%event as directory name bug?

barrygreybeard

I use the following name pattern for all my recordings

%event\%event_%station_%date_%time

However a problem arises if %event ends in a ?

Recording service replaces the ? with a space which works when part of a file name (after the \) but when used as a directory name (before the \) and the ? is the final character in %event nothing is recorded. I believe windows truncates directory names with trailing spaces, removing the space(s). Recording Service is looking for the directory with a space on the end which windows doesn't create which results in no recording.

The work around is of course not to use %event for the directory name in such situations but when I forget I get an empty directory!

Hope this can be sorted

thanks

Barry

Were does your EPG data come from?

The service replaces invalid file/foldername chars with nothing. it simply deletes them.

So my guess: Your EPG data event has a trailing space. This can only happen with external EPG. Please make sure the software you use for the EPG trims the strings accordingly (not trailing or leading space/linefeed etc).

Were does your EPG data come from?

The service replaces invalid file/foldername chars with nothing. it simply deletes them.

So my guess: Your EPG data event has a trailing space. This can only happen with external EPG. Please make sure the software you use for the EPG trims the strings accordingly (not trailing or leading space/linefeed etc).

My EPG data comes from the cable TV company I use no additional software to retrieve it.

There is no trailing space in the epg data, just the ?. Looking at the file name created by %event I can see there is a space where the ? should be, maybe it is windows doing this. It is the same if : is in the %event. In the file name there is always a space where ? or : should be. If windows didnt replace the ? and : with something it would be an invalid filename.

Barry

an example

%event = "Ka' De li' østers?" (no quotes of course)

this is translated to "Ka De li østers " the invalid characters have been replaced by spaces. If this is a folder name then the trailing space has been removed.

Edited by barrygreybeard