Auto-download transponderlists and scanning

foefelken

A nice, and time-saving feature would be the following :

Automatic download - by user selected - new transponderlists, followed by automatic ;

- firstly, make a backup of the existing channel- and favorites-list,

- adapting the new transponderlists to users configuration-preferences (diseq etc...),

- scanning the transponders,

- saving/udpating DVBViewer-list,

- deleting the dead-channels,

- finally, make a report of all the changes made that can be read from DVBViewer (special window in OSD-System-menu)

This could be started ;

- regularly (for example - every friday) - automatic when putting DVBViewer to sleep or

- by manual execution

Greetings

Automatic download - by user selected - new transponderlists

Who shall provide the transponder lists and keep them up-to-date? It is a lot of work, not only once, but permanently.

Hello again Griga,

I gues the sattelite-transponder-lists could be downloaded from the usual sources like for example "KingOfSat", "FastSatFinder", etc...

For the Netherlands there are even lists to download for DVB-C e.g. DVB-C listings

I was thinking about this feature because a while ago i played a few days with Media-Portal that has it build-in (deleted MP because wayyyyyyy to slow).

It would be nice - and mostly, time saving - if DVBViewer also had this feature.

Greetings