help please

cundogg

would appreciate the help. i was wondering how to get DVBViewer to select 5.1 audio when available. i find myself having to manually select 5.1 audio when i am viewing a hd channel. i was also wondering how to disable context (right click mouse) menu when DVBViewer is running as everytime i press info button on my harmony remote i get context right click menu. could someone tell me how to launch an external program (xbmc) from DVBViewer osd home menu?? this is the feature i miss most from windows media center. any help would be greatly appreciated.

pc spec:

antec fusion remote infrared receiver case

black gold bgt3630

DVBViewer pro 4.5

For the AC3 audio open the channel list editor and expand the audio streams of the channel. And the drag and drop the AC3 channel on the first position.

And for launching external applications download the OSD-Menu Editor 1.1 from the Members Section and open the windowdef.xml in the configuration folder while the DVBViewer is not running.

DVBViewer pro 4.5
Why are you using a over 1 year old version? Edited by Griga

I found myself how to do :)

In windowdef.xml, at the end :

<Window Name="your description" Text="Title of the application" ID="-3" Parent="0">
     <Image>icon.png</Image>
      <Application>C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\start.bat</Application>
     <Systemwin>0</Systemwin>
   </Window>

Create start.bat (with XBMC for example) :

ECHO OFF
start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer" DVBViewer.exe  -c -x16836
start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC" XBMC.exe

Have fun !

For the AC3 audio open the channel list editor and expand the audio streams of the channel. And the drag and drop the AC3 channel on the first position.

And for launching external applications download the OSD-Menu Editor 1.1 from the Members Section and open the windowdef.xml in the configuration folder while the DVBViewer is not running.

Why are you using a over 1 year old version?

thanks for the quick reply. Sorry i meant to say i got 4.9 DVBViewer. I did what you said and dragged the 5.1 channels to the top. It works when switching channels with channel plus or minus but when i select a channel in the tv guide it automatically selects stereo audio. Dont know whats up with it

I found myself how to do :)

In windowdef.xml, at the end :

<Window Name="your description" Text="Title of the application" ID="-3" Parent="0">
     <Image>icon.png</Image>
      <Application>C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\start.bat</Application>
     <Systemwin>0</Systemwin>
   </Window>

Create start.bat (with XBMC for example) :

ECHO OFF
start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer" DVBViewer.exe  -c -x16836

Have fun !

Hey thanks for your help. I was wondering how would i edit the bat file to close DVBViewer and open xbmc instead of having both open

1. taskkill /IM DVBViewer.exe

2. Your favorites list is made with stereo channels not 5.1, add channels with audio ac3 to favorites list.

I don't know how to do in the osd menu but you can do it with a key :

You have to go to DVBViewer/scripts/ and you create a file named command.vbs

Past this code inside :

sub main(Command)
       Select Case Command 
               Case 20480
                       OSD.ExecNewProcess "C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\start.bat", "", False, False
		Quit                          
               Case Else
                       osd.showInfoinTVpic "No action in th Command.vbs for this Action ID.",1000
       End Select
end sub

Now open DVBViewer and go to settings/input and create a new group (External programs for example). Clic on "ADD" and give a name for the command (for example : launch XBMC) and in the next window put 20480 in the second square.

Assign a command for this action like a keyboard key or an ir command ( with your remote).

That's all

1. taskkill /IM DVBViewer.exe

2. Your favorites list is made with stereo channels not 5.1, add channels with audio ac3 to favorites list.

Hey it's very simple in fact :)

start.bat

ECHO OFF
taskkill /IM DVBViewer.exe

Thank you for the code ;)

cheers for the help people. It is much appreciated. I got the xbmc launcher button and 5.1 audio sorted out :) however i ran into another problem. My tv guide is displaying double program information for every channel. I only have the freesat epg data enabled in options. Can anyone help?

cheers for the help people. It is much appreciated. I got the xbmc launcher button and 5.1 audio sorted out :) however i ran into another problem. My tv guide is displaying double program information for every channel. I only have the freesat epg data enabled in options. Can anyone help?

The same sh.. on some channels I have too.

ah well. double tv information ain't the worst thing in the world. i think i can live with it. Has anyone had any trouble recording stuff? As in it only records audio and no video on certain channels. It seems to be most of the freeview irish channels this happens to but haven't tested it on everyone. The freesat channels seems to record fine though

Someone can tell me what is the command line to reactive dvbwiever (watch the last channel for example) when it is in stand by mode ?

Thank's