1.9.3 streaming with browsers (mobile)

jmetsako

I have question about :8089/iphone streaming. If I use iPhone web interface with my windows phone 7.5 mobile browser, everything else works nice but steaming complaints about flash. That's pretty oblivious since wp7.5 does not support flash.

Browser details from www.mybrowserinfo.com: -> Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows Phone OS 7.5; Trident/5.0; IEMobile/9.0; Nokia; Lumia 800)

Is there way to ignore browser detection with recording service? I would like to see is my phone capable to receive iPhone compliant stream.

Best regards

Jani

The iPhone streams only work for apple devices.

That's not entirely true. I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Android) phone. Version 1.9.3 works just fine, but I have downgraded to version 1.8.0.1 that gives me the possibility to stream directly to the phone without reencoding by ffmpeg. I have MX Video Player installed on the phone that can connect to a network stream. Not automatically though, one has to manually input the IP and port number. With the MX Video Player one can for instance easily adjust the screen brightness - not possible with the Flowplayer.

I would appreciate an option to reencode or stream directly in a coming version of DVBViewer Recording Service. One drawback of version 1.8.0.1 is that setting a recording doesn't work (works in version 1.9.3).

That's not entirely true. I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Android) phone. Version 1.9.3 works just fine, but I have downgraded to version 1.8.0.1 that gives me the possibility to stream directly to the phone without reencoding by ffmpeg. I have MX Video Player installed on the phone that can connect to a network stream. Not automatically though, one has to manually input the IP and port number. With the MX Video Player one can for instance easily adjust the screen brightness - not possible with the Flowplayer.

I would appreciate an option to reencode or stream directly in a coming version of DVBViewer Recording Service. One drawback of version 1.8.0.1 is that setting a recording doesn't work (works in version 1.9.3).

There is same old vlc streamer in new rec service, just klick "Old streaming method"

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...