Anysee E7 + HD channels

qstoffe

Hi, I have a problem that I can't tune/watch HD channels with the latest Anysee E7 driver (Date: 2011-12-29, anyseeDriver, 2011.12.20,AD01062058)

SD channels tune in fine though.

I can tune/watch HD channels just fine if I revert back to the previous driver of Anysee E7 (Date: 2011-09-07, anyseeDriver, 2011.07.22,AD01061913)

Can this be a problem with DVBViewer or should I contact Anysee with this?

support.zip

Hi, I have a problem that I can't tune/watch HD channels with the latest Anysee E7 driver (Date: 2011-12-29, anyseeDriver, 2011.12.20,AD01062058)

SD channels tune in fine though.

I can tune/watch HD channels just fine if I revert back to the previous driver of Anysee E7 (Date: 2011-09-07, anyseeDriver, 2011.07.22,AD01061913)

Can this be a problem with DVBViewer or should I contact Anysee with this?

This is exactly the same problem that I have, read this. http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/48276-cant-find-any-dvb-t2-chanels/

You have to tune for chanels in win7 mediacenter first and close mediacenter, then you can tune in DVBViewer, now it will work until you reboots your computer, after reboot you must first start a T2 channel in mediacenter and shut it down again, now will it work again in DVBViewer until next reboot. I have mailed anysee about this bug.

Edited by norings
Have you executed the support tool on the PC with the Anysee device?

Hmm I'm running a client/server setup. I took the support.zip from my client computer, I guess I should've taken it from the server?

This is exactly the same problem that I have, read this. http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/48276-cant-find-any-dvb-t2-chanels/

You have to tune for chanels in win7 mediacenter first and close mediacenter, then you can tune in DVBViewer, now it will work until you reboots your computer, after reboot you must first start a T2 channel in mediacenter and shut it down again, now will it work again in DVBViewer until next reboot. I have mailed anysee about this bug.

Thanks for letting me know. It's good that you mailed Anysee about the bug. The workaround will not work for me so I guess I will have to wait until they release a new driver.

Thanks for letting me know. It's good that you mailed Anysee about the bug. The workaround will not work for me so I guess I will have to wait until they release a new driver.

Mail anysee you to so they understand that they have a bug in the latest driver

• 1 month later...

There is still the same problem with the latest driver dated 2012-03-09 from anysee.

Damn. I was just about to donwload the new driver when I read your comment. I've mailed them a month ago about the problem. They never responded so I left it at that. Did they reply to you? I guess I will have to try and contact them again.

Damn. I was just about to donwload the new driver when I read your comment. I've mailed them a month ago about the problem. They never responded so I left it at that. Did they reply to you? I guess I will have to try and contact them again.

Here is anysee answer: Hi

I couldn't figure out how I fix this problem with only email. it's pretty rare problem. I'd better face to see the proble.

if you're okay, can I access your pc with teamviewer? if you're ready, let me know.

Thank you

Best regards

Tom

--------

Keep on mailing anysee so they must understand that we are many users that have this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the latest mail from anyssee:

------------------

Hi

Well.. I don't have live swedish stream in my side. that's why I can't test.

forum comments are not helping to get a solution. because I need to find where it has a problem now first.

kindly understand limited testing situation. no testing no solution.

Sorry about this

Best regards

Tom

--------------

It seems like if you dont let them remotecontrol your computer from korea they dont are intresseted to do anything so its is very important that everybody with this problem sends mail to anysee.

Edited by norings

New replay from anysee:

-----------------------

Hi

We asked to DVBViewer and dvblink before but we didn't get a reply yet. I wonder why they didn't give us reply.

they should coperate this together.

anyhow, kindly refer to new driver early march.for your reference.

---------------------------------

Why is not DVBViewer makers interested to help out in this case?????

Hu? First: We (resp. I) did not got any email requests from Anysee since the time, when we started to implement the CI support.

@norings: I think "Why is not DVBViewer makers interested to help out in this case?????" is the result you seem to have after nagging them via email.

To clearify something out: It is pretty unlikely that we are the reason for any problem, since almost all other adapters run fine and older drivers also ran "nicely" together with the DVBViewer. I will drop one of my contact person a line, in response to this thread.

Anyway "It is not a problem of the DVBViewer". These kind of unrefined findings are making me mad all the time i have to hear or read them :tongue:

Christian

There was a similar problem with the Anysee PS2 CI some time ago (beginning with driver 04.2011). Everything ok when launching DVBViewer for the first time after re-boot, but no signal after closing and re-launching DVBViewer. Only re-booting the PC or deactivating/activating the LNB power off function in the Anysee CNO tool made it work again:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/46886-anysee-ps2-ci/page__view__findpost__p__345483

So after checking this and that I reported the problem to Anysee, and they provided a new driver version for testing that solved the problem. Finally (in February 2012) Dan455 reported that the problem is fixed in the latest official Anysee driver.

Now I wonder what's the matter with these Nothingsee :) devices again. DVB-T2 is affected. At least in one case. Unfortunately the report above concerning HDTV is not very precise. Does it depend on HD/SD playback or DVB-S/S2? Are all DVB-S2 transponders affected? Only some of them? Under which conditions? Does it only occur in certain systems / on certain PCs / with certain transponders / broadcasters or is it a general problem? Is it CI-related? There are no reports from other users about this issue. I'm quite sure Dan455 would have reported problems with DVB-S2 transponders if there were any.

To Griga:

As you can see in this thread I am not the only one with this problem and under general question there are more people with the same problem, I am not using DVB-S2, only terrestial DVB-T2. As I reported earlier the problem is like this : after reboot of computer and start of DVBViewer DVBViewer cant find any DVB-T2 channels (HD) but all DVB-T channels works fine, shut down DVBViewer and start MCE live tv and shut it down again and start DVBViewer again and yes DVBViewer can find DVB-T2 channels again. Now it will work until next reboot. It is a general problem because all T2 channels on all frequences are gone.

In sweden there are reports with the same kind of problem with anysee E7 and DVBlink

-----------

To Hacbart:

(I think "Why is not DVBViewer makers interested to help out in this case?????" is the result you seem to have after nagging them via email.)

I asked once on forum not in any mail if DVBViewer makers could help out with this and if you think this is nagging how should we try to get help then if we cant ask for it? And I never said that is was a problem in DVBViewer only asked if you cant help out and when anysee says that you dont respond on there mail so I just wonder why. And again why are you getting mad when we are asking for help? Nobody said anything in DVBViewer was faulty just asked for help and you got mad??????????????

Edited by norings
As you can see in this thread I am not the only one with this problem

The only one regarding DVBViewer, an Anysee device with certain driver versions and DVB-T2.

Why is not DVBViewer makers interested to help out in this case?????

It is not within our responsibility and not our duty to look after issues caused by other products, and our scope is limited, because we can't receive your DVB-T2 channels. Please keep this in mind and don't expect too much. Sometimes we inform DVB hardware manufacturers about a problem if it is doubtlessly a general problem due to the hardware or driver, and if we can tell them exactly what's wrong. It isn't clear in this case. Moreover you have already informed Anysee, and there is nothing we can add. I have read your reports, and I was waiting for reports by other Anysee users helping to pinpoint the issue. There weren't any, particularly none by Anysee users who most likely would have mentioned it here.

The only one regarding DVBViewer, an Anysee device with certain driver versions and DVB-T2.

It is not within our responsibility and not our duty to look after issues caused by other products, and our scope is limited, because we can't receive your DVB-T2 channels. Please keep this in mind and don't expect too much. Sometimes we inform DVB hardware manufacturers about a problem if it is doubtlessly a general problem due to the hardware or driver, and if we can tell them exactly what's wrong. It isn't clear in this case. Moreover you have already informed Anysee, and there is nothing we can add. I have read your reports, and I was waiting for reports by other Anysee users helping to pinpoint the issue. There weren't any, particularly none by Anysee users who most likely would have mentioned it here.

In sweden HD tv is broadcasted in DVB-T2 so I dont now how HD tv is broadcasted in other countrys so when qstoffe writes that he got the same problem in HD so its mostley sure that he got the same driver problem as I do, he writes just like me that with older driver there is no problem, the problem started with driver dated 2011-12-29.

I understand that its not your responsibility when there is no problem in DVBViewer but when nothing else works so why not ask if you can help ,thats why I asked if you could help because you helped out before when there was a driverisue with anyseedevice but this time you didnt answerd at all, just answer no or yes or just something but just no replay at all are rude when asked for help.

Edited by norings
Unfortunately the report above concerning HDTV is not very precise. Does it depend on HD/SD playback or DVB-S/S2? Are all DVB-S2 transponders affected? Only some of them? Under which conditions? Does it only occur in certain systems / on certain PCs / with certain transponders / broadcasters or is it a general problem? Is it CI-related? There are no reports from other users about this issue.

Sorry for replying a bit late but there are many people affected by this problem with AnySee E7 in Sweden. Me, my brother and some other friends. Also some forum members on minhembio.se!

Some facts:

-It only affects DVB-T2 channels.

-It's NOT CI-related since it's the same problem with free DVB-T2 HD channels (with the newer drivers only).

-It's not "playback" related. Recording a stream without playback (closed graph in DVBViewer) doesn't work with the newer drivers but do with the older!

-It's the same problem on ALL transponders and channel networks that broadcasts DVB-T2 HD channels (the DVB-T SD channels work fine though).

-It's the same problem on all systems I've tried (all running with Windows 7 64-bit).

I've contacted AnySee TWICE about this but they haven't replied to any my e-mails! What e-mail address did you (norings) use when you contacted them?

I've contacted AnySee TWICE about this but they haven't replied to any my e-mails! What e-mail address did you (norings) use when you contacted them?

I used info anysee.com and got answer from xxxxxx anysee.com, i have also tried support anysee.se but got no response at all.

Edited by Griga

Don't publish email addresses in a way that they can be harvested! :angry: And you shouldn't publish non-public addresses at all if you are not the owner!!! That's a very thoughtless behaviour.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_address_harvesting

Some facts:

That narrows it down. Your first post was quite misleading ;)

Have you already tried different hardware settings in DVBViewer? "Stop stream while tuning", "Direct tuning" and "Use internal Network Provider Filter" on/off could be relevant.

Have you already tried different hardware settings in DVBViewer? "Stop stream while tuning", "Direct tuning" and "Use internal Network Provider Filter" on/off could be relevant.

I've tried some before but to be sure I tried all the settings you mentioned on/off again. Same result as before; doesn't work with the newer AnySee drivers but as soon as I install the old drivers (from 2011-09-07) it works.

Looks like it can't be influenced in DVBViewer. Did you find reports about Anysee & DVB-T2 problems from other countries than Sweden? I didn't.

Christian has written a mail to Anysee, but I didn't see a reply up to now.

Did you find reports about Anysee & DVB-T2 problems from other countries than Sweden?

I can confirm similar issue with Anysee E7 T2C new driver in Ukraine. I'm using DVBViewer version 4.9 and anysee driver version 1.6.19.13 (file _drivers_anyseeDriver_Setup_CNO_20110906.zip on anysee website) to watch DVB-T2 channels and all works fine. After upgrade to never version _drivers_anyseeDriver_Setup_CNO_20111220.zip I can't tune channels in DVBViewer and rollback to previous one.

But there is one difference - in Ukraine there is only SD channels.

Just an idea... can someone please try the attached TransEdit test version with the latest Anysee driver and DVB-T2? This version explicitely tells the driver to auto-detect the modulation.

It's a restricted version. Some functions are not available, but scanning works. Store TransEdit_Test.exe in the DVBViewer installation folder, launch it, select the transponder list containing your DVB-T/T2 transponders on the left side, select a DVB-T2 transponder on the right side and try to scan. Does it work? Can you hear a message beep?

TransEdit_3_8_3_5_Test.zip

Just tried TransEdit test version with latest anysee driver - no channel found. Actually, same as in original TransEdit version. One difference I found - in test version after scan PAT/PMT/SDT area has maroon background, in original version only PAT area has red background.

Looks like you are right about issue with auto-detect modulation in new drivers. I found one difference - using anysee tool for monitoring signal strange and quality, called Anysee CNO -> Signal monitor, except strange and quality I can see other parameters. One one them is Modulation. With new drivers value is always "OFDM". With 20110906 driver value is "LDPC/BCH OFDM". As I know in Ukraine DVB-T2 works on 256QAM modulation.

Is there any urgent need to use the latest driver?

Well, yes and no. It's a bit worrying that the 3 latest drivers have all been faulty. Also I have another problem with pay channels that I'm hoping a future driver update will solve. That's why I'm a bit desperate for newer drivers to work. The problem I mentioned is that it takes like 20-30s to decode/get any audio on pay channels using AAC. I get picture but no sound... until after 20-30 seconds after I get a picture. This only happens the first time I tune a pay channel with AAC. After that I have sound the same time I get picture but if I try to record a pay channel with AAC, no audio data will be recorded to the file.

Just an idea... can someone please try the attached TransEdit...

I will test after I get home from work tomorrow.

Looks like you are right about issue with auto-detect modulation in new drivers.

Obviously the device is able to auto-detect DVB-T/T2 (otherwise it won't work with old drivers), but the later Anysee drivers disable it somehow, and it takes special measures to re-enable it. However, I found no hint how it can be done, except the IBDA_AutoDemodulate interface that I've tried in the test version. As far as I can see there is no official BDA interface for switching between DVB-T and DVB-T2. Maybe it has to be done by passing special modulation parameters to the driver, dunno... it's blind guessing as long as Anysee doesn't fix it or at least provides information about the interface that has to be used.

I will test after I get home from work tomorrow.

I think you don't have to do it anymore. Doesn't work.

but if I try to record a pay channel with AAC, no audio data will be recorded to the file.

Are you sure? As far as it concerns DVBViewer, I guess the search depth is not sufficient to find audio in the file since it starts too late. Please try TSPlayer (download form the members area -> tools) and increase the search depth on the Settings Tab to 100 MB. If TSPlayer finds the audio stream, you can use the tool to remove some MBs at the beginning in order to make it playable in DVBViewer.

it takes like 20-30s to decode/get any audio on pay channels using AAC. I get picture but no sound... until after 20-30 seconds after I get a picture.

I had the same problem but the latest version of DVBViewer 4.9.5.1 solved the problem

I've just sent another mail to Anysee containing a summary of the facts that we have collected here. Let's see what happens... usually hardware manufacturers only respond to reports if there is really concrete evidence that something has to be done.

I had the same problem but the latest version of DVBViewer 4.9.5.1 solved the problem

Not for me. Still the same problem with 4.9.5.1

I was understating how long it takes for me to hear audio the first time I switch to a pay channel with AAC. I said it took 20-30s but when I timed it it's closer to 100s.

Are you sure? As far as it concerns DVBViewer, I guess the search depth is not sufficient to find audio in the file since it starts too late. Please try TSPlayer (download form the members area -> tools) and increase the search depth on the Settings Tab to 100 MB. If TSPlayer finds the audio stream, you can use the tool to remove some MBs at the beginning in order to make it playable in DVBViewer.

Very interesting, thank you! Here is what I tried:

1. Started DVBViewer.

2. Tuned a pay channel with AAC.

3. Waited 5s to get picture.

4. Pressed the record button even though I couldn't hear any sound in my speakers.

5. Waited for about 100s and then I started to get audio output in my speakers.

6. Stopped the recording.

When I tried to play the recording with windows media player classic (with newest FFDShow codecs) I couldn't hear any audio and I get the no audio symbol in the lower right corner. When I try to play it with TSPlayer, as you suggested, I get audio right from the start! I didn't even have to tweak any settings in TSPlayer. I just opened the file and it started playing WITH sound. How come TSPlayer get audio right from the first second but when I watched it "live" while recording with DVBViewer it took over 100s to get audio?

I've just sent another mail to Anysee containing a summary of the facts that we have collected here. Let's see what happens... usually hardware manufacturers only respond to reports if there is really concrete evidence that something has to be done.

Thank you very much! :) I hope they take it a bit more seriously comming from you. Although as it turns out the other problem I have, pay channels with AAC sound, is probably not a case of a faulty AnySee driver so I may be fine using their older driver.

Edited by qstoffe

In sweden HD tv is broadcasted in DVB-T2 so I dont now how HD tv is broadcasted in other countrys so when qstoffe writes that he got the same problem in HD so its mostley sure that he got the same driver problem as I do, he writes just like me that with older driver there is no problem, the problem started with driver dated 2011-12-29.

I understand that its not your responsibility when there is no problem in DVBViewer but when nothing else works so why not ask if you can help ,thats why I asked if you could help because you helped out before when there was a driverisue with anyseedevice but this time you didnt answerd at all, just answer no or yes or just something but just no replay at all are rude when asked for help.

I have been using a DUAL TUNER DVD-T2 (Black Gold BGT3620)for approx 6 months now with DVBViewer (w7 64bit).

Black Gold

This has worked without any problems from day 1. In fact I run 3 instances of DVBViewer simultaneously at times wihout any issues.

I also use WindowsMediaCenter with the same device and all is well, I suspect your problem may be the drivers for your hardware.

Frank

Edited by fxv1
When I tried to play the recording with windows media player classic (with newest FFDShow codecs) I couldn't hear any audio

Looks like this combination is not able to handle the LOAS/LATM packaged type of AAC audio used by European broadcasters. ffdshow can't cope with it, and MPC doesn't seem to be able to detect it.

How come TSPlayer get audio right from the first second but when I watched it "live" while recording with DVBViewer it took over 100s to get audio?

Maybe due to the AAC decoder. The live and file playback conditions are different, particularly with a CI/CAM causing delays - TSPlayer can look ahead to get format informations before starting to play the file. You may want to try other AAC decoders, like the libfaad2 wrapper (see members area - plugins, read the ReadMe!) or the DivX AAC decoder (IMO the best available), that is part of the DivX codec pack. Take care to untick additional software that you don't want (toolbars etc.) on installation.

Rather seems to be a playback problem that is not related to Anysee drivers.

• 5 months later...

I am using anysee e7 t2c in Denmark, where some channel are DVB-T and other dvb-t2.

DVBViewer can not scan dvb-t2 channel, but show that there is a signal.

The program that comes with anysse E7 T2C works ok for SD channe but not HD-channels (Boxer)

Channels broadcaster via DVB-t2 are crypted ( Boxer Denmark, CI+).

When first using the AnySee program to tune a dvb-t2 channel is possible to get it working also in DVBViewer.

But when you change channel to a dvb-t channel it stops working...

Looks like as written in this tread that it not possible for DVBViewer to switch between dvb-t and dvb-t2...

HD chanels in dvb-t2 do not work as there are CI+ crybted.

Using a CI+ CAM does not work as AnySee T2c only support CI.

(wehen using CI+ CAM it works for SD-channls with a error message that some CI+ functions are missing)

• 3 months later...

I´ve got an mail from anysee today with a new driver and it works for me on both win7 and my new win8 system. If you need help from anysee only ask for support on there anysee.com website, they helped me, the new driver is CNO 20130104.