TransEdit fails to initialise DVB device

Tripitaka

As the title says, when I try to channel scan with TE I keep getting a pop up which states: 'Initializing the DVB device has failed, perform hardware detection on setting>hardware'

My TV card is listed in settings>hardware but when I try to detect the hardware in settings>hardware the save button is dull until I press detect then it lights up but when I press save nothing seems to happen, so if I try to channel scan after this procedure I get the same pop up, ''Initializing the DVB... has failed...'

I have been using DVBViewer for a couple of years without any problems when updating, this problem only occured after installing the newest version yesterday. I can use the channel scan built into DVBViewer but it does not find all of the HD channels.

Device manager finds the TVcard and reports it as being ok.

I have attached the support.zip support.zip

and the TEini TransEdit.zip

As far as I know these are the other details you want, excuse me if they are not correct:

Windows7 (home) OS 64bit

TVCard: Hauppauge Win TV Nova HD S2 driver version 2.124.27191.1

Gcard: Nvidia GEForce GTS 450 driver version 8.17.12.6089

MB: Asus P7P55LX

Chipset Intel P55 Revision 645.05

Hope you can help.... :bye:

It's due to a bug in the Microsoft Network Provider component under Windows 7. Launch TransEdit once with admin rights and let it access the device. After this it will work without admin rights.

The next version will provide a work-around for this issue.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...