Send to EPG auto record search from DVBViewer

uglyned

Hi,

I know we've spoken about this before but I noticed that your de-duplicating of timers work on the Recording Service has gone really well and it now has intelligence to stop creating repeat timer events.

So I wondered if it would be possible now to have an option in the timeline, EPG etc in the DVBViewer to say 'send to auto EPG Search'.

This would be similar to, but more powerful than, the series link features used in UK Sky boxes, Freeview, Freesat etc.

Effectively if I see a programme I like on BBC1, I press blue to see a menu, and from that choose 'send to EPG search'. The name of the programme, channel etc are used to create a new autorecord timer rexord in the Recording Service and from then on DVBViewer will record that programme for me automatically.

It's the one feature that I think the DVBViewer needs in order to make it totally user and remote control friendly.

Thank you!

• 6 months later...

Hi

Yes I think this is a great idea...

Also, from the OSD EPG timeline, it would seem more logical to press record on the highlighted programme for a single episode, press twice to activate this "better than series link" idea.

Great ideas guys!

Its a mystery this havent been implemented yet, but not surprising cuz pretty much everything gets ignored by the people in power as is now, even good stuff like this. Setting up a autosearch entry is way too fiddly today...must be smoother.