To BIG5 encoding garbled in my system!

hahaha

Known issue:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/49129-the-use-of-DVBViewer-pro-496-epg-chinese-big5/

Try to scan with the latest TransEdit release 3.8.5 from the members area and use the new Settings -> General -> Assumed Broadcast Standard -> Unicode BIG5 option. More about it here:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/2745-transedit/page__view__findpost__p__365721

It is untested up to now. Do you get correct channel names with this option? If yes, export the results to DVBViewer.

Edited by Griga

Known issue:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/49129-the-use-of-DVBViewer-pro-496-epg-chinese-big5/

Try to scan with the latest TransEdit release 3.8.5 from the members area and use the new Settings -> General -> Assumed Broadcast Standard -> Unicode BIG5 option. More about it here:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/2745-transedit/page__view__findpost__p__365721

It is untested up to now. Do you get correct channel names with this option? If yes, export the results to DVBViewer.

Hello, this can only solve the the epg garbage. Not solve the garbled name!

Did you already try TransEdit? Sorry, I've edited my post a bit too late... ;)

No.I give it a try.But he is English, I have to study. Next update Can you add a Chinese? Thank you!

Well, I have just checked the code, and I think there still is a bug in the BIG5 handling of the TransEdit scanner.

There is a fixed TransEdit test version attached (see below). Do the following:

- Store TransEdit_Test.exe in the DVBViewer installation folder (where DVBViewer.exe is). It is a restricted test version. It can scan, but not export.

- Launch TransEdit_Test.exe and select the transponder list for scanning on the left side of the main window.

- Select Settings -> Assumed Broadcast Standard -> Unicode BIG5 -> Save.

- Click "Scan All" on the right side of the main window.

- Check in the scanner window if the channel names are displayed correctly.

TransEdit_3_8_5_2_Test.zip

Well, I have just checked the code, and I think there still is a bug in the BIG5 handling of the TransEdit scanner.

There is a fixed TransEdit test version attached (see below). Do the following:

- Store TransEdit_Test.exe in the DVBViewer installation folder (where DVBViewer.exe is). It is a restricted test version. It can scan, but not export.

- Launch TransEdit_Test.exe and select the transponder list for scanning on the left side of the main window.

- Select Settings -> Assumed Broadcast Standard -> Unicode BIG5 -> Save.

- Click "Scan All" on the right side of the main window.

- Check in the scanner window if the channel names are displayed correctly.

Display normal

post-126130-0-16904200-1339415512_thumb.png

post-126130-0-28153300-1339415520_thumb.png

I see. The test version is ok, but the release version 3.8.5 does not find the channel names. Correct?

Yes, release version 3.8.5 does not find the channel names

Thanks for your help. I will soon upload a new full version to the members area and post information here. This new version will correct the channel names in DVBViewer.

Thanks for your help. I will soon upload a new full version to the members area and post information here. This new version will correct the channel names in DVBViewer.

Recently, the DVB-T 581M frequency do not know what changed, 581M search out the PID is all zeros.

post-126130-0-84991500-1339417971_thumb.jpg

Recently, the DVB-T 581M frequency do not know what changed, 581M search out the PID is all zeros.

In TransEdit the PIDs on 581 are not zero. I can see it on your screenshot above (Mobile Radio).

The PIDs may be zero if you scan at a time when there is no broadcast.

In TransEdit the PIDs on 581 are not zero. I can see it on your screenshot above (Mobile Radio).

The PIDs may be zero if you scan at a time when there is no broadcast.

This group of frequencies, three television programs. A broadcast.The other three television programs to search not!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by hahaha

TransEdit 3.8.6 is now available in the members area.

For correct channel names in DVBViewer do the following in TransEdit 3.8.6:

- Select "Settings -> Assumed broadcast standard -> Unicode Big5".

- Switch "Settings -> Scanner 1 -> Update channel names in the DVBViewer channellist" on. Then click "Save".

- Use the TransEdit Scanner

- Click "Update All" in the Scanner Window, or select the channels that shall be added / updated, and click "Add/Update".

This group of frequencies, three television programs. A broadcast.The other three television programs to search not!

Use the "Inactive Channels" checkbox in the TransEdit Scanner Window. But the PIDs will be zero.

Your screenshot shows that TransEdit can not read all PID information. PMT is yellow, not green. Enter a higher value in "Settings -> Scanner 2 -> PMT Timeout", e. g. 10000 or 20000. I hope it helps.

TransEdit 3.8.6 is now avalable in the members area.

For correct channel names in DVBViewer do the following in TransEdit 3.8.6:

- Select "Settings -> Assumed broadcast standard -> Unicode Big5".

- Switch "Settings -> Scanner 1 -> Update channel names in the DVBViewer channellist" on. Then click "Save".

- Use the TransEdit Scanner

- Click "Update All" in the Scanner Window, or select the channels that shall be added / updated, and click "Add/Update".

Use the "Inactive Channels" checkbox in the TransEdit Scanner Window. But the PIDs will be zero.

Your screenshot shows that TransEdit can not read all PID information. PMT is yellow, not green. Enter a higher value in "Settings -> Scanner 2 -> PMT Timeout", e. g. 10000 or 20000. I hope it helps.

Now the program name will not be garbled.Today Taiwan to send maintenance personnel to repair. 581 program can search out.Two problems are solved, thank you very much help!

image.jpg

123.jpg