Adjust PC clock via EPG/Teletext Info

HorstFuchs

Hi

I would like to reqeust a feature which uses information of the EPG or Teletext of some reliable channel (ZDF,....) to set the clock of the PC. So you always could have the correct time for recording.

Another benefit would be to have also Daylight Saving automatically adjusted.

Best Regards

Horst

Another benefit would be to have also Daylight Saving automatically adjusted.

There might be a Plugin in the future. :radscorpion:

It's not good to set the clock with informations from the teletext, because different channels often have different times.

As far as I know there is also anoter time stamp trasmitted by every transponder, but IMHO are all from a little bit to a large measure incorrect...

So I don't think that there is a time stamp as much precise to correct the clock of your PC, that you can control when you want and can have a very little gap among years (unless your PC CMOS battery is dead :radscorpion: )...

Maybe the idea to use the EPG (or Teletext) transmitted time of a specific channel to correct the begin of a recording session on the same channel can be correct... but is most likely that these is only a romantic supposition, looking to a real reality... or this is valid only for some very reliable channel...

Certainly you can make some kind of investigation about it... :rolleyes:

BTW, for the PC clock WinXP has a specific Time syncronization service (W32Time, autostarted by default) that get the real time via Internet when you are connected: surely it is much more reliable for this task...

Cheers

Gioxy

Guest hackbart

I've uploaded a simple Teletextplugin example with source. This one is a 3 minutes hack - so don't expect any gorgeous.

Just put the dll into the plugins folder and you can update the system clock via teletext. It has been tested with ARD and ZDF, but it should work also on other channels if the time is on the top right of the first line.

Christian

• 1 month later...

this can different more than a minute to the real time. but this is a time which come from tv station. And is different from station to station.

This is the reason why i never would use such a time synchronization !!!