Online Plugin

hackbart

Hi there,

as we mentioned from time to time the new version of the DVBViewer will come with a enhanced streaming solution.

We had spent countless hours to enhance our own Video On Demand splitter, which should deal with the most streaming

content.

A direct implementation iof the online content manager is not complete, but the attached plugin should fill this gap

until the Version 5.0 will be released.

The usage is quite simple: Extract the zip into the DVBViewer folder. The podcast.ini and the online.dll should be

placed into the Plugin folder. The xml files are addons for the 3 most used skins. Skinners should be able to update

their skins quite easy (the file is almost equal to mymusicfiles.xml).

Managing the Podcasts can be done inside the options:

To add a new Podcast simply press the add button and type the name, url of the rss feed and (optional) then logo.

The edit button allows to update the selected item and delete removes the enty.

This early version also has an "available" button. This button, once pressed, is scanning all listed podcasts

and verifies the availability. This process will take a long time, so please make sure that you know what you are doing.

One of the latest features we implemented was the vimeo support. To add new categories you have to edit the podcast.ini

file and add them under the section [vimeo]

Christian

Edit:

New versions in post #21

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/46963-online-plugin/page__view__findpost__p__350477

online.zip

Edited by Tjod
  • Like 1

Super Plugin!

Leider gibt er mir beim anwählen eines youtubevideos einen Fehler aus

"Exception EOIeException in Modul Online.dll bei 000D47FE"

Gibts da Abhilfe?

EDIT: I`m Sorry I dont realized im in the Englisch Section!

Even if most of the Moderators will understand me ill translate everything.

" Great Plugin!

Sadly i got an Error on selecting a Youtubevideo.

"Exception EOIeException in Modul Online.dll bei 000D47FE"

Anyone who can help me out? "

Edited by udo83

My first experience with this plugin:

- Works with youtube instantly. Thank you!

- Not able to press OK in OSD search video window (using default skin). Even can't leave the search window sometimes.

- Online options: When pressing button "available" a counter counts down from 2xx to -30 (killed task at -30 manually)

Questions:

- Is it possible to login to youtube with my personal account to view my favorites and playlists?

- Is it possible to close OSD automatically and start playback after a video is selected? Currently video playback is started in a small window and OSD must be closed manually.

Edited by dbraner

Well the biggest problem is caused by the fact that the provided videos are mostly in a MP4, FLV or the new Google Video-Container. To be able to play them back you need a slitter capable to handle these filetypes. Such a splitter would be either Haali (which i use) or the LAV Splitter. Without them you will probably get into problems play the files back. I did not found time to create an own flv/mp4 capable splitter yet and to be honest this one would not be better than the two i mentioned. Both are free and could be easily found via google.

Christian

hello christian,

ive tried to install both of them.

it still ends up with the named error.

and if im im tryin to use the new "Youtube" Function via murl File it says something like "kann video Ausgabe Pin nicht rendern es wurde keine Zwischenfilter für die--"

do u have any idea what to do?

i really love the idea of this new feature.

It would be amazing to use youtube on my HTPC!

Edited by udo83

Hello,

DVBViewer freeze about 2 to 5 minutes before getting playing an online video ?

DVBViewer freeze environ 2 à 5mn avant de lire une video en ligne ?

Merci.

Edited by rdg

DVBViewer freeze about 2 to 5 minutes before getting playing an online video ?

Well, the video buffer must be filled. The time for this actions depends on your internet bandwidth and the resolution and encoding of the video. Is this time significantly shorter if you watch youtube with your web browser?

Edited by dbraner

Well, the video buffer must be filled. The time for this actions depends on your internet bandwidth and the resolution and encoding of the video. Is this time significantly shorter if you watch youtube with your web browser?

It's streaming, playback should begin immediately. No problem on youtube.com with IE. I think DVBViewer waits until the download is 100% ?

First i must thank for this greate plugin !

Second i have little question : It is possible use rss feeds from metafeeds.com, probably the best source of feeds ? I try it but with no success :(

Thanks for reply.

It's streaming, playback should begin immediately. No problem on youtube.com with IE. I think DVBViewer waits until the download is 100% ?

Podcasts usually need to be downloaded. Cicking on one gave me an "Unspecified error"

I found it on the web-site as a mp4 file. In the browser, options were to be saved or opened in WMP - I selected the latter but it waited until the whole file had been downloaded before playing.

The file itself plays OK in DVBViewer Pro (Open video).

YouTube played well. Others were hit-and-miss. Many links freeze the application and force termination. I hope the full release will include some help with diagnosing problems (e.g.file types)

This should be a very nice plugin, but I think the developers may have opened a can of worms. (Büchse der Pandora)

Quick, dirty fix for widescreen skin NewDefWide

online.xml

post-107761-0-77836400-1317152331_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

I guess neither the video on demand filter, nor the plugin is the reason. My guess is that a decoder is responsible for crash. One of the biggest problems of the directshow architecture is that the weakest part in the rendering chain will crash the whole application. It might help if you could pinpoint to the stream you try to play and the decoder you have installed. In my case 99% of all problems are caused by the h264 microsoft decoder while playing youtube videos.

Holger

Sorry for my bad English, I'm french.

DVBV sometimes freeze, sometimes not.

Example for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpuHCGl0O6Q

First test: DVBV freeze

post-33858-0-76025100-1318965206_thumb.jpg

Second test: OK / Video: ffdshow / Audio: MS Decoder

post-33858-0-12122900-1318965217_thumb.jpg

What is the problem?

How to force a filter to a streaming source?

thx

Edited by rdg
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Christian handed the source code to me and i did a lot of development on this plugin. I'll publish a new version here for now. If you have any suggestions and ideas, please write them down.

Important: this plugin is not responsible for issues regarding playback stability and so on. If you have problems with crashes or hang ups while playing back internet videos, this comes from the direct show compoents, not from this plugin.

With the latest DVBViewer versions, playback works fine with the LAV codecs (splitter + video + audio) version 0.58.2 or later.

You will find 3 downloads:

• Online_Online_14_01_26.zip ==> Contains the plugin. Copy the 3 files under "Plugins" to the "Plugins" folder of your DVBViewer installation. Copy the images in the folder "OSDSkins\XYSkin\Images\Online" to the Images folder of your current OSD skin. Create a subdirectory "online" in the "images" folder and copy the images from the ZIP file to there.
  • Online_Thumbs_1.zip and Online_Thumbs_2.zip ==> Optional: Contain pictures for genres and countries. Used for internet radio. Copy the contents of this zip either 1:1 to "Program Files\DVBViewer\Images" (pictures will be used globally for all skins) or to the "images" folder of yor current skin (pictures will be used for this skin only).

Basic features of this plugin:

• YouTube support:
    • Browse through all the YouTube standard feeds.
    • Display all relvant information about a video.
    • Lists similar videos and video answers to a selected video (if any).
    • Displays the channel of a user, including the user's uploaded videos, his/her albums (if any), his/her favorits (if any), his/her subscriptions (if) any. The channel background picture is displayed in the DVBViewer OSD. All available channel and user information is listed.
    • Correct handling of 2D and 3D videos. You can use different shaders for playing back a 3D video rather than the standard shader for 2D. If a 2D video is played back, then the system default shader is used. If a 3D video is started, then just change the shader one time. The plugin remembers this shader and uses it now every time, when you watch a 3D video.
    • You can bookmark videos and user channels.
    • Plays back also "non embeddable" videos.
    • Search function: Finds videos and user channels that match the current search pattern.
    • You can configure YouTube settings via context menu => settings.
    • You can configure the prefered maximum video playback resolution in the plugin's settings.
    • Parental control: In the "online.ini" file, set SafeSearch=1 in the [Content] section.
  • Vimeo support:
    • Browse through some predefined Vimeo channels.
    • Display all relvant information about a video.
    • Add new channels / delete predefined channels.
    • Search function: Finds videos and user channels that match the current search pattern.
    • Display the channel of the user who uploaded a video, including his uploaded videos, his/her albums (if any), his/her favorits (if any), his/her subscriptions (if) any. All available informations about the user are listed.
    • You can bookmark videos and user channels.
    • You can configure the prefered maximum video playback resolution in the plugin's settings. For Vimeo, it differentiates only between "SD" and "HD". Everything below 1280x720p is treated as "SD".
  • Internet Radio:
    • vTuner support:
      • Browse through the wide range of internet radio stations by genre and/or country.
      • Browse through podcasts of internet radio stations.
      • Bookmark radio stations or folders.
    • Laut.fm: popular, user contibuted german internet radio:
      • Browse radio stations sorted by genre.
      • Search function: list radio stations whose names matches the given pattern and list stations who currently play a title that matches the given pattern.
      • Bookmark radio stations and folders.
    • Shoutcast is possible, but only for testing and you need a valid shoutcast key.
    • Add your own radio stations in the podcast editor. You can also add subfolders to (e.g.) differentiate between genres.
  • Add your own podcasts in the podcast editor. You can also add subfolders to (e.g.) differentiate between genres.
  • Easy to use podcast editor. Feeds and folders are displayed in a tree view. You can define feeds and folders. You can drag & drop items to change their ordering.
  • If you enter a new podcast, it is normally enough to enter only the stream URL and then click on "Check". All the other edit fields will get filled automatically, if the information is available.
  • Added LiveLeak for those who want it. Just create a new feed in the "Podcast" section, enter a feed name, enter "addon : / / liveleak" (without the blanks) for the Feed-URL and click on "Check". Does not work if you have set "SafeSearch=1" in the file "online.ini"
  • Add HbbTV URLs in the feed editor. Requires DVBViewer 5.2.7 or later.

You will find the plugin settings in the DVBViewer's "Options" dialog under "Online".

Hints for OSD Skinners:

The new version of this plugin is compatible with currently existing "online.xml" page, everything should be displayed as before. I tested it with BluFuzz, concinnity and the X skin.
Nevertheless, i added the following optional improvements:

You can create a maximum of 4 different xml files for each display level. If a xml file for a specific level does not exist, the xml file for the previous display level is used. List of xml files:

• online.xml ==> Used for Level 0 - the "main" screen with the YouTube, Vimeo, Radio and Genre icons.
  • online1.xml ==> Used for Level 1 => the screen after you selected a "provider" from the main screen. If this file does not exist, the file of Level 0 is used.
  • online2.xml ==> Used for Level 2 => screen contains playable items (video clips or radio stations). Also used for favorites. If this file does not exist, the file of Level 1 is used.
  • online_userchannel.xml ==> used to display a YouTube or Vimeo user channel. If this file does not exist, the file of Level 2 is used.

The following variables are defined:

• #online.feed => holds the current selected path (downwards compatible).
  • #online.selected => holds the current selected path more beautifed.
  • #online.provider.name => holds the name of the currently selected provider, e.g. YouTube or Vimeo or Radio
  • #online.provider.logo => holds the file name of the provider picture.
  • #selecteditem.Rating => Rating of currently selected item. 1..10, if available or 0 if not available.
  • #Media.Title => holds the title of the current played back item.
  • #Media.Artist => holds the name of author or artist of the current played back item.
  • #Media.Genre => holds the genre of the current played back item, if available.
  • #Media.Rating => holds the rating for the current played back media. 1..10, if available or 0 if not available.
  • #coverart => Cover or thumb or currently played back media.
  • #Media.Info => Information about the currently played back media, if available.

In the user channel view, you can add two OSD images:

• Control ID 887 => holds channel logo, if available.
  • Control ID 889 => background picture, will be set to user channel background picture, if available. If no picture is available, the skin default value is used. If you don't like the background switching, just set the ControlID to another value.

online_Thumbs_1.zip

online_Thumbs_2.zip

Online_14_01_26.zip

Edited by SnoopyDog

Woha, this is amazing. I really appreciate this plugin :) I even think the current version has more potential than boxee - at least since hulu does not work outside us&a.

I had to upload an update: please download the new file "Online_11_11_20_1.zip"

Fixed:

• did not change to "online_userchannel.xml"
  • YouTube channel names contained raw utf-8 encoded characters.

Sorry for that.

Omg, my latest update introduced another bug while browsing through the screens. I fixed that and i also updated to YouTube API v2 because i read somewhere they will turn off the old v1 api sooner or later.

Please download and use the updated file "Online_11_11_20_2.zip"

Thank you for your patience and enjoy :)

• 2 weeks later...

I uploaded a new version here:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/46963-online-plugin/page__st__15__p__350477#entry350477

@BuNsen: The problem that you mentioned should be fixed now.

@Boss123: I'll give some hints for playback problems.

What is new:

• (Added Shoutcast Internet Radio on a preliminary base. There is a search functionality for Shoucast: if you enter a search text, then it first tries to find a radio station with the given name. If there is none, it tries to find radio stations which are playing a title which matches the search text.)
  • Changed some code that i introduced in the last update which slowed down loading of YouTube channels. Now it is faster again.
  • Improved the User Channel display for YouTube and Vimeo: You can switch between "Videos" => Videos that the user uploaded / "Favorites" => Videos that the user added to his list of favorites / "Subscriptions" => User channels that the user has subscribed to (YouTube) or videos that the user is subscribed to (Vimeo).
    You will also see informations about the user, if there is any.
  • Added more options to the YouTube OSD settings menu: Time filter (Today/This week/This month/All) and a filter to show only HD videos in the search result.
  • YouTube: Video thumbnails were not displayed if there is only a low-resolution thumbnail available.
  • Improved the asynchronous download of thumbnails and channel background pictures.
  • Improved startup of radio stations which deliver a .pls playlist.
  • Improved laut.fm genre displaying.
  • Improved podcast handling a bit.
  • Podcast editor: You may also enter a URL for a podcast file that is somwhere on you local harddisc like "file:///D:\MediaInfo\Podcast\911\911_Podcast.xml" or "file:///\\myserver\MediaInfo\Podcast\911\911_Podcast.xml"
  • Added "Top 100 Stations" to laut.fm
  • Improved the plugin's configuration dialog. Added translation for english and german, all other languages have english texts at the moment.
  • Added configuration option "Close OSD on playback start".
  • Added configuration option "Re-open OSD after playback stop".
  • You can add your own radio stations now in the podcast editor. If there is at least one radio station in this list, you will see a new folder "My Radio Stations" in the "Radio" section.
  • You can add video clips to the DVBViewer playlist.
  • Added a "clean up" thread for the image cache. All downloaded images are heald in a folder on your local disc. In the configuration dialog of this plugin you can enter a maximum size in megabytes for this cache. Standard is 128 MB. Please don't enter senseless values like like "0" here cause the input is not validated right now. On my system, i only use ~108 MB after a long time of using the plugin.
    Check is running currently on program startup (threaded, so it does not block) and deletes images in the cache (depending on last access date) until the desired maximum cache size is reached. It deletes also images with 0 byte size.
  • Number of display levels is not limited anymore.

Still to do: Put things to a database.

New options for OSD skin:

• You may (NOT must) define a separate xml file with the name "online_rss.xml" which is optimized for displaying rss feeeds. If you don't have it in your skin, then the file "online2.xml" or at least the "online.xml" is used.
  • User channel view (online_userchannel.xml) should contain the following:
    * an image with control ID 889 (GT_IMAGE_TILE) to display the channel background image as a backdrop.
    * a textbox with LabelText "#online.ChannelInfo" to display information about the user.
    * an image with control ID 887 which displays the channel logo or user portrait.
    * a toggle button with control ID 501 (Videos) to show user's uploaded videos
    * a toggle button with control ID 502 (Favorites) to show user's list of favorite videos
    * a toggle button with control ID 503 (Subscriptions) to show user's subscriptions
  • If you support Shoutcast, you MUST have a valid shoutcast logo in the visible area of the screen. Control ID is 890. This is switched to "visible" whenever you enter the Shoutcast section of internet radio. This matches the Shoutcast branding requirements as described before. I attached a sample logo to this post. This logo must be placed to the onlinen.xml files.
  • You can add a "hoover" icon for the online plugin now. Name is "home_Online.png"

Playback issues of Youtube and Vimeo:

I got them massively, but i get rid of all of them on two different systems (ATI and nVidia graphics). It is neither an issue of this plugin, nor an issue of the DVBViewer VODSource filter. It all comes from the Direct Show filters that you use for decoding.

Issues that i had:

* Videos "never" start playing, software seems to hang.

* After playback end, software seems to hang.

I originally used the LAV splitter and LAV audio codecs for playing back mp4 and flv files.

I resolved the first problem by simply using the DivX aac audio codec for aac encoded files. Just uncheck the option "aac" in the list of formats that LAV audio should be used for. Since i did this, all YouTube and Vimeo videos start immediately with no delay.

I resolved the second problem by using the Haali splitter for mp4 playback and using the MPC HC flv splitter for playing back flv files. Just uncheck .mp4, .m4v, .flv in the list of files that the LAV splitter should support.

For mkv, mpls, m2ts i still use LAV.

In addition, i had to deregister/remove an old version of the Elecard demultiplexer "empgdmx.ax" because i found out that it confuses the DVBViewer completely for some reason, when the filter configuration that i mentioned above is active.

Streaming video is a bit more tricky than playing back mp4 files on your harddisc, so you have play a bit with the DirectShow filters.

Attachments: Sample Shoutcast Logo, Example for user channel display in OSD (old, does not have "Subscriptions" button), and yes, german (mostly) YouTube users will still see this in DVBViewer :whistle:

ShoutcastLogo.zip

post-24026-0-05899000-1323335990_thumb.jpg

post-24026-0-33016800-1323336142_thumb.png

Edited by SnoopyDog

Had to upload another update "Online_11_12_08_01.zip"

Forgot to remove some test code which does not open the online window again after playback stop in some cases. Sorry for that and enjoy :)

Small bugfix:

• The status line in OSD skins (#online.selected) did not show (e.g.) "YouTube: Top Rated" anymore, it showed "Top Rated: Top Rated". Fixed that.
  • In rare cases, "OSD Global back" may close the OSD rather than closing the online window when you were in the top screen. Fixed.

Uploaded it here: http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/46963-online-plugin/page__st__15__p__350477#entry350477

i need help

i do everything from here:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/46963-online-plugin/page__view__findpost__p__351670

i isntalled haali, disabled some format in lav, but it give me an error with all videos from online, this is it:

cannot load source filter, error 0x80040154 class not registered

Do i need to set lav video for mpeg 2, lav video for hd, and lav audio in directx?

Nobody talk about what codecs we need to use in directx.

thanks

Do you use the sample graph presets that come with the DVBViewer installation? Maybe, they refer to filters which are not installed on your system.

On my systems, the LAV splitter behaves strange on playback end of streamed videos, so i don't use it for .mp4 and .flv. What codecs do you have on your system for H.264 and AAC? I use the DivX codecs for streamed video ONLY, i managed this with a proper .fgp file.

If you use this .fgp file, you don't need to change your DirectX settings, it gets only active for YouTube streaming.

You'll find the graph presets in the DVBViewer config direcory under "GraphPresets"

YoutubeStream.zip

Edited by SnoopyDog

This error :cannot load source filter, error 0x80040154 class not registered ,means:

1. you have an pirate copy.

2. something is wrong,

i tried register pushfilter again, not working.

Then i install v4.9 over my installation, and now online plug is working.

OK :) Then maybe, the VODSource.ax filter was not registered.

Hi nordstern!

What happens, if you press the "red" key on your remote control when you are in the YouTube section? If you are in the "Favorites" folder, then the search function does not work. I fixed that for the next release. But in all other folders, you can use either the "red" key which opens the texteditor or you can press the "blue" key which opens a popup menu, where you also find an entry for searching.

Hi SnoopyDog

Thank you for this beautiful work first.

The only problem is my online plug-in now, no problems watching any video in youtube, but video playback is finished, open a new video or TV channel you want to do anything on or in any DWBViewer response DWBViewer cuts and crashes and I have to close the program.

Have you or how can I solve this situation.

Edited by özgür

You are using LAV-Splitter? Did you tried Haali?

@SnoopyDog Thats your YoutubeStream.fpg:

[General]

DisplayName=Youtube Stream

Description=Youtube with DivX Codecs

Conditions=.you,Stream

Enabled=1

[H264Decoder]

CLSID={6F513D27-97C3-453C-87FE-B24AE50B1601}

Name=DivX DXVA Video Decoder

[AACDecoder]

CLSID={19987CEE-DEE8-49DC-98EC-F21380AA9E68}

Name=DivX Audio Decoder

No splitter set here? Why?

@dare2: No proper direct show filters for ###### installed... What exactly did you do? Which filters are installed (support.zip)?

@Joshua06: What exactly is your problem?

@özgür: Which filters are installed (support.zip)?

@nuts: I only force the H.264 and the AAC codecs with my .fpg file. For the rest, the default filters are used. Edit: i wrote this in the last page: for mp4 i use Haali splitter and for flv i use the MPC HC flv splitter.

Edited by SnoopyDog

@Joshua06: What exactly is your problem?

All files installed as described in the appropriate folder or copied, but I will not even the point in the OSD displayed online videos.

What struck me, when copying the Win7 online.dll demanded a additional permission.

Tested with the default skin.

Edited by Joshua06