Save channel modulation when scanning range

highyield

I'm not sure if a bug is involved, so I'll treat it as a missing feature.

When scanning a frequency range for DVB-C channels, it finds all the channels. That's great! But DVBViewer only sets the modulation for the channels of the first frequency it finds. All the other channels, on all other frequencies are saved with modulation set to Auto. For example, in my case, the first frequency is 306MHz, all 3 channels on this frequency are saved with QAM 64. All other channels, found on other (higher) frequencies, are saved with modulation set to Auto. That wouldn't be a problem, but there is a frequency (474MHz in my case) that contains 4 channels that use QAM 256 as modulation. All is fine when changing from a QAM 64 modulated channel to another QAM 64 modulated channel (it doesn't matter if the latter has the modulation set as QAM 64 or set as Auto). The problem appears when changing from a QAM 64 modulated channel (with a visible image) to a QAM 256 modulated channel that is saved with Auto as modulation. There's no picture and no sound. All that get's fixed by setting the modulation from Auto to QAM 256 (for that particular QAM 256 modulated channel). The same problem appears when changing from a QAM 256 modulated channel to a QAM 64 modulated channel that was saved with Auto as modulation. Again, changing the modulation from Auto to QAM 64 for that particular channel, fixes the issue that appears when changing from a QAM 256 modulated channel to that QAM 64 channel.

Why does it only save the modulation for the channels of the first frequency? Can that be improved?

Or maybe improving the switching to another channel that uses a different QAM modulation than the previous, when the 2nd channel has the modulation set to Auto.

What do you think?

Btw, I'm using Windows 7 64 bit SP1, Terratec Cinergy T PCIe Dual with DVBViewer Pro 4.9 and the latest beta drivers (for DVB-C). All the TV channels that I'm talking about are not encrypted. I can view all those channels if I take into account what I've said above.

in transponder/DVBViewer, you have some list:

CableQ256_1 or CableQ256-3

CableQ64_1

scan with that( before put your frequencies here)

Thank you for your answers. I managed to create my own transponder list.

About the QAM issue, I think it might be a driver bug of my tv tuner, after all.