HDHomerun and Clear QAM NA

linuxman

The utility must have changed the registry entry for BDAPIDFilter to Disabled

"Application"="Other: ATSC/QAM" plus "BDAPIDFilter"="Enabled" is non-standard, because the utility assumes that "other" applications know nothing about the HDHomeRun PID filters.

So if you want to use/test PID filters with an application that is not listed in the utility, a registry hack is required for enabling the PID filters, and it must be applied after using the utility, as far as I can see.

Looks like your "Whole transponder off" test results are not significant with the current driver configuration. Revealing all mysteries of a DVB/ATSC device can really get a hard job... ;)

"Application"="Other: ATSC/QAM" plus "BDAPIDFilter"="Enabled" is non-standard, because the utility assumes that "other" applications know nothing about the HDHomeRun PID filters.

So if you want to use/test PID filters with an application that is not listed in the utility, a registry hack is required for enabling the PID filters, and it must be applied after using the utility, as far as I can see.

Looks like your "Whole transponder off" test results are not significant with the current driver configuration. Revealing all mysteries of a DVB/ATSC device can really get a hard job... ;)

That's not a problem. I will make the registry adjustment for the ATSC Over The Air tuner, and test again.

With "BDAPIDFilter"="Enabled" the test results were the same as before using Transedit. No change at all.

However, DVBViewer would no longer display the channels with "BDAPIDFilter"="Enabled". I could see the signal in the bar below, but no audio or video. I changed the "BDAPIDFilter"="Disabled" and the channels came back to life.

Hope that tells you something.

Hope that tells you something.

Not without knowing the DVBViewer hardware settings that were involved. Particularly "Open whole transponder" and "Direct tuning" are of interest.

After having resolved some basic issues, we have now reached a point where interactions between DVBViewer/TransEdit and the driver are playing a major role. It will be difficult to pinpoint what is actually happening without knowing in detail what the driver does. That's why I'm planning to contact Silicondust. Most likely they have better means to clarify things, e.g. driver logs.

Anyway - without your help I wouldn't have reached the point where contacting silicondust makes sense.

Not without knowing the DVBViewer hardware settings that were involved. Particularly "Open whole transponder" and "Direct tuning" are of interest.

After having resolved some basic issues, we have now reached a point where interactions between DVBViewer/TransEdit and the driver are playing a major role. It will be difficult to pinpoint what is actually happening without knowing in detail what the driver does. That's why I'm planning to contact Silicondust. Most likely they have better means to clarify things, e.g. driver logs.

Anyway - without your help I wouldn't have reached the point where contacting silicondust makes sense.

The DVBViewer hardware settings were "Open Whole Transponder=on" and "Stop Stream While Tuning=on".

We discussed why the "Open Whole Transponder=on" was necessary to get the EPG to work properly.

Glad I could be of help, and I hope that DVBViewer/Transedit will be a better program because of it, especially in it's support of the HDHomerun tuner. :)