TransEdit problem with Retune attempts

hello!

Retune attempts don't work more at the TransEdit 3_8_2.....3_8_3 for Omicom S2, if to scan in a cycle "Scan All" mode. I receive [x]-marked transponder.

But if to scan separately ("Scan Selected") that everything is all right.

In old TransEdit versions everything works well. This problem isn't present in the TransEdit 3_7_2.....3_8_1

any ideas?

Here it works as expected (tested with a Hauppauge Nova S2 HD).

Does TransEdit skip retuning (not executed), or is it executed, but does not deliver the expected results? For testing select two transponders. The first one should be a transponder that is always scanned successfully at first go. The second one should be a transponder that needs retuning. Then click "Scan Selected". In this way it is easier to see what happens.

Probably my English doesn't allow me to express correctly thought, and I will attach small video with work TransEdit 3_8_3 :)

This problem isn't present on v.3_8_1 with Retune attempts=1. And with Retune attempts=0 the problem is again in TransEdit 3_8_1

Got it.

There is no retuning after failure.

There is. I can see it in the video:

1) 12609 V scanned successfully.

2) 12639 V scan starts. PAT gets yellow, PMT and SDT are still (dark) green from 12609 V

3) 12639 V scan fails, no data coming in. PMT and SDT get red.

4) 12639 V scan is repeated, the frequency does not change, but again failure. Without retuning TransEdit would immediately continue with 12670 V after first failure.

So retuning is executed as expected. However, the question is why beginning with 12639 V no more data is coming in.

But if to scan separately ("Scan Selected") that everything is all right.

...as shown in the video. The difference is that TransEdit always re-initializes the device when a new scan starts, but not on a transponder change within a scan. It looks like the device stops delivering data for some reason, and re-initialization fixes it.

Multi-select all transponders beginning with 12639 V by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking, and then use "Scan Selected" to let TransEdit scan them together (it is like "Scan All" but only for a selection of transponders). Try different selections. What happens?

Try different selections. What happens?

I chose with 12639 on 12731 and received two unsuccessful transponder.

Then I tried it again and again it turned out with various success, can be successful and can be unsuccessful, like a game of dice.

X.jpg

Then I increased retune attempts=10. The same result, only more time was spent for scanning.

Game with PAT-timeout too doesn't help

Then I increased retune attempts=10. The same result, only more time was spent for scanning.

It's quite clear now. Retuning is executed, but for some reason your device or the driver stops delivering data until it is re-initialized.

For a test you may try the following:

1) Open the positioner console, select the device and send one of the motor commands (e.g. Halt). This will let the positioner console occupy the device and hold it until the window is closed.

2) Scan until you get failure, close the scanner window and re-scan single transponders. Now the device will *not* be re-initialized because the positioner console is still holding it. Does re-scanning single transponders work?

In old TransEdit versions everything works well. This problem isn't present in the TransEdit 3_7_2.....3_8_1

I've checked the code. There is no Omicom related change except the code for LNB off that was added in 3.8.2. You have tested it on September 25th (see here), and TransEdit 3.8.2 was released one month later. However, TransEdit doesn't use this code unless you apply a tweak in the TransEdit.ini hardware section or configure the device for Unicable. And for sure it doesn't use it while a scan is going on.

Does the first of your two Omicom tuners show the same issue?

It seems you're right.

I checked this problem just on my second device with other dish, there everything became normal :)

May be a problem in my 8x1 DiSEqC 1.1 switch. it is necessary try to connect without DiSEqC at once to LNB.

I need to call the local experts to check the connections in the attic. I will report about results.

May be a problem in my 8x1 DiSEqC 1.1 switch.

Maybe... nevertheless I would like to know why it works with older versions. I have no clue which change makes the difference.

...code for LNB off that was added in 3.8.2

now at me this option isn't active

This code works well, but requires two Diseqc-commands of the switch after switching off. and then can work with one command.

... nevertheless I would like to know why it works with older versions. I have no clue which change makes the difference.

Maybe old versions TransEdit sent repeated Diseqc-commands at failures or device re-initialization. I can't think up another any more.

But today I made experience and found the cause of the problem,

I connected the satellite on the first port Diseqc and began scanning. everything is successful!!!

it seems that my Diseqc at some time restart and back to the first port.

I think that rain water got to it.

Today I also bought a new Diseqc, and now everything works fine with the new TransEdit. :)