some small enhancements

NeoMagic

Hello,

I would like an Auto Zoom feature, as some channels use different overscanning setups, so it wouhld be nice if DVBViewer could automatically zoom as much that the black borders are gone.

The next problem is, that the OSD also is beeing zoomed, so that the volume control is incomplete.

Greetings

Tim Köhler

...I'd like this feature too, would be excellent 4 plasma screens...

BTW, as DVBViewer has still problems with ffdshow, would be great to have a "sharpness" feature to enance great images like HD1 in 1920x1080 ;)

• 2 weeks later...

...just watched the "work in progress" features 4 the next release, and still no special features 4 plasma displays (like ones in this tread), that btw should be the real target of such DVB proggys...that's a bit sad :(

BTW, as DVBViewer has still problems with ffdshow,

Not the DVBViewer. That are problems on the filter graph level. FFDShow in raw video mode doesn't work with all decoders, sometimes depending on wether they are using hardware acceleration or not, how they communicate with the video renderer etc.

With an appropriate configuration it works - I've tried it several times successfully. However, I doubt that the FFDShow post processing features can be used with 1920 x 1080 HDTV, since they require a lot of CPU power. Furthermore FFDShow disables the decoders's hardware acceleration, so you'll probably need something like a 4 GHz PC...

Is it this what you search? :(

...yes, but that the proggy could act in real Auto way...as soon as it detect black spaces up and under a 4/3 image it zoom as in DScaler 4 ex., maybe if u know how DScaler works it'd be better :tongue:

More in detail, if DVBViewer could handle an Auto-Pan&Scan option, that would be really nice o:)

Edited by giorusso
Not the DVBViewer. That are problems on the filter graph level. FFDShow in raw video mode doesn't work with all decoders, sometimes depending on wether they are using hardware acceleration or not, how they communicate with the video renderer etc.

With an appropriate configuration it works - I've tried it several times successfully. However, I doubt that the FFDShow post processing features can be used with 1920 x 1080 HDTV, since they require a lot of CPU power. Furthermore FFDShow disables the decoders's hardware acceleration, so you'll probably need something like a 4 GHz PC...

...4 instance ProgDVB has absolutely no problem with Elecard codecs and FFdshow...of course it has other bugs and limitations...I never use post processing...most of the problems that DVBViewer and FFDshow has, are related to overlay: some images are all right (mostly regular 720x576, more and more difficult to find :( ) but other like 544x576 ect...are often compressed on one side, or unviewable (no syncro)...

Well I do a little bit OVERscan my picture and I never ran into black borders. Do You know two stations which I could try to see them??

About Elecard. I had the same problems with the elecard-video-decoder(v2.0). Thats why I'm not using it anymore. I use DVD-Express. If you enable Deinterlacing for it it's a great Decoder. (But as much as I know its not HDTV-ready).

I will soon write a little tool to switch deinterlacing on for DVD-Express. :(

Maybe its better with the latest elecard version. I don't know.

Edited by Technofriend

Also I have set the cursor-left-key to "zoom out" and the cursor right-key to "zoom in".

You sould also set those keys on the infrared remotecontrol if you like.