ci of aver3d usb supported ?

buyukbang

Hi,

Currently I'm using DVBViewer Pro with Skystar USB 2 HD CI, but I'm not satisfied with Skystar USB 2 HD CI (locks up, slow zapping, some specific channels cannot be found in scan even with updated TP ini files).

I need CI functionality, I'm considering to buy Aver3D USB. Does DVBViewer PRO supports CI of Aver3D USB card?

Edited by buyukbang

What part of the "How To Post Bugs Or Problems Correctly" do you mean, could you please specify exactly? I'm not reporting a bug or problem? I don't even have a Aver3D USB at the moment, but I'll buy one if its CI is supported by DVBViewer Pro.

Note: If you are talking about the problems that I currently have with Skystar USB 2 HD CI, no I don't want to bother with this card. I just want to replace it. So I'm not interested in any support report related with Skystar USB 2 HD CI.

Hi,

Maybe it's difficult to answer your question. This item has no CI....

I own this USB dongle wich has no CI capability...unless there is one separate USB CI available now..similar to Hauppauge's one...

If you are looking for one nice USB tuner with CI, see Anysee products(DVBshop). I have been told there is now DVB-T2 version....unfortunatly quite expensive..

Edited by trifon33
  • 2 weeks later...

I would be very proud of being part of a DVB community with very helpful developers capable of providing an official answer like "YES, IT IS SUPPORTED" or "NO, IT IS NOT SUPPORTED" or "CURRENTLY WE DON'T KNOW", but for sure I'm not.

The only way that is left to me is buying and trying the card, just to learn if it is supported or not? Well, congratulations for that!!!

Aver3D (so called) has built in CI interface and CI part of this product is supported by its own software, ProgDVB and some others.

http://www.avermedia.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=544

My question was if its CI interface is supported by DVBViewer or not. Please see my first post.

Fot the phonix suggustion, unfortunately DSmart platform provides a CI module, which have a coupled card. So there is no way to use its card except its CI module. My only option to use a TV card with CI slot. I've currently Skystar USB2 CI, my module works here fine. But I'm not satisfied with the performance of the card. It is unstable and locks DVBViewer continuously. I used avermedia products in the past and know that aver products havea much better quality that any others.

Sorry buyukbang.....

I have edited my previous post....

I was fully mistaken as it's the first time Avermedia makes DVB tuner with CI...

To answer your question, I suppose DVBViewer people has to work on the SDK.

Should be coming soon....

Edited by trifon33

May be you should consider Anysee products E7 S2 fully supported by DVBViewer. The tuner is realy nice

There's been some issue with the driver, solved now with the last one.

I have experienced problems with Avermedia USB DVB-T dongle....but it's Avermedia driver wich is faulty....it mess up the other DVB devices; especialy Anysee CI feature.

Edited by trifon33