iPlayer/Youtube in new DVBViewer

ml 05019

I've been using DVBViewer for some 2 years now, but I'm really feeling like a newbie here :blush:

From the v4.9.0.0 changelog I learned that DVBViewer now supports online streaming from Youtube, Vimeo, iPlayer. But I have no idea how do I get/open these functions. There's no forum thread, no Wiki page.

From what I've found:

•  
  • I learned that Youtube is accessible from the OSD (which I use really rarely, I prefer mouse) -> Online. It is visible in the video above at 00:38
    I do not have this entrypoint in my OSD, there's nothing between System and Program, and my OSD default skin is different, too. What's the skin visible in the video?
  • I also learned that it should be possible to open Youtube video via File -> Open URL dialog using youtube://videoid scheme.
    When I try this, I get error: Cannot render Mediafile/Output Pin, error: 0x80004005
  • I still have no idea how to open iPlayer. Do you need to buy MHEG5 plugin for it?

Edited by ml 05019

You need to download

Online.dll for Plugins folder

Online xml for OSD skin folder (Optional)

Online Images for OSD Skin images folder (Optional)

You can search for them on the forum

Hi ml 05019,

here there are the original Online Plugin post...

OSD Skin image you post is from X-Skin - Black Edition (look in xice signature for english version); the additional (and necessary!) html OSD page is included in the Online Plugin's zip...

To see youtube streams in DVBV you need an appropriate splitter (as you can read in plugin tread's post #4); I can suggest you Haali, google for it *alone* from a trusty site and beware of CodecPacks: they can upset irreversibly your PC!

:bye:

Edited by Gioxy

Thank you a lot for your answers - got these two working.

The question remains about the iPlayer - is it MHEG5-only, or is there (or in plans) another way to get the GUI or even input the episode ID directly without using the GUI? There are apps out there like get_iplayer that use the XML to parse iPlayer index feeds and download the programmes, but I'm only interested in viewing at this point.

Edited by ml 05019