No AC3 Sound for HD channels

esperado

I have AC3 filter installed (all this config is so confusing, complicated, bad translated). Evething is OK, but no sound in AC3.

Running seven, with a Realtek audio card.

Please help

regards,

christophe.

Are you using France-TNT? I understand some HD channels use E-AC3 (Dolby Digital Plus). If you record a section and submit it to Mediainfo, this may be confirmed.

I don't believe AC3filter will decode E-AC3. Some versions of FFmpeg may work. A search might find more options.

Are you using France-TNT? I understand some HD channels use E-AC3 (Dolby Digital Plus). If you record a section and submit it to Mediainfo, this may be confirmed.

I don't believe AC3filter will decode E-AC3. Some versions of FFmpeg may work. A search might find more options.

Thank-you for your answer and your help.

Yes, France-TNT. And yes, i believe it is E-AC3.

I do not understand why all that has to be so complicated, all those formats, codecs, renderers (we are in 2011, after all), and realy don't want to play again with this owfull and stupid FfdShow !

I run Seven Ultimate, expensive enough. Why did Windows do not provide all necessary filters and Dbviewer use-it ?

Or why DVBViewer do not provide his own filters and make-it simple ?

Edited by esperado

Thank-you for your answer and your help.

Yes, France-TNT. And yes, i believe it is E-AC3.

I do not understand why all that has to be so complicated, all those formats, codecs, renderers (we are in 2011, after all), and realy don't want to play again with this owfull and stupid FfdShow !

I run Seven Ultimate, expensive enough. Why did Windows do not provide all necessary filters and Dbviewer use-it ?

I dont know, but i think the answer will be: How could the DVBViewer folks cope with everything in the world?

I dont know, but i think the answer will be: How could the DVBViewer folks cope with everything in the world?

They have to, on mypoint of view.

In this example, France is a 70000000 people country. Lot of customers, i imagine, and they can help as following.

I finally had addressed the problem. Just installing an choosing FFDshow (thanks for your help). Why to insist on Elecard or AC3filter, while FFDShow decode quite everything ?

So:

if $country=="France"{

execute FFDdshow.exe

}else{

}

That is the second time i buy DVBVewer (did-it to help the devs), and each time, i had the same kind of problem. Too bad, it is such a good soft !

Edited by esperado
Why did Windows do not provide all necessary filters and Dbviewer use-it ?

The Dolby licence conditions are quite restrictive. See here:

Note: The Microsoft implementation of the Dolby Digital technology is restricted under terms of the Dolby Digital licensing program to use by Microsoft applications.

In this case all DVBViewer users would have to pay (again) licence fees for things they already have, they already have paid, they possibly don't need or they can get for free. And that's quite a lot (MPEG2, H.264, AC3, E-AC3, AAC, DTS...). It would make DVBViewer much more expensive. Usually the necessary decoders are provided by the DVB hardware vendors resp. the enclosed software (as for STBs resp. receivers). E.g. DVB-T hardware for the French market should come with an E-AC3 decoder, since it is useless without it.

Did-you mean FfdShow (free) is illegal ?

Open source decoders are not allowed, but until now they are tolerated by licensors like MPEG LA or Dolby. However, if you would try to make money by providing or selling them without a licence, you would get into trouble...