Subtitles bug

rapper

Hi,

There maybe a possible bug whith subtitles displaying. It works ok when I use the automatic size of font in options, but when i clear the check-box it doesn't function anymore :D

So I cannot adjust font size, only automatic-size which displays very small characters

Any hint appreciated :D

:bye:

Thanks for the hint - you are right. With Overlay it *sometimes* works in in full screen mode. In window mode I get things like in the attached image.

I've reported it to Christian, but he doesn't seem to be able to look after it, cause he's got some problem with his hamster. :bye:

Zwischenablage01.png

hamster (Britannica.com):

any of a number of stout :bye: (ist this what Christian means) , Old World rodents belonging to the family Cricetidae (order Rodentia). They are typically short-tailed, soft-furred animals with large cheek pouches for carrying food. In most cases, hamsters generally live in burrows(maybe Christian is searching) , are nocturnal (like most computer freaks) , and feed on fruits, grain, and vegetables; but some...

Steffen

Guest Lars_MQ

Well it seems the hamster (a she) has a heavy crush on Christian. Everytime he passes its cage it throws itself on the back and wants to be petted. And Christian being the nice guy, he always is, of course fullfills this wish :bye:

Guest hackbart

yep, this is indeed quite strange. The poor girl has two maxims:

1st: Only get fondled by the alpha pet (means my brother)

2nd: Food.

So if you are not an Alpha you only get him catched with food. And since a few days she get some sort of rigour each time you come into the near of her cage..

Christian

Doesn't work here without auto size, neither with InterVideo nor with Sonic. Except after restarting the DVBViewer and switching to full screen mode. In window mode the subtitles are not displayed.

• 1 month later...

now that you are talking about subtitles size. I've got no problem modifying the size when in VR9, but when I do that, I lose some letters from every line, as they move to the left of the screen where they cannot be seen. The bigger the letters, the more I lose.

That is happening on Astra 2D (BBC channels). Haven't tried any other satellite.

Hope you can fix this for the new OSD version.

Also, it would be cool to get the subtitles centered on the screen.

Thanks!

Guest hackbart

Sure, we will keep an eye on it.

By the way, if you are interested in what might also become part of the new version: DVB Subtitle (ETSI EN 300 743) support :(

I guess the DVBViewer is the first windows application which will support such a thing. Since i'm unable to receive a FTA channel which offers this i'm still fighting with the sync - anyhow i suppose the next version will have a support for this ;)

Christian

post-7-1097348034_thumb.png