[solved with 0.49]Lavfilter Video/audio not in sync.

trifon33

Hello,

I'd like to get some explaination regarding the fact the audio is not in sync when using lavfiltrer video for mpeg or H264.

Tested with W7 SP1 32 or 64bits

Anysee E7-S2

ATI HD 6670 HDMI 720P output to ONKYO TX SR309 A/V amplifier.

Lavfilter audio.

No problem with Microsoft DTV decoder or Cyberlink PowerDVD 11 combo codec.

Is there specific setting to fix the issue????

Edited by trifon33

Hello,

I'd like to get some explaination regarding the fact the audio is not in sync when using lavfiltrer video for mpeg or H264.

Tested with W7 SP1 32 or 64bits

Anysee E7-S2

ATI HD 6670 HDMI 720P output to ONKYO TX SR309 A/V amplifier.

Lavfilter audio.

No problem with Microsoft DTV decoder or Cyberlink PowerDVD 11 combo codec.

Is there specific setting to fix the issue????

Why you persisting with this software, AC3filter or PowerDVD work fine, ditch the other one if it is a problem.

Why you persisting with this software, AC3filter or PowerDVD work fine, ditch the other one if it is a problem.

I agree partially with you.

AC3 filter is not compatble with DD+(E-AC3)... rather common now in DVB T or S. So in some circumstance, it is useless. Unless there is now new version.

Lavfiter is thus the perfect audio filter for DVB.

FFDshow audio is OK for DD+ as well but I don't like it.

I am use to test other video filters and especialy Lavfilter one's. This filter is growing in popularity in home theatre applications.

Edited by trifon33

I have succefully tested the 0.49 as advised.

No more issue.

In addition, I have found this version is compatible with ATI DXVA graphic card as well...and many other graphic hardware support types such as Intel one's.

Nevertherless, I am not sure the ATI post process is active..I have to check...

I have yet to make some more tests and comparison with PowerDVD 11 codec.

I think this open source filter set is worth to be tested as alternative to popular codecs that are sometimes a bit tricky to be available in DVBViewer.

I think this open source filter set is worth to be tested as alternative to popular codecs that are sometimes a bit tricky to be available in DVBViewer.

I notice DVBViewer installer now installs LAV as an option so they obviously have faith in it :).

I notice DVBViewer installer now installs LAV as an option so they obviously have faith in it :).

Sure...

AS a result of WE testing...The picture is very similar to the excellent PowerDVD11...

With "DXVA2 native" checked, the ATI UVD is supported. That means the post process is active as well...

I believe it is definitly the best A/V codec for DVBViewer, with E-AC3 if needed...

I have still to check the ATI Catalyst desinterlacing setting stability issue observed with Cyberlink codecs.

Presently I had to stay with the 11.4, last stable CCC under W7 32 with the HD 6670....

Lav filters has big problem with any BDA app:

example:

choose lav for video, then watch an live channel and go back to the couch( what i mean is let channel play, do not touch of anyting on screen)

After 30-40 minutes or so image begun to slow down, menu info from live-news channels begun to crowl, like low fps or so.

Cyberlink does that also.

back to microsoft for video, and ac3 for audio.

Edited by bogdan1980

Nonsense, I'm using LAV video and LAV audio, I can left DVBViewer all the night 24 hours, HD or SD no difference. Works perfect with Live TV, BD, mkv. Only one problem is VC-1, I must use Arcsoft codec.

Nonsense, I'm using LAV video and LAV audio, I can left DVBViewer all the night 24 hours, HD or SD no difference. Works perfect with Live TV, BD, mkv. Only one problem is VC-1, I must use Arcsoft codec.

Please post your HW/SW config.

Tnx.

Please post your HW/SW config.

Tnx.

Win7 Pro x64

Nvidia GT 430, driver 296.10

DVB-S2 Technisat Skystar HD2

DVB-T Pinnacle 250i

Lav Filter 0.49 (or latest night builds)

LAV Video DXVA2 Copy-back, aggressive deinterlacing, force deinterlacing, Output PC, Dithering mode Random

LAV Audio Bitstreaming S/PDIF, Auto A/V Sync correction

DVBViewer 4.9.5.1

Render EVR Custom

VSync By Aero

DVB Source Filter 3.6.1.0 (Check timestamp continuity)

Audio Render DirectSound: Realtek Digital Output

TV refresh rate for DVB 50Hz.

Watching video refresh rate changing by video fps (23.9->24, 30->60, 25->50 write my own program to get refresh with mediainfo from video file on media playback start action)

P.s. similar problem was with some version of video drivers, don't remember witch version.

support.zip

Edited by tomas.jurksas