TransEdit Suggestion

Two suggestions for TransEdit:

On my setup, ‘Help’ is greyed out despite files TransEdit.chm and TransEditHelp.ini being in the same directory as TransEdit.exe. If another step is required in order to fix this, could some guidance on this be provided in the TransEdit notes.

Also, could TransEdit Help include a reminder that pressing F1 will provide info on the current item.

Thanks

Cheers

Edited by robbie2
On my setup, ‘Help’ is greyed out despite files TransEdit.chm and TransEditHelp.ini being in the same directory as TransEdit.exe.

It's a bug. Will be fixed. Thanks for the report.

Also, could TransEdit Help include a reminder that pressing F1 will provide info on the current item.

How?

It's a bug. Will be fixed. Thanks for the report.

How?

Thanks for the reply.

Forget the second item - I originally thought F1 it was going to individual items, but I now see that F1 simply loads the manual. Sorry.

One other minor point, I notice that TransEdit treats frequency 11126.5 (on Astra 1N) as 11126, whereas I would have expected it to be rounded up to 11127 (as it is usually quoted).

I don’t know whether rounding is something that you would want to review for future versions of TransEdit.

Cheers

I notice that TransEdit treats frequency 11126.5 (on Astra 1N) as 11126

The Delphi runtime library is doing it this way (the StringToFloat and Round function), dunno why... I would rather support floating point satellite frequencies, because SCPC (Single Channel Per Carrier) transponders often require more exact tuning, and the BDA interface expects the frequency as kHz, so 11126 MHz must be converted to 11126000 kHz anyway.

However, it would cause some compatibility issues. Particularly the export formats (dictated by DVBViewer) are requiring MHz integer values...

• 3 months later...

Hi!!!

How to make sorting in heading "Description" on decrease/increase to number. It seems doesn't work

for example

te.jpg

In other headings the sorting it works

Edited by Antonio

The description column is sorted alphabetically, not numerically, because it is supposed to contain text information. If you want it to be sorted by db values, you must enter them in the following way:

09.4 db

07.7 db

13.9 db

etc. Make sure that each value has two digits before the decimal point.

OK. My *.ini files is generated after BLScan utility search. (BLScan.exe V.1.1.0.912)

It is a lot of correcting work now. :(

But all the same thanks for the answer. :)