for HDHomeRun devices.

Question: Must it also be checked in "Use standard interface off" mode?

Something about the EPG issue: Lars told me that receiving ATSC EPG data in "Open whole transponder off" mode would create severe difficulties, because it would require to allocate a lot of PIDs in certain cases. However, some devices only provide a very limited number of PID filters. We don't know if this applies to HDHomeRun (the Developer Guide doesn't specify the maximum number of PIDs), but to be on the safe side, DVBViewer doesn't attempt to allocate the EIT and ETT PIDs in "Open whole transponder off" mode.

I've re-uploaded TransEdit 3.8.0.6, because I've just found a bug in the HDHomeRun device detection code ;)

Ok, no problem, I'll re-download it now, and am ready to do the test.

Ok, here we go. There is a TransEdit 3.8.0.6 ATSC Test version avialable in the members area -> beta section:

- Added: Detection of HDHomeRun devices (requires performing Settings -> Hardware -> Detect Devices manually).

Expected result: Launch the new version, perform Settings -> Hardware -> Detect Devices, click Save and close TransEdit. After that the file TransEdit.ini in the Configuration Folder (see Info Menu in TransEdit) should contain "Vendor.x=25" entries in the [Hardware] section.

The hardware.xml file contains vendor=25 in all entries for the hdhomerun.

- Added: Hardware PID Filter support for HDHomeRun devices.

Expected result: "Open whole transponder" checkbox available under Settings -> Hardware. Please try if scanning and analyzing works as it should with "Open whole transponder" unticked. However, this option is only used by the Scanner and Preview function. The Analyzer will always force "Open whole transponder", because it is designed to display the complete collection of streams.

Does not scan in channels with "Open whole transponder" unticked.

- Fix: ATSC Frequency offset issue in "Use standard interface off" mode.

Expected result: Scanning and analyzing works "out of the box" with the ATSC transponder lists and "Use standard interface" unchecked. Additionally I would like to know if it also works with "Use internal Network Provider filter" checked.

- Changed: "Stop stream while tuning" is checked by default for HDHomeRun devices.

Question: Must it also be checked in "Use standard interface off" mode?

It does scan in channels without the "Open whole transponder" unticked, if you tick in the option for "Use Standard Interface".

It also scans in if you tick the "Use Internal Network Provider" option without the "Open whole transponder" unticked.

Something about the EPG issue: Lars told me that receiving ATSC EPG data in "Open whole transponder off" mode would create severe difficulties, because it would require to allocate a lot of PIDs in certain cases. However, some devices only provide a very limited number of PID filters. We don't know if this applies to HDHomeRun (the Developer Guide doesn't specify the maximum number of PIDs), but to be on the safe side, DVBViewer doesn't attempt to allocate the EIT and ETT PIDs in "Open whole transponder off" mode.

That's valuable information to me concerning the EPG guide. I tried it on one of my other machines this morning which has a bit more horsepower than this machine, and the channel switching etc. worked fine on it with the "Open Whole Transponder" turned on in DVBViewer.

Hope this helps you out.

I'm going to be out for a bit, but will return in a couple of hours if further testing is needed.

Ok, let me summarize: The following setting combinations are working in the TransEdit ATSC test version 3.8.0.6:

- Stop stream while tuning on

- Open whole transponder on

- Use standard interface on or off

- Use internal Network Provider filter on or off (only relevant in "use standard interface off" mode).

Is this correct so far?

The need for "Stop stream while tuning" is expected after your previous reports, but the whole stuff is supposed to work with "Open whole transponder" off. I guess there is still a bug lurking around... I have to check it. Writing code for devices without a possibility to test it is an awkward matter ;)

Ok, let me summarize: The following setting combinations are working in the TransEdit ATSC test version 3.8.0.6:

- Stop stream while tuning on

Correct.

- Open whole transponder on

Does not need to be on as long as "Use standard interface" is checked.

- Use standard interface on or off

Currently on.

- Use internal Network Provider filter on or off (only relevant in "use standard interface off" mode).

Works whether on or off.

Is this correct so far?

See above.

The need for "Stop stream while tuning" is expected after your previous reports, but the whole stuff is supposed to work with "Open whole transponder" off. I guess there is still a bug lurking around... I have to check it. Writing code for devices without a possibility to test it is an awkward matter ;)

It works with "Open Whole Transponder" turned off as noted above.

Well, that's the problem with remote testing: Additionally communication issues have to be handled, particularly when combinations of several parameters are involved. I wasn't sure how to interpret statements like

It does scan in channels without the "Open whole transponder" unticked, if you tick in the option for "Use Standard Interface".
It also scans in if you tick the "Use Internal Network Provider" option without the "Open whole transponder" unticked.

So here is my (updated) interpretation of your reports in table form, where "-" means off, "X" means on and "*" means arbitrary resp. doesn't matter. I hope it helps to clarify things:
Stop Stream | Whole Transp. | Standard Int. | Int. NP filter | Result
    -              *               *                *          failure
    X              X               X                *            ok
    X              X               -                *            ok
    X              -               X                *            ok
    X              -               -                *          failure

Additionally I've attached the table as txt file (created with NotePad by using tabs). You may use it for replying if still necessary. If you want to post the table, it must be wrapped in code tags, otherwise the forum software will mess it up. Or simply attach your version...

Test.txt

Well, that's the problem with remote testing: Additionally communication issues have to be handled, particularly when combinations of several parameters are involved. I wasn't sure how to interpret statements like

So here is my (updated) interpretation of your reports in table form, where "-" means off, "X" means on and "*" means arbitrary resp. doesn't matter. I hope it helps to clarify things:

Stop Stream	Whole Transp.	Standard Int.	Int. NP filter
-		*		*		*		failure
X		X		X		*		ok
X		X		-		*		ok
X		-		X		*		ok
X		-		-		*		failure

Additionally I've attached the table as txt file (created with NotePad by using tabs). You may use it for replying if still necessary. If you want to post the table, it must be wrapped in code tags, otherwise the forum software will mess it up. Or simply attach your version...

You're table is correct.

Sorry about the communication confusion.

Thanks. No I have to think about why PID filtering depends on the tuning method. Setting the PID filters happens after tuning, so it shouldn't matter how a transponder has been tuned, but obviously it does... anyway, let's pause a bit. Maybe enlightment will come tomorrow...

Well, I don't get it... maybe I have to post some questions in the HDHomeRun forum. But first I would like to know more about your driver configuration. Would you mind saving the whole

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Silicondust\HDHomeRun\Tuners\

key with RegEdit as reg file, zipping it and attaching it here?

Well, I don't get it... maybe I have to post some questions in the HDHomeRun forum. But first I would like to know more about your driver configuration. Would you mind saving the whole

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Silicondust\HDHomeRun\Tuners\

key with RegEdit as reg file, zipping it and attaching it here?

File attached.

hdhome-run-tuners-registry-key.zip

Thanks. Looks quite clean :) However, BDAPIDFilter is disabled throughout. Did you enable it for the recent tests?

The last time I changed the configuration using the HDHomerun setup utility, I changed the settings to ATSC:remap, and ATSC:QAM, and that was done prior to all the tests that we have run.

The utility must have changed the registry entry for BDAPIDFilter to Disabled.