1.9.1.0 Beta Display Issue...

IanSav

Hi,

It appears that IE8 has problems displaying the Timeline page properly. The channel icons on the left do not line up with the program information details on the right. I have tried using compatibility view on and off neither setting appears to help. The display appears correct in Firefox and Chrome. I have attached a sample of the problem. EPGDisplayIssue1 shows the top of the Timeline page where you can see the channel icon column slowly drifting out of alignment. EPGDisplayIssue2 shows the bottom of the Timeline page where you will note that the cumulative spacing errors create a significant alignment problem.

EPGDisplayIssue1 also demonstrates another issue where the current date and time in the heading does not match with the red current time marker over the EPG. The red marker is pointing to the correct time. I am in Australia where the current time zone is GMT +10:00.

I hope I have provided enough information in this report. If not please advise what else will help.

Regards,

Ian.

Dear Lars,

I use Windows XP so IE9 is not available. :( I am not able to change *all* the PCs from where I may access the web service. It would be helpful if this problem could be addressed for all IE8 users.

Regards,

Ian.

P.S. Is it possible to edit the images I posted? I would like to shrink them down to recover some space to post another image for a suggestion post I am creating.

Regards,

Ian.

Edited by IanSav

IE8 uses a outdated rendering engine. I would recommend that everyone should change to a up-to-date browser.

It would be helpful if this problem could be addressed for all IE8 users.
I think that will only happen if a IE8 user finds a solution an post it.

An if that not break anything in a up-to-date browser, I think Lars will integrate it.

P.S. Is it possible to edit the images I posted?
You can only delet them.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=attachments

Hi,

I deleted the large attachments from the original post and have replaced them with smaller versions here...

Also, for all the people suggesting that I upgrade to IE9 to resolve the issue. Microsoft has not released IE9 for Windows XP. Also the idea of the recording service is to allow access to my PC from remote workstations. I can not control what web browsers are offered elsewhere. Many, MANY, places still only offer IE8 as the only browser.

By the way, was there any response to my observation regarding the offset of the time as displayed on the heading bar (this time is incorrect) and the correct time as indicated on the red time marker over the EPG data.

Regards,

Ian.

post-113560-0-92708700-1314661096_thumb.jpg

post-113560-0-20049500-1314661117_thumb.jpg

Edited by IanSav