Synchronised Recording

dmb4

I don't seem able to synchronise audio and video when recording (from Astra 19 or 28). I have used various versions of PVAStrumento before creating DVDs using TMPGEnc DVD Author.

Am I missing out a vital step?

Help!

Hi Tecnofriend

I record programmes (from Astra 19 or 28) in mpg format and then use PVAStrumento, (various versions), to turn the transmission stream into a program stream. When viewing the DVDs I created using TMPGEnc DVD Author the audio and video are not perfectly synchronised; the audio is a fraction of a second behind the audio.

Am I missing out a vital step?

Hi dmb4,

you should try ProjectX, a free JAVA tool to demux and resync the PVA streams. I use it since about a year now and don't have any problems. Pleas do a search for ProjectX in the forum to find some more information about it and links where to download it.

Regards,

gglasmacher

Do you have a fast computer?

Which demultiplexer do you use? M$, Elecard??

Is the async also to be seen on a standalone?

Is the async only in speech? It maght be a syncrnization from another language?

Try projectX.

BTW: Please don't use PM for forum-topics.

Hi gglasmacher

Thanks - I will look for ProjectX.

To Tecnofriend - I have An Intel 2.8 PC. As I said, I have used PVAStrumento, (various versions), to turn the transmission stream into a program stream or to demux and then TMPGEnc DVD Author to burn DVDs to be viewed using a Panasonic 'standalone' DVD player. I have not used M$ or Elecard. Do you think I should?

The programs I have recorded are not dubbed, i.e. they are original language programmes, recorded from BVN (Dutch), Canal Canarias (Spanish) and various BBC (English) channels.

The results are consistently out of synch; I just mentioned speech because lip-synch is easier to spot.

>I have not used M$ or Elecard. Do you think I should?

No need then. I thought this could be the problem. But then it would only be while watching the DVD on the Computer.

>they are original language programmes

so it's not a language-conversion-problem either.

I use pvastrumento latest version and ifoedit here and it seems to work nice.

But TMPGEnc should be fine as well. Its a nice program.