Unable to perform a channel scan.

Blimp

I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong or it is a bug, but here is the deal..

I have a Technistar CableStar 2 PCI card and I can scan for channels using the DVBViewer TE version (using as Root: Kabel (QAM 256)). But using the full version, the channel scan doesn’t find any channels (also using the ‘Kabel (QAM 256)’ as root). And I find it strange that the QAM in the status windows displays Q64 with a yellow PAT light. I shall post some screenshots to show.

I can export the channel list in the TE version and import it in the Full version and the viewer works fine.

Anybody some idea?

post-1-1096669194_thumb.jpg

Read this thread and give us all needed informations.

you are one of the first User of the CableStar here in the board.

Have you set the Cable Star in the Channel list? (little icon on the second tab)

Steffen

You probably won't find any answers in the faq. This looks really strange.. ..maybe there's something in the SI that the parsing routine of the pro version doesn't like :( (if there is a difference between TE and pro). I wonder what @Griga has to say. Could you tell a little more about your cable provider and the programmes?

Thanks for the quick response.

The Cable Star is indeed set in the Channel list.

The cable provider is Caiway in the Netherlands, this company is broadcasting digital for about a half year. Here is a link with the programs of there broadcastings.

Since this week there are four stations which are modulated with QAM-64 and these stations are found using the QAM-256 root settings in the Full version. Its look like the QAM is divided by four or something, because when I use the root setting: QAM 64 (which is missing in the full version, but I used the .ini file from the TE version), the scan didn’t found any channels and again. And an other question: why is the Status window says 'Polarisation' should it not be 'Modulation'?

Grz, Bastiaan

Afaik all cable providers in the netherlands use different ca systems. Nothing is fta, so the SS2 is normally not the right choice. Though it should be possible to perform a channel scan. The problem is, that there are not many users with dvb-c and the programmes (and the SI) can only be received in the same cable network (upc, casema..).

I got first feedback from Blimp - seems to work with the TransEdit 1.9 beta, which provides additional DVB-T and DVB-C scanning abilities. DVB-T has already been successfully tested by Oliver (thanks!), Blimp will do some further testing tonight, as he told me... then we'll see.

I've tested the TransEdit 1.9 beta and it works great with the CableStar 2 PCI card. All channel are nicely scanned, both the QAM 256 en QAM 64 modulated channels.

I would like to thanks Griga for its effort!

Regards, Bastiaan

i believe Christian should replace the scan routine in DVBViewer through transedit ... ;)

• 1 month later...

Does scanning work with cablestar in DVBViewer now? My experience from testing it the other day beta 2.3 and TE edition is that only those values that are in the cable.ini are scanned. The scanner does not scan the symbolrate I enter and frequencies not in the ini file are not searched.

• 3 weeks later...

i am new owner of cablestar and i can can confirm the cable scanner does not work

with TE edition,

you cannot choose your symbol rate, all it does is scanning the defaut values.

you can only modify the supplied . ini and make it scan.

its a pity because the cable scanner would be very useful if you dont know the values to discover them.

will it be fixed ?