DVB viewer PRO and recording on 2 DVBT devices

ravie

Hello,

I would like to purchase DVBViewer PRO, but want to make sure that it would suit me.

I have 2 DVBT devices (USB Aver TV Volar Nano and Terratec DVBT USB XS diversity) and want to record 2 or 3 channels from 2 multiplexes at the same time. I would prefer using one software than have separate software for each device.

I tried it at my friend's, who has DVBV Pro, but it did not work. Only the first schedule was recorded.

The DVBViewer DOES see both devices.

I thought it should work.

Would you advise, please?

Sys info: i5, Win 7 64bit, 8GB RAM.

Hi Ravie,

Try this if you can

In Options, Hardware.

Device 1. Set state to (Normal).

Device 2. Set state to (Do not use).

Before scanning for channels, set Target Root name (Example: USB Aver). Set channel group to A.

Scan for channels.

Options,Hardware.

Device 1. Set state to (Do not use)

Device 2.Set state to (Normal).

Before scanning for channels, Set Target root name (Example: USB Terra). Set channel group to B.

Scan for channels.

Options,Hardware. Device 1. Set state to normal (Both Devices set state to normal)

Your channel list should now have 2 Channel lists, one list uses USB Aver and the other USB Terra.

Hope this helps.

Your channel list should now have 2 Channel lists, one list uses USB Aver and the other USB Terra.

Please don't follow ak2010's suggestion. Trying something like this with DVBViewer doesn't make any sense and may cause additional issues.

Added supporttool output.
DVBViewer Version: 3.9.4.0

Such ancient DVBViewer versions are not supported anymore. 3.9.4 was released when my grandfather was young :)

Hi Griga,

I think Ravie is trying to use 2 USB Sticks like a Twin tuner card, so he can record BBC1 for example which is on one frequency and watch or record another channel ITV1 for example which is on different frequency which you can only do with a twin tuner card.

Hi Ravie,

What i forgot to mention is that every channel in group B or every channel in the USB Terra list should be renamed.

For example: ITV1 change to ITV1(B),BBC1 change to BBC1(B) and so on,

What i would do first is disable (Tune last channel on start) in options TV+Radio until the channels are renamed and delete unwanted channels,this also applies to my first post.

Try the Trial version which is the latest version.

Should (might) work.

Hello,

thanks for advices.

We installed newer version of DVBViewer, and Windows media center. Scanned for some channels in WMC. Since installing Windows media center, we cannot find ANY channels with DVBViewer and with the Aver USB stick we could not find any channels at all in any program (Aver Media center, DVBdream). With Terratec, we are still able to successfully scan our DVB-T channels in Terratec Home cinema.

After disabling WMC, no change.

Absolutely NO idea what happened. Does anyone have a clue?

Ravie.

1. Are both devices recognised by DVBViewer

2. All the necessary codecs are installed.

3. Both the devices have the latest drivers

4. Make sure the right frequencies are being scanned.

5. DVBViewer uses transponders in C:\Program Data\CMUV\DVBViewer\Transponders. The transponders in C:\Program Files(x86)\DVBViewer can be deleted or used as backups

1. Are both devices recognised by DVBViewer

2. All the necessary codecs are installed.

3. Both the devices have the latest drivers

4. Make sure the right frequencies are being scanned.

5. DVBViewer uses transponders in C:\Program Data\CMUV\DVBViewer\Transponders. The transponders in C:\Program Files(x86)\DVBViewer can be deleted or used as backups

ak2010,

1. yes

2. what are the necessary codecs? I am using Cyberlink PowerDVD 10, plus I am able to play any movie (VLC player, BSPlayer, ...). Should be enough, I suppose.

3. Yes

4. Scanned ALL frequencies

5. Did not use (see 4).

Even when I tried to import my .ini file (exported yesterday), there is no A/V to watch/record.

Still do not understand.

Anyway, thank you for your effort!

Yes. Cyberlink for video and ac3 for audio is what i use.

Just as an example i am in the UK and the frequencies in the default transponders DVBT all end in 000 (481.000) but when i scan 481000 it finds no channels but if i edit the frequency

to 481.833 it finds all channels on that frequency.

So if your frequencies are anything like ours none of the default ini frequencies will find any channels. I have to edit my Terrestrial frequencies.

Also make sure you have the right settings in scanner. Reception type =Terrestrial,Name your target root (Channel list) and the right frequencies (Edit if necessary)

If that fails try a blind scan with TransEdit you can download it from the members area.

Yes. Cyberlink for video and ac3 for audio is what i use.

Just as an example i am in the UK and the frequencies in the default transponders DVBT all end in 000 (481.000) but when i scan 481000 it finds no channels but if i edit the frequency

to 481.833 it finds all channels on that frequency.

So if your frequencies are anything like ours none of the default ini frequencies will find any channels. I have to edit my Terrestrial frequencies.

Also make sure you have the right settings in scanner. Reception type =Terrestrial,Name your target root (Channel list) and the right frequencies (Edit if necessary)

If that fails try a blind scan with TransEdit you can download it from the members area.

ak2010,

thank you once again. However, something is still wrong. We tried transedit, and are able to tune the channels, but NOT in DVBViewer (maybe some setting, we will compare the values in DVBV and Transedit and try to figure it out).

OK.

Just one more thing to try, are you able to preview the channels in transedit.

Make sure the DVB Source filter is registered and has high merit. you can change the filter merit

with the Radlight Filter Manager also in the members area.

ak2010,

thank you once again. However, something is still wrong. We tried transedit, and are able to tune the channels, but NOT in DVBViewer (maybe some setting, we will compare the values in DVBV and Transedit and try to figure it out).

You should be abled to export the scanresult/channellist from transedit to DVBViewer. The transedit instructions says "Interesting findings can be selected and directly exported to the DVBViewer's channellist". Instructions can be found in the TransEdit_ReadMe.rtf which comes with the transedit files.

Hello ak2010 and majstang,

thank you for the suggestions.

Update:

1) I was able to preview in TransEdit

2) I was able to export it to DVBV

3) I was unable to watch it in DVBV - the error is - will try to translate - Cannot load source filter: error 0x80004002 unknown interface. Using Cyberlink when possible, or Nero, or ffdshow. I tried using other codecs, but few combinations did not help.

Do you have any suggestions at this moment? Is it possible to distinguish where exactly to find the issue?

Thank you a lot.

Ravie

Hello ak2010 and majstang,

thank you for the suggestions.

Update:

1) I was able to preview in TransEdit

2) I was able to export it to DVBV

3) I was unable to watch it in DVBV - the error is - will try to translate - Cannot load source filter: error 0x80004002 unknown interface. Using Cyberlink when possible, or Nero, or ffdshow. I tried using other codecs, but few combinations did not help.

Do you have any suggestions at this moment? Is it possible to distinguish where exactly to find the issue?

Thank you a lot.

Ravie

Well, you cant expect getting support when using such an old DVBViewer version. Maybe the version you have is pirated, why else bother with it? Try the demoversion instead and remove all unnecessary codecs or codcpacks and make sure it works with the microsoft DTV-DVD codec (to start with). Use the EVR renderer since having Win7 64-bit OS according to support.zip.

Demoversion can be found here:

http://www.DVBViewer.com/en/index.php?page=downloads

Well, you cant expect getting support when using such an old DVBViewer version. Maybe the version you have is pirated, why else bother with it? Try the demoversion instead and remove all unnecessary codecs or codcpacks and make sure it works with the microsoft DTV-DVD codec (to start with). Use the EVR renderer since having Win7 64-bit OS according to support.zip.

Demoversion can be found here:

http://www.DVBViewer.com/en/index.php?page=downloads

We are not using that old one anymore. I just did not post any newer support outupt. As I wrote, I was trying it with my friend, he was using that old one because he did not bother with updating :D. Now its 4.8.1. I would have to try the demo anyway, as I am going to buy my own DVBV Pro - I just needed to make sure that I would be able to record two channels simmultaneously (with 2 USB tuners) and did not expect such trouble :-o

And, anyway, I can suppose that on my system it may behave differently.

So, the question is, is DVBV Pro supposed to be able to RECORD more channels at the same time when having more DVBT tuners?

Thanks again!

Ravie

Edited by ravie

I have 3 tuners in 2 physical devices and can record from all simultaneously. This is using the Recording Service add-on with devices disabled in DVBViewer Pro.

You can test your setup using the demo version.

Yes you can record two channels at the same time,more than two actually.

If your using one tuner (Terrestrial) you can record all of the channels that are on the same multiplex(Frequency) and flick between those channels but you can't switch to another frequency.

The same applies to one satellite tuner.

That's why there is twin tuner or quad tuner cards available so you are able to record on one frequency on one tuner and switch to another frequency that uses other tuner.

I don,t think you would have any problem if you were using a twin tuner card.But two usb sticks i don't know.

Try one stick at a time,remove the other.(Maybe you have tried that already)

Use different usb ports.One at the front of pc and one at the back.Try and get DVBV working on one tuner first and then add the other.Maybe that will work.

DVBViewer is excellent if you can get it working.

I have 3 tuners in 2 physical devices and can record from all simultaneously. This is using the Recording Service add-on with devices disabled in DVBViewer Pro.

You can test your setup using the demo version.

QBox, thanks. However, with the demo version, there is a limitation that it would not record. How can I try then?

I will buy it anyway, and we'll see.

I will post my results afterwards :)

Hello,

I think, like Griga stated, more than one channel list makes no sense. DVBViewer Pro selects the device it uses by itself. I have tested DVBViewer Pro with 2 Single DVB-T Sticks, 1 Diversity Stick and a Sat-Receiver Box and it worked well with one channel list.

DVBViewer Pro needs one Device per Transportstream. If there are more than one Programs on the same Transportstream DVBViewer Pro can record them with one DVB-T Stick.

You have to make only one Hardware-Scan and only one Channel-Scan. From the one channel-list you can choose the channel you want to watch. If DVBViewer Pro is recording on the active device from another transportstream, it changes automatically to another DVB-T Stick. In the recording planer you can see, if the is a conflict, that means if there is no recording device available. In this case this recording is marked red in the recording planner.

Many greetings

Webturtle

Hello,

I think, like Griga stated, more than one channel list makes no sense. DVBViewer Pro selects the device it uses by itself. I have tested DVBViewer Pro with 2 Single DVB-T Sticks, 1 Diversity Stick and a Sat-Receiver Box and it worked well with one channel list.

DVBViewer Pro needs one Device per Transportstream. If there are more than one Programs on the same Transportstream DVBViewer Pro can record them with one DVB-T Stick.

You have to make only one Hardware-Scan and only one Channel-Scan. From the one channel-list you can choose the channel you want to watch. If DVBViewer Pro is recording on the active device from another transportstream, it changes automatically to another DVB-T Stick. In the recording planer you can see, if the is a conflict, that means if there is no recording device available. In this case this recording is marked red in the recording planner.

Many greetings

Webturtle

Great, thank you. Now I understand perfectly :)

So,

I bought DVBV Pro (4.9).

I installed it and tried searching using DVBV. Found all necessary channels, everything works.

As one of my 2 USB DVBT sticks has died, cannot test simultanneous recording. Going to buy a new one, will post as soon as I get it.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Ravie.

Hello ravie,

you should not buy two sticks of the same type or ask the support, if the driver supports more than one receiver of the same type. Some drivers have problems if you use more than one receiver of the same type. I had two Terratec Sticks: Cinergy T- Stick and Cinergy T-Stick mark 2 and couldn't install the mark 2 stick, because the setup said this stick would have been installed already.

I have found that from MSI DigiVox mini or MSI DigiVOX Diversity sticks can be used more than one at the same time. And these Sticks are not so expensive. I found them for 15.00 Euro (MSI DigiVox Mini, Single Receiver) and 25,00 Euro (Diversity - Twin-Receiver) per stick.:)

Many Greetings :bye:

Webturtle

Hello ravie,

you should not buy two sticks of the same type or ask the support, if the driver supports more than one receiver of the same type. Some drivers have problems if you use more than one receiver of the same type. I had two Terratec Sticks: Cinergy T- Stick and Cinergy T-Stick mark 2 and couldn't install the mark 2 stick, because the setup said this stick would have been installed already.

I have found that from MSI DigiVox mini or MSI DigiVOX Diversity sticks can be used more than one at the same time. And these Sticks are not so expensive. I found them for 15.00 Euro (MSI DigiVox Mini, Single Receiver) and 25,00 Euro (Diversity - Twin-Receiver) per stick.:)

Many Greetings :bye:

Webturtle

Webturtle,

good idea. I have already ordered some noname (lifeview) stick to add to my Terratec. This should work, but it was great from you to mention this.

Thanks!

Ravie

one of my 2 USB DVBT sticks has died

I thought I'd lost one a couple of months ago, and bought a replacement, but was able to bring the old one back to life just by re-installing the drivers. May be worth a shot.

I thought I'd lost one a couple of months ago, and bought a replacement, but was able to bring the old one back to life just by re-installing the drivers. May be worth a shot.

Did not work. I returned it to the shop anyway :)

Thank you!