A few usability improvemnts for the channel list

pankov

HI

I'm using DVBViewer on my PC which also acts as a HTPC so I use both the normal window and the OSD channel lists and I missing a couple of small usability improvemtns:

1. For the channel list window (shortcut "K")

a) add a short cut for focusing the search field - for example "Ctrl+F". Pressing it twice should automatically select the whole text - just as it's working in Firefox

B) when I'm at the end of the text in the search field pressing "Down arrow" should jump to the list and continue moving down through the list of channels matching the search criteria. Pressing "Up arrow" should move up in the list until it reaches the top item and then jump back to the search box. As an alternative the search field could maintain the focus but pressing "Enter" in it should tune to the selected channel as it does now but when the focus is in the list

c) add a button [x] (or similar "X" like) on the right of the search filed which should clear it's contents. Currently when the users wants to clear the list he has to manually delete all the text entered in the search filed ... and it can't be easily done using the mouse.

d) add an option to automatically clear the search field (show the full list) each time the window is closed or when it's opened next time

2. For the OSD channel list

a) add an option in the settings (or in the context menu but stored in the configuration xml file) to show the channel numbers

B) add an option in the context menu (blue button or F8) to sort the list alphabetically - I've seen this on a couple of new TVs and I think it's very convenient when searching for a channel when you don't remember the number

c) add a window to search for a channel using the on-screen keyboard. again could be placed as an item in the context menu

d) add a button (or add it as a legend) to jump between the left part (the list of channels), the center part (the actions) and right part (the favourites) in the "Manage Favorouties" OSD window.

I hope you'll like my ideas and make DVBViewer an even better application

Edited by pankov

Gioxy,

10x for the info - it's very useful, but you'll have to agree that it's not intuitive at all and it'll be better if there is small clickable button either next to the search field or inside as it's with Mozilla Thunderbird for example

---

tbsearch1.png

---

tbsearch2.png

---