Advice for new iPad owner please!

frazer

Hello,

I've been investigating all the ways I can integrate my iPad with DVBViewer, and was wondering if any other users could give me some tips on how they get the most out of theirs please.

So far I have been using it with the web interface, both the normal one and the iPhone version. I think that the display limitations of the iPhone version are a shame given the extra size of the iPad, and the normal interface looks good anyway, but I haven't been able to stream video without using the iPhone version so far. Is there a way of doing this from the normal version at the moment? I would also like to be able to use the direct streaming on my local network as my HTPC has a low powered CPU, and I can do this to another PC using VLC on the client. Is there a video app you can use on the iPad to watch the direct stream option, and if so, can you get the iPad to initiate it from within the web interface, or do you have to open it separately?

I'm also wondering what the best options for using the iPad as a remote are? I've tried intelliremote a bit, but am not that convinced so far. Is Mobile Mouse a better option for use with DVBViewer? Or are there better apps around? And is there any app available (or chance of an app being developed) which would allow the iPad to be used to call up and control the OSDs whilst watching TV uninterrupted on the main screen (i.e. without the menus/ EPG displays etc appearing on the main screen)?

Thanks for any advice!

Frazer