Skystar2 and Asus A7N8x-x

Simon82

Hello all.. since I've changed my motherboard with a Asus A7N8x-X based on Nforce 2 400, I've problems with this card. It slow down my pc with Windows XP SP2 specially during boot. I've found that also DVBViewer is slowed down during navigation on various menu.

What can I do? I've also a Creative Audigy on PCI Bus.

Can the Skystar be damaged? Also with high temperature of the little chip on S2 board?

Thank

Edited by Simon82

I don't think the card is damaged. I also have an Asus A7N8x based board and no problems with the card.

Windows recognises the skystar as a network card. If you don't use Internet via sat then you can un-tick the networkprotocols for the skystar in properties of network.

Also make sure the server4pc and setup4pc programs are not running (and not in your autostart group).

greetings

Lars

I don't think the card is damaged. I also have an Asus A7N8x based board and no problems with the card.

Windows recognises the skystar as a network card. If you don't use Internet via sat then you can un-tick the networkprotocols for the skystar in properties of network.

Also make sure the server4pc and setup4pc programs are not running (and not in your autostart group).

greetings

Lars

To unpick the network protocol i've to uninstall all the protocols in network proprieties?

Maybe some interference with Audigy card.. I've tried to put them on different bus.. maybe irq.. :radscorpion:

when you open the network properties of the skystar2 card there are listet serveral things (microsoft client, tcp/ip etc) each item has a checkbox in front, just uncheck it, don't uninstall it (I'm not sure what happens then :radscorpion: )

lars

Edited by Lars_MQ
Maybe some interference with Audigy card.. I've tried to put them on different bus.. maybe irq.. 

Try first the network stuff, if it doesn't help, try deactivating the audigy for testing in Hardware properties...

lars

try an other slot or give ss2 an own IRQ.

Have you some conflicts in your Hardwaremanager?

Porta I/O 0x0000C000-0x0000CFFF Adattatore PCI standard da PCI a PCI

Porta I/O 0x0000C000-0x0000CFFF B2C2 Broadband Receiver PCI Adapter #2

This about skystar2 and this is the irq..

IRQ 18 B2C2 Broadband Receiver PCI Adapter #2 OK

I've found that changing channel is very very slowed.. also close DVBViewer seems to respond too late.. :D

Edited by Simon82

And there you can find IRQ18 ? Are there other parts of your system which have IRQ18?

Try to give ss2 an own IRQ.

please have a look in your hardwaremanager. There you can see problema by a yellow sign.

And there you can find IRQ18 ? Are there other parts of your system which have IRQ18?

Try to give ss2 an own IRQ.

please have a look in your hardwaremanager. There you can see problema by a yellow sign.

No yellow sign there. Always irq 18.. :D

It seems to slow down startup execution.. :P

• 2 weeks later...
No yellow sign there. Always irq 18.. 
Now i learned under WinXP its not possible to simple disable the APIC mode. XP ignores BIOS settings and share all this IRQ themself. If you want to disable you have to reinstall WinXP set in BIOS PIC mode. Use F5 during start of the windowsXP installation and take "Desktop PC" than you can install in PIC mode.

And only than you can can give SS2 an own IRQ in BIOS and XP:(

But nice to hear that this was not your problem!

Steffen