No sound in some HD channels

norings

Audio type? AC3? AAC? MPEG Audio?

In which player?

I use DVBViewer to play recorded files. I have also noticed that if I press pause during a live tv broadcast and then press play again so I get a timeshift I have sound.

Edited by norings

Strange. Audio type? See DVBViewer channel editor...

AAC 5.1 or AAC audio stereo the same as on other HD-channels (SVT1 HD, SVT2 HD, TV3 HD)

AAC 5.1 or AAC audio stereo

From your SystemInfo.txt:

-------------------------

AAC Audio Decoders:

-------------------------

Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder V6.1.7140.0: 005FFFFF

It's the only one. Try to install others and select them on Options -> DirectX:

- The libfaad2 wrapper from the DVBViewer members area -> plugins (read the included ReadMe!!!)

- The DivX AAC decoder. It is part of the DivX Codec Pack. Take care to untick everything in the installer that you don't want.

AAC 5.1 or AAC audio stereo the same as on other HD-channels (SVT1 HD, SVT2 HD, TV3 HD)

Are you sure? Im pretty convinced SVT uses Mpeg and AC3 audio for their HD channels.

So it says here:

http://svt.se/2.152197/1.2408782/expert

AC3 5.1 and MPEG tracks. OP should still be able to select MPEG audio track if AC3 doesn't work.

I see from support files that DVD playback has a Hauppauge AC3 decoder - is that setting used for video playback?

Choosing the same AC3 codec for Video A or B might work. Current settings are A: Arcsoft and B: Microsoft, which definitely doesn't work.

Are you sure? Im pretty convinced SVT uses Mpeg and AC3 audio for their HD channels.

No problems with SVT and tv3, this is what DVBViewer says. The problem is in TV4 and kanal 5,there is only one soundstream, only live tv not from timeshift or played later with DVBViewer

According to this site TV4 HD is broadcasting HE-AAC audio via DVB-T2. Noring is using an Anysee DVB-T2 device (see support.zip).

IMO it's only a question of installing/using an AAC decoder that can cope with AAC 5.1. See my suggestions above. There have already been reports about the MS decoder not doing it properly (or not at all, can't remember...).

Tested the libfaad2 wrapper and I got sound but not very good sound, sometime its loud and suddenly it cuts and goes low I must try something else.

Tested the libfaad2 wrapper and I got sound but not very good sound, sometime its loud and suddenly it cuts and goes low

That's a known problem with the underlying libfaad2 decoding library and some transmissions. The DivX AAC decoder doesn't show this issue (reported by British users).