CyberLink PowerDVD 12 (Renderer / Decoder missing)

goldenmidas

Hi! I have CyberLink PowerDVD 12 Pro installed with the latest version of DVBViewer, 4.9.6.11.

Earlier it worked (I had to re-install my PC), but now I can't see PowerDVD 12 render in options of Options -> DirectX -menu.

What should I do to make it appear there? I'm sure it can be done because like I said, it worked a week ago on my previous install :)

Thanks in advance!

support.zip

Thanks! I guess I got it working, however there wasn't file CLVID.ax, instead I found CLCVD.ax.

Have I done it right?

asd.png

asf.png

Just curious, why it didn't work automatically this time? I've been using DVBViewer for 4 years now and every time before CyberLink video codecs have been there waiting for me to select them...

Edited by goldenmidas

@goldenmidas

however there wasn't file CLVID.ax, instead I found CLCVD.ax.

Yes, ofcourse you have done it pretty right :biggrin:

I was doubtful about the exact name of the codec

It would be something like "CLVID.ax

That was because since long I am using ArcSoft codecs alone. You can go one step more, if you feel like. select the codec (as it appears selected in pic above), press middle button & set its merit @ 800,000 (PREFERRED STATUS). That will force the use of this codec vis-a-vis any other codec, causing any conflict....just in case.

• 7 months later...

Because Cyberlink decided that you should use their codec only with their programs. So, when you install the demo of PDVD 12 the Installer doesn't register the codecs in the OS, but PDVD12 uses it anyway because it knows they are there by default. Once you register them by hand (or using handy utilities like the one mentioned earlier) the codecs become available for all other programs as well.

Edited by Crisidelm

I have bought version, not just demo. Youre right, PowerDVD 12 do not register codecs in system but uses them.

Problem is, that i can not register codecs in my Win 8 64bit manually. The app listed here dont see any codec to register.

Maybe is problem in Windows 8...

I registered them in my Win8 64bit :) You've got to use the regsvr32.exe located in folder \Windows\Syswow64

With Admin rights, of course

Edited by Crisidelm

Hi,

I had the same problem and found this page very helpful! But I have the same problem with the PowerDVD 12 audio codec on Windows 8. I tried installing:

CLAud60.ax

&

CLAud84.ax

in the same folder, but no joy. Any ideas? Solution? Thanks again!