Problem with codecs

luyggy

Hello,

i need help configuring the codecs for both SD and HD. I use ffdshow for SD and HD on CoreAVC.

This is the configuration of my computer:

Ghz Intel Pentium CPU G620@2.60

Asus P8H61-M

4GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-10666 Ripjaws 1333

Ati HD6450

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-4400 HD

The problem I have it when they make sports, everything I have with football matches in which they do not get a clear reproduction.

In SD the main problem I have is that it looks a wake behind the ball, as well as appreciation does not make straight lines and looks a little shimmy in terms of refresh rate.

In HD my problem are small jumps in the image and a high CPU consumption. In the configuration of CoreAVC've tried both Bob and the decoding in hardware but still, I can not improve the picture.

Regards,

Hello,

i need help configuring the codecs for both SD and HD. I use ffdshow for SD and HD on CoreAVC.

Neither those codecs are good for TV, if you have Windows 7 use Microsoft DTV-DVD decoder or install LAV Decoder by itself or in the Shark codec pack and select LAV in the H264 tab, and select DXVA in LAV config (also includes PowerDVD codec).

Edited by dvbrewer

The PowerDVD codecs work well for many people. Try installing their trial version then follow my instructions at the link below to register them.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/48336-can-i-use-power-dvd-11-as-codecs/page__view__findpost__p__355860

(Remove "(x86)" after Program Files if using 32 bit version of Windows)

I'm trying as you have indicated the powerdvd codecs 11. What would be the video renderer convenient? Say I have Windows 7 32-bit installer.

regards,

If EVR is available, that seems to be best.

Hello, I achieved the SD picture perfect using PowerDVD codecs in HD but I still have problems. I tested with LAV POWERDVD and with an improvement but not another. The problem is when camera moves very fast, the clearest example is watching a football game, continued to trail effect on the ball. Can you think where you can be the problem?

regards,

I had similar problems with HD using an HD6770 but since reverting to catalyst version 11.7 I've had no HD picture breakup problems and CPU usage whilst watching any HD channel is minimal using the Microsoft DTV decoder.

Hello,

Obviously desinterlacing issue due to wrong setting and wrong codec....FFDShow is not good for interlaced pictures due to poor desinterlacing filter versus ATI one's.

Cyberlink HD is excellent as mentioned above; SD too although I found the Arcsoft SD a little bit better...

Install the AMD/ATI 12.1 driver wich is stable.

In the AMD vision(Catalyst) control panel, in video section, uncheck everything and especialy ESVP(enforce smooth video playback) that won't work with your HD6450 anyway. If checked, the other settings are greyed and the picture look awful....

ESVP work with more powerfull ATI graphics only..not the HD 6450...

In desinterlacing section uncheck AUTO then put the cursor on Vector adaptative.

Be sure the frame rate is set on 50hz too....

DVBViewer set on custom render>>EVR.

I prefer using the pixel shader included in DVBViewer than the sharpen in the Catalyst.

Edited by trifon33

11.4 catalyst is the only one working on hdtv with ati 6950.

Any HD live-tv stram is broken on dvb-c from my ISP, but with 11.4 problems are smaller.

On an old hd2600 same situation, i use 10.6 but still has problems.

I managed with the information you have given me get a pretty good reproduction, except at some point pixelated image that the rest is going very well, thank you very much for your help.

I'm thinking to change the graphics card for a 6670 1GB DDR5. As you see? it is advisable to change?

Regards,

I managed with the information you have given me get a pretty good reproduction, except at some point pixelated image that the rest is going very well, thank you very much for your help.

I'm thinking to change the graphics card for a 6670 1GB DDR5. As you see? it is advisable to change?

Regards,

The graphics card is fine, you either need to try different drivers, using the ATi driver removal in Control Panel, and ideally Driver Sweeper as well in safe mode each time you change driver. It is also possible your system may be messed up by trying too many codecs/codec packs or other Video software that can install similar stuff, in that case a Windows reinstall may be in order as a last resort.

Regards,

I am using the same graphic card..it's perfect for me under W7 64bits. This card integrates all bells and whistles for HTPC application...no limitation due to poor DDR version or GPU...

Even in French TNT HD wich is rather touchy since they change from 1440x1080i to 1980x1080i..no pixelisation.

You can download from DVBking PWDVD 11 codec(combo SD/HD) and Arcsoft codec. The later won't work with ATI(DVBViewer hangs) in HD but perfect in SD.

Please see also in the CCC the GPU Scaling setting and ITC processing. All these must be unchecked...

Bit error rate must be checked with TranseditMMC to see possible discontinuities as well...

Edited by trifon33

Even in French TNT HD wich is rather touchy since they change from 1440x1080i to 1980x1080i..no pixelisation.

You can download from DVBking PWDVD 11 codec(combo SD/HD) and Arcsoft codec. The later won't work with ATI(DVBViewer hangs) in HD but perfect in SD.

I would advise Shark codec pack as a safer way of trying multiple codecs, change H264 codec on Shark config, and set DXVA.

Edited by dvbrewer

In my opinion things like Shark codec pack are a really bad idea.

The pack is only designed for people who are only using the windows media player. Where you can't change the codec in the options.

If you use the DVBViewer and Shark codec pack you have to select the same codec in Shark and DVBViewer.

And every time you like to change the codec you have to do it in both programs.

Nobody should be surprised, by getting more problems when installing a codec pack.

In my opinion things like Shark codec pack are a really bad idea.

The pack is only designed for people who are only using the windows media player. Where you can't change the codec in the options.

If you use the DVBViewer and Shark codec pack you have to select the same codec in Shark and DVBViewer.

And every time you like to change the codec you have to do it in both programs.

Nobody should be surprised, by getting more problems when installing a codec pack.

The advantage is it manages all things like merits and conflicts for you, also it is better than the pack that includes Arcsoft that always mucked up my Windows installation everytime I used it. Also if you try multiple codecs, they are still selectable in DVBViewer, just the merits are adjusted, they only are all uninstalled once you uninstall the codec pack. As LAV is improving though, the need for it gets less.

Edited by dvbrewer

The Shark is ok, I used it especialy for FFDshow audio that is compatible with DD+.

But is useless now for me since the PWDVD11+Arcsoft are available from DVBking without installing any codec pack.

Lavfilter is open source. Only limitation with this filter is when you wish to convert E-AC3 to output AC3 on the fly, I believe only FFDshow is able to do it...

Edited by trifon33