Advice On Best PC Card for DVBV & Motorised Dish

jorrell

HI, Im fairly new to the forums, but Id really like some advice. I currently have a 1m Motorised dish with a Technomate HD5402 Reciever, but Now require to use this onb my PC for recordings as most STB's save recordings on FAT32 Flash/External drives which causes no end of problems with the subsequent output files! Im looking at the possibilty of using a SKYSTAR 2 HD PCI card, but Ive been reading some of the posts on here and it seems as though there are problems trying to change channels from one sat to another using DVBViewer. I believe using transedit u can set the positioner console to USALS using your Long/Lat, but once in DVBViewer, you cannot change satellites from with the application. Is this Confirmed?

[removed]

I really need a card that will work alongside DVBViewer and power the motor using USALS to change orbital positions?

Can anyone reccomend a good PCI/PCI-E card that will do the job? Or am i stuck with having to exit DVB and go back to transedit in order to move the dish to another sat?

Also, I believe there are some cards that struggle with power levels when it comes to moving a motor? Shud I stick with a PCI-E card that provides extra external power from the MB 6 PIn connector to move the dish?

I would really appreciate some help before I go and purchase the wrong card!

Thank you In advance

SYSTEM: Win 7 x64, 16GB RAM, Phenom II X6 1090T ATI 5770 GPU. 4x 2TB Seagate Barracuda's.

SAT SYSTEM: Technomate 5402HD 1M Triax Dish. Black MOTOR Using USALS

§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combination with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "conditional access module" (CAM)and/or the corresponding "common interface" (CI) with a smart-card. This applies regardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras§ion=boardrules

There is no "SKYSTAR 2 HD"

SkyStar 2 >>rather>> TechniSat (DVB-S)

SkyStar HD >>rather>> Technotrend S2-3200 (DVB-S2)

SkyStar HD2 >>rather>> Twinhan SP400 (DVB-S2)

SkyStar S2 >>rather>> TechniSat (DVB-S2)

Hello jorrell !

I'm using 2 "Hauppauge WinTV NOVA HD S2" cards here since 2 years.

One with DiSEqC-switches for 4 SAT-positiones and the other one

with a "STAB HH 100" Rotor incl. USALS. They are both running well.

I did use div. Technisat cards but I'm not in love with them any longer,

if you know what I mean. Never the less, other mothers have nice daughters too.

Use TrasEdit for scanning all you want to receive and copy it to the DVBViewer.

That's it. If you are receiving "Red Button" stations you can buy a "MHEG 5 Engine"

addition here in the customer area ( 5.00€ ).

Whenever you're having a problem just ask.

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Yours faithfully

Gofler

P.S. Sorry for my bad english

All DVB-S card can do the job....

But some of them are better in term of output current and safety in case of overload: High output current with IC temperature and short circuit protection.

That's likely why some tuners manufacturers don't announce any support of such feature...especialy Technisat wich is rather shy about it...

Very often, no DisecQ 1.2 spec are announced....Does that mean they are not confident in such working situation?

If the manufacrurer is not willing to include DisecQ 1.2 in its spec, I would keep away buying the tuner.

For instance, I have found in the Anysee E7 S2 clear motor dish support with USALS and 900mA output current. That's pretty reassuring...

Edited by trifon33
All DVB-S card can do the job....

Some don't provide an DiSEqC 1.2 interface.

especialy Technisat wich is rather shy about it... Very often, no DisecQ 1.2 spec are announced....Does that mean they are not confident in such working situation?

SkyStar 2 and SkyStar S2 are definitely not suitable for driving a motor, due to a poor power supply and missing current limiting - the card and even the mainboard may get damaged. That's why DVBViewer blocks DiSEqC 1.2 commands for these devices (desired by TechniSat). SkyStar HD2, SkyStar USB HD (up to 400 mA power consumption) and SkyStar 2 eXpress HD are capable of DiSEqC 1.2. However, IMO the DiSEqC implementation in the TechniSat drivers is not really convincing.

Generally I would prefer PCI/PCIe to USB. There are several other cards with DiSEqC 1.2 support (TechnoTrend S2 3200, Hauppauge Nova S2 HD, far-east products like TBS...). With an additional power connector (as provided here using the floppy connector) you are on the safe side in any case.

• 2 weeks later...

Anysee tuners are USB but the powersupply is either external or connected to the 12V PC Powersupply(E7 PS2 for instance)...

That's why they can announce 900mA max to dish motor.

• 1 month later...