mce remote mapping

tixx

hi all,

im a newbie here, finally got my DVBViewer pro working well last night with various plugins, skins etc..

im having issues mapping key functions to my mce remote though. Ive installed the plugins mce2005 and mceir, but i only really get 4-5 keys mapped that actually work, and they are all wrongly mapped.

the plugins do show up in the options, and when i try to press the Learn button to try map keystrokes, nothing happens.

usually with my wireless keyboard a little message box will come up saying press a key to map this function, but doesnt happen with the mce remote.

the remote works fine in 7mc etc.

im using win7 x64

DVBViewer pro 4.8.1.0

Cheers

You actually need only one of the two plugins so make sure that only one is checked. Then to map a key, you need to select the Learn mode and then the function in the list that you want to map. There're a few keys that you will not be able to map as they are not recognized by either plugin (like the green button). I reported this a long time ago and Lars even developed a test program but I don't know why he never updated the plugin. There's an alternate plugin for them I think (search the forum). However I'm using an external app LMRemoteKeyMap for all my mapping needs. The main advantage is that I can program other actions outside of DVBViewer and I can use the green button to start it!

Thanks for the tip JF!.

Im actually thinking about trying the lmremotekeymap app. can you tell me if it supports mapping other apps such as

DVBViewer, 7mc, xbmc, etc?

I really need a good app that can map these apps seperately as I usually get conflicting buttons with 7mc and xbmc.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

You actually need only one of the two plugins so make sure that only one is checked. Then to map a key, you need to select the Learn mode and then the function in the list that you want to map. There're a few keys that you will not be able to map as they are not recognized by either plugin (like the green button). I reported this a long time ago and Lars even developed a test program but I don't know why he never updated the plugin. There's an alternate plugin for them I think (search the forum). However I'm using an external app LMRemoteKeyMap for all my mapping needs. The main advantage is that I can program other actions outside of DVBViewer and I can use the green button to start it!

Are you hinting that the MCE plugins don't work?

I have a problem with the Fast-Forward key not being seen, even though it works in WMC. I found your earlier thread that included the hidtest. What I found was that hidtest reports the FF button as "MCE - FastForward" but DVBViewer doesn't respond at all, even in Learn mode. Meanwhile the rewind button is recognised as by DVBViewer as "Keyboard - CTRL SHIFT B" but isn't seen by hidtest. It's as if the remote - or the software - has a split personality.

Looks like I won't be able to get rid of the mouse for a while yet.