Cannot get Arte HD in Hotbird 13 deg.

Fernand

All other TV channels are performing well.

But, I want to have Arte HD that is an FTA channel.

The settings of the channel in the Transponders file are:

47=11681,H,27500,34,6,|Eutelsat

But, when I scan the frequency 11681, I don't get any channels.

My card is the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 5500-HD

My PC is Intel Core Duo, 2,66 GHz

4 GB RAM

Windows 7, 64 bits operativ system.

My DVBViewer is 4.9.6

Should be nice to get some help to solve the problem or to understand why is not possible to see Arte HD.

BR/Fernando

Can you receive other DVB-S2 transponders on Hotbird?

With Hauppauge cards the Pilot Symbols setting may have influence. In your transponder list it is set to "off" for 11681 H, and I'm not sure if this is correct. Unfortunately I can't check it with my Hauppauge Nova S2 HD, because I can't receive this transponder at all with my small 45 cm dish. According to LyngSat and KingOfSat the other parameters in your transponder list are correct.

Use TransEdit (download from the members area) for scanning. It allows to change the transponder parameters.

Hi Griga,

Yes, I can get the Super Tennis HD channel, that is a FTA channel.

I have tried with Transedit also, the result is Found:0

Hi ddchiera, could you show me your settings to get Arte HD?

I mean, which codecs for instance?

I can get other HD channel, Super Tennis, as you see in the attached screenshot.

post-124837-0-31088600-1336398554_thumb.jpg

Hi Fernand,

Here are my screen shots. The only difference I can ascertain is that I have a slightly different file (look at the title) and it has the channel names, but you're right all parameters seem good.

Dominic

post-82796-0-34142900-1336399187_thumb.png

post-82796-0-45272900-1336399199_thumb.png

If you're not getting any channels when scanning, the problem is before any codec issue.

The card I used for that screen shot is a Technotrend not Hauppauge. Have you tried changing the pilot signal parameters as per Griga's suggestion? I have Hauppauge cards in another server (looking at 28.2E) and I too found they are very sensitive to having all settings absolutely spot on. It may be that the Technotrend deals with it differently than the Hauppauge.

Dominic

Here's the screenshot from Crazycat's Blindscan utility using the Technotrend card. It shows the pilot signal off, but again, that may just be for one brand of card.

post-82796-0-95920900-1336405703_thumb.png

The card I used for that screen shot is a Technotrend not Hauppauge. Have you tried changing the pilot signal parameters as per Griga's suggestion?

Technotrend cards don't need the Pilot Symbols parameter. It doesn't matter.

Today the sky is not so clouded, and I managed to receive a weak signal from that transponder. Mostly garbage data, but enough to confirm the Pilot Symbols off is correct.

@Fernand: You can also try to shift the frequency a bit up or down in TransEdit, let's say within a range of +/- 5 MHz (don't forget to click Apply after each change). It may help if the issue is caused by an inaccurate LNB oscillator frequency.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem has been solved, the solution was a bigger dish.

With the older 80 cm dish, I got only dvb-s channels.

Now, I have bought a second hand Philips dish, a Fibo gregorian dish 100 cm and now I get also the dvb-s2 channels, in my case Arte HD that is FTA in Hotbird 13 degrees.

The difference between Arte (576x480) and Arte HD (1920x1088) is huge, much much better!

I have this antenna in Stockholm.

Thank you all that helped me with this issue.