Members Area access

kryses

Hi,

I tried to log into the Members Area today (8/5/2012) using my username and password (they are saved so I don't have to renter them every time) but now they are being rejected. I attempted to use my username /password given for the new version of DVBViewer but they are rejected. This is with IE8, my normal browser for DVBViewer.

I have also retried using Firefox 12, and the same thing happens.

Is there a problem with logging in to the Members Area, please, access was OK a few days ago, I've updated DVBViewer and Recording Service?

My access to the forum is OK, but I use different credentials to access that.

I'd, also, just like to say how happy I've been with the programmes which I've been using, virtually, since Digital Terrestrial TV started here in New Zealand.

Thanks,

Steve

...I also do not have access to the member area. Are there news, whether it is just maintenance? :wacko:

Edited by JumpySkippy

I have the same problem.

Just tried and it works fine for me. Give it another try.

@fxv300

Start the KeyTool and make sure that you use the same data as for installing the DVBViewer.

Now u lost me

Since when do i use Keytool to generate a key for member login ?

The Keytool i have is only used when installing the program

You should use the Keytool only show you the dater used for the installation.

And than make sure that you use the seam data for accessing the Members Area.

You should use the Keytool only show you the dater used for the installation.

And than make sure that you use the seam data for accessing the Members Area.

Keytool ?? Why and when do we use that ?

I have a keyfile for the app and a code for login , where does keytool come into play ??

In the DVBViewer folder under "program files" is the program "KeyTool.exe".

Run that and low and behold there is your username and password.

Your username and password would have originally been supplied with your confirmation of purchase email.

I hope that helps.

In the DVBViewer folder under "program files" is the program "KeyTool.exe".

Run that and low and behold there is your username and password.

Your username and password would have originally been supplied with your confirmation of purchase email.

I hope that helps.

Thanks , that explains it nicely.

• 1 month later...

that's a bit problematic for me, one of my back ups has gone down and the last install exe I have is 4.3.

I have a new key as I saved that in my skydrive. but I cannot get into the members area to download DVBViewer 4.5 onwards....

• 4 months later...

Hello, I have a similar problem. In December 2009 DVBViewer purchase a license and I have installed the 4.2.1 version of the program. I try to enter the members section (https://www.DVBViewer.tv/members/) to update my credentials and I can not sign in with my username and password. I wish someone from the technical team told me that I have to do to gain access to the members area again. Greetings from Spain and thanks

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

If i've well understood we can't use anymore the password received by email when we purchased the licence of DVBViewer. We have to use password generated by the program keytool in the DVBViewer main folder.

Problem is if we format & install a new version of windows we loose our DVBViewer folder and we are not able to access to the member area to download DVBViewer....

In my case i've kept an old version on my computer so i was able to run the keytool and access to the member area...

Also i suggest to write a warning on the website to inform users of this important change.

Tks

Why should we put a warning on the website? The "new" key system is in use since more than 3 Years! There is absolutely no reason to complain.

Besides this you can always send us an email if you lost your credentials. But to show some graditude, after more than 5 years of usage (in your case), you could also order another license ;)

Christian