Best Regards from Russia!!! :bye:

Anton.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Привет!

Я закончил наконец-то русский перевод, для DVBViewer GE 3.0.3.0

Пользуйтесь.

P.S.

DVBViewer GE 3.0.3.0 version has problems with Russian coding in EPG

Wrong characters are present in EPG and Info bar.

In PRO version it seems to be everywhere ok.

Now or In the future are it is planned to add multilanguage EPG?

THX.

Russian_for_GE_3_0_3.zip

Thanks for your contribution! :)

DVBViewer GE 3.0.3.0 version has problems with Russian coding in EPG

Maybe I can fix it if the character encoding is the same as the one mentioned here. A TS sample of the EIT stream (recorded with the TransEdit Analyzer including PAT, PMT and SDT) would be helpful for checking it out.

Thanks. I suppose the character translation table that already proved to handle Russian channel names in TransEdit correctly can also be used for the EPG in DVBViewer GE. Unfortunately I can't test it directly. The next release will show...

Thank you for your work on this!

Yes, in the TransEdit the table with EPG (EIT PID) is displayed correctly in Russian.

I will gladly help testing!

• 1 month later...

Griga

I really appreciate your support.

Already there is a quite good progress in Russian EPG in v.3.1.0.0

But there are lost some of capital letters in the beginning and after . "

P.S. in TransEdit everything always is correct.

epg.gif

But there are lost some of capital letters in the beginning and after

Thanks for the report. I think I have found the reason and I'll try to fix it in the final release.

Ok.

Investigation showed that are lost only 9 big Russian letters, here these:

В

И

К

Н

О

П

Т

Ш

Э

All other letters are displayed correctly

Investigation showed that are lost only 9 big Russian letters

That's exactly the number of missing capitals that I expected after examining old code that interfered with my attempts to get Russian displayed correctly :)

Anyway - I've changed the whole character translation completely now. Please try DVBViewer GE 3.1.0.1 from the members area, beta section. It first translates Russian EPG and channelname characters from ISO/IEC 8859-5 to Unicode (by using Windows codepage 28595, the file C_28595.NLS must be present in Windows\System32), and then Unicode to the ANSI system codepage for non-unicable applications (1251 in your case, RUSSIAN_CHARSET). I've tested it with a Bulgarian EPG on Astra 23.5 E, and after changing my system codepage to 1251, it looked quite good, but I couldn't read it... so you have to confirm that it's ok now.

Please note: EPG data with wrong/missing characters may still be loaded from the file epg.dat. The changes will take effect after the EPG data has been updated in DVBViewer GE.

Fine! :) Does scanning also yield the correct Russian channel names? Use a new (not yet existing) root for a test scan.

The screenshot below shows a serious drawback of this non-unicode method. It's the Bulgarian (Cyrillic) EPG with the Western European codepage ;)

This morning the idea came to my mind to provide an ASCII transliteration in this case. E.g. the channel "За здоровье TV" would be displayed as "Sa sdorowje TV". A bit crazy... but Christian Hackbart, who learned Russian in school, has already provided a transliteration of ISO/IEC 8859-5, so maybe I'll give it a try :)

Zwischenablage01.png

Does scanning also yield the correct Russian channel names?

I have just checked up it. Yes really Russian names of stations are displayed correctly in DVBViewer GE at scanning. :)

Earlier I used TransEdit for scanning to receive correct Russian symbols. Now it is possible to receive them at once in DVBViewer GE. Cool!!! :bounce:

In DVBViewer PRO versions at present it now unfortunately isn't possible. :( Only through scanning TransEdit.

the channel "За здоровье TV" would be displayed as "Sa sdorowje TV".

And it is better than anything. Some Russian channels have such translit. :D

Edited by Antonio
  • 1 year later...

Thanks for your contribution :) The next release will give you again something to do, because it will support IPTV and be able to work as SAT>IP resp. Recording Service client (same applies to TransEdit 4.0),

• 1 year later...