Great signal strength but no channels found

lruneh

Hi all

I've recently installed DVBViewer pro on my win7 x64 system.

I have a cinergy dvb-c pci card for tuner.

When I scan for channels, DVBViewer shows a strong signal, but it finds no channels.

I had the demo installed, which found the channels alright, but after installing the pro version, I get no channels. Any help? It would be much appriciated.

Best regards and thanks

Lasse Hansen

Denmark

Which frequency file are you using to scan? I don't know what the correct one is for cable, but this post might help:

Cable Denmark

There's a .ini file attached which may be suitable. I've seen another link that mentions 6875 for symbol rate rather than 6900.

I'm using the yousee cable transponder list. That's th one the worked initially. I know I need to search with the following settings: network id 100, qam64, symbol rate 6875.

I've tried the file you suggested, just for good measure, but no good...

Could it be tht i have a strong but distorted signal?

Cable is new to me, but there are other posts on the forum that might help.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/42594-frequencies-without-patpmtsdt/

The last post suggests that the Network Information Table is sent on only one transponder - the first? Posts on other forums suggest you may need to scan 143000 kHz to get updated information.

I guess that your network will only use some of the 106 possible transponders listed in the file. Use TransEdit "Analyse" function on 143000 and "Update" if it seems to contain a NIT.

Otherwise, I would suggest retrieving the transponder file you used to scan the Demo version. Copy that to the DVBViewer Transponder folder and scan.

This very useful document provides technical information on the Yousee system

The Rules of Operation for YouSee Digital Cable TV Networks in Denmark

From section 7:

As the total network topology can be extracted from the Homing channel, fast CPE channel search

and installation can be achieved. The CPE only needs the below listed figures to perform the

complete channel installation without tuning to other QAM channels. 5 NIT other tables each

designated different groups of CPE equipment are broadcasted in the network:

Homing channel tuning parameters:

1. QAM Frequency, default value: 143.000 MHz

2. Symbol rate, default value: 6,8750 MS/s

3. Modulation: default value: QAM64

QAM256 is also used in the system, so the list may be out of date. An update on the homing channel might adjust it.

Frequency range: 110 to 862 MHz, from Q1 2011 extended to 1002 MHz

The system can't have more than 80 streams, so the 106 frequencies won't all be in use. It's possible some are carrying analogue services, so you would see a signal but wouldn't be able to detect DVB services.

If all else fails, perhaps it's worth trying a full uninstall/reinstall? It's just possible that something went wrong with the original installation.

Hi SimonP

Been there, done that - several times :rolleyes:

Could this be a decoding problem? My provider, Yousee Denmark, recently changed to mpeg-4. I only see that my Terratec cinergy dvb-c pci hd card supports mpeg-2 - could this be my problem?

Would DVBViewer not be able to find any channels, if I didn't have the correct codecs installed, or if they were incorrectly configured? Or would it find them and simply not be able to show them properly?

Thanks for the help and suggestions, everybode. I really appreciate it :)

**EDIT**

To webmeher and qbox user:

Tried your suggestions, but no dice, I'm afraid.

Edited by lruneh

No Analyzer window or just "0" for Data rate and Signal Quality? Is the device detected correctly in Settings-Hardware?

Can you try the card/driver in another application? I think your system file listed Windows Media Center.

I get the analyzer window, but it doesn't find anything, so "0".

I've tried with dvbLink, which also reads a strong signal and even a good quality. It yelds the same result. I have also tried the terratec home theatre (which is awful - even when it works) and it also cannot find anything.

i'm beginning to consider a complete reinstall of windows.

it just occured to me, that just before it all stopped working, I had to install DirectX and , I think, Silverlight. Could this in anyway interfere?

Instead of reinstalling, you could restore system to when it worked. I had to do that recently when another application update messed up video playback. Save the settings from the Demo version - especially channels.dat - and compare them with the Pro settings.

Got it working now! I went through th cables to make sure they were alright. Turns out the signal was rubbish due to bad cables. Anyway / thanks a lot for trying to help. Im now enjoying this great software!

Thanks again.