Scheduler not working

ravie

Hello again :),

I have some trouble with Task Scheduler (the newest one, plus DVBV 4.9). When I set a task, it is generated, but not executed.

According to the manual, I did in my Windows 7 this:

Windows XP Pro / Vista: Go to Start/ Control Panel/ Administrative Tools/ Local

Security Policy/ Local Policies/ Security options. In the right hand pane (third down) you'll

find: 'Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only'.

Disable it.

We do not use passwords at home :).

But no change - when DVBV is not running, the recording does not occur. Would you advise, please?

Thanks a lot!

Ravie.

Edited by ravie

Recording Service would be the way to go here. RS recording timers wakes up the PC and records the show without the need to have DVBViewer started.

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Recording_Service_Installation_Guide

Hello, majstang,

trying, but a few questions:

I am using only one PC. When setting the Unicast network device, if I use my normal IP Address, does it update when I get a new one (once each two months)? So far, I tried 127.0.0.1, but no luck:

1) what server port should I use? Is this up to me?

2) when using 2 devices, should they have different port number?

3) Recording service - what username and password shall I use, when we do not use any password protection?

4) do I have to have the WebServer option checked (active)?

Thanks!

Ravie

Hello, majstang,

trying, but a few questions:

I am using only one PC. When setting the Unicast network device, if I use my normal IP Address, does it update when I get a new one (once each two months)? So far, I tried 127.0.0.1, but no luck:

1) what server port should I use? Is this up to me?

2) when using 2 devices, should they have different port number?

3) Recording service - what username and password shall I use, when we do not use any password protection?

4) do I have to have the WebServer option checked (active)?

Thanks!

Ravie

First disable your normal tuners in DVBViewer-->Options-->hardware

I suppose you already have created the Unicast device.

No, don't use your public IP adress for the Unicast device, but the local network adress such as 127.0.0.1 or commonly for example 192.168.0.1. I use the later in both the DVB Control Server and Unicast if the client (DVBViewer) and recording service (the server) is installed on the same computer. Choose automatic in "Interface" box. Make sure to discover the server in the Autodiscover Serverlist box. Your server name should popup here.

Doubleclick on your servername-->click OK-->OK again-->close DVBViewer-->restart DVBViewer. When DVBViewer has started and you are abled to tune in a channel, streaming is now working between RS and DVBViewer client.

1) Use the default ports. 4022 for the DVB Control Server and 3456 for the Unicast Device.

2) No. Both Unicast devices will connect through the same port.

3) It's highly recommended to use a password. Otherwise you will open up your PC for attacks from I-net. There's a possibillity to assign local network adresses for local clients (other computers in your homenetwork) that won't need password for accessing the Recording Service. See details here: http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/19629-recordingservice-beta/page__view__findpost__p__306260

4)Yes.

Edited by majstang

Majstang,

great, thanks :). I have set it to 127.0.0.1. Works well, however I am not sure about

"It's highly recommended to use a password. Otherwise you will open up your PC for attacks from I-net". I use the DVBViewer only on my local PC, which is connected to the Internet through a cable modem of my provider.

When I use 127.0.0.1, is not using a password also risky? If so, would you please be more certain about the settings? In that post, there was too much information :)

Thank you very much.

Ravie

I use the DVBViewer only on my local PC, which is connected to the Internet through a cable modem of my provider.

When I use 127.0.0.1, is not using a password also risky? If so, would you please be more certain about the settings? In that post, there was too much information :)

Thank you very much.

Ravie

The 127.0.0.1 is just an internal/local IP adress Windows and the Unicast device uses, it's not public and can't be reached from the i-net. This internal traffic (streaming) between DVBViewer and RS doesn't use any passwords. The Recording Service Webinterface on the other hand is a webserver which can be reached from i-net through your public IP adress, that is why you should always use a password for the webinterface, cuz you wouldn't wanna have intruders snooping around. In your case a good firewall would also be recommended.

The linked information above does apply to you still. You put the 127.0.0.1 IP adress in the allowed IP list in svcuserdata.xml. Then you would be abled to access the webinterface without having to write your password every time.

Edited by majstang

You put the 127.0.0.1 IP adress in the allowed IP list in svcuserdata.xml.

Thank you once again, majstang.

However, I am not sure how to add the IP to that file. Am I supposed to enter it manually or via RS config? In RS config, there is only "restricted IPs" in the Web/UPnP setting - should be 127.0.0.1 entered here, is it just a wrong translation (I am using Czech version)?

Ravie

Thank you once again, majstang.

However, I am not sure how to add the IP to that file. Am I supposed to enter it manually or via RS config? In RS config, there is only "restricted IPs" in the Web/UPnP setting - should be 127.0.0.1 entered here, is it just a wrong translation (I am using Czech version)?

Ravie

Add: Tweak: You can create a list of IPs, which don't need to authenticate to the web server. This avoids the annoying Username/Password input if you use the iPod/Ipad/iPhone in the local WLAN.

Be warned: this function poses a potential security risk if used wrongly or with an unprotected WLAN. Use it at your own risk.

To activate this function stop the Recording Service and add the following changes to the file [configuration folder] \config\svcuserdata.xml:

<section name="TrustedDevices">

<entry name="0">192.168.178.3</entry>

<entry name="1">192.168.178.5</entry>

</section>

Of course you need to adjust the IPs to your system and you can extend the list by adding more entries following the scheme.

No, it's a tweak...meaning you have to enter it maunally. Locate the configurationfolder for RS:

DVBViewer-->Options-->Click on the link Configuration Folder-->click config folder-->here you have svcuserdata.xml

Before open it in a texteditor stop Recording Service (rightclick RS icon in systray and stop RS)

Bring up svcuserdata.xml in the text editor and add all tags according to the instructions in the quote.

Edit entry name 0 by exchanging the IP to 127.0.0.1

Delete entry name 1 tag.

Save the xml and restart RS. Now you should be abled to enter the webinterface without typing your username/password.

Hello ravie,

I think you meant using the normal DVBViewer Pro with Taskplaner. Tasks are only performed, if DVBViever is running. You should look in the members area of DVBViewer for DVBViewer Scheduler. This Tools creats from your recordingplaner windows task automatically, which start the DVBViewer Pro software, so that it can start the recording. In the readme file you can find, what is to do, if you don't use a windows password.

With my computer DVBViewer Scheduler works without using a windows password.

Many greetings

Webturtle

Hello ravie,

I think you meant using the normal DVBViewer Pro with Taskplaner. Tasks are only performed, if DVBViever is running. You should look in the members area of DVBViewer for DVBViewer Scheduler. This Tools creats from your recordingplaner windows task automatically, which start the DVBViewer Pro software, so that it can start the recording. In the readme file you can find, what is to do, if you don't use a windows password.

With my computer DVBViewer Scheduler works without using a windows password.

Many greetings

Webturtle

Hello Webturtle,

I was trying Scheduler several times, but the scheduled tasks were never executed. That is why I started using Recording service. It is difficult to set up - for a common user - but works like a charm :)

Ravie