Windows 7 and recent Files list, please reinstate

smilingcrow

Up until at least version 4.2.1.0 you could use the Jump List feature in Windows 7 to show a list of files recently opened with DVBV and open them directly from the Start Menu or Task Bar.

In later versions DVBV added support for a Tasks List but the Jump List feature then disappeared. I think the Jump List is automatically created whereas the Tasks List needs to be explicitly coded for and I presume that when you added Tasks List support that it broke Jump List support somehow but that’s a guess.

I found the Jump List very useful and it also gives a unique feature whereas the Tasks List just replicates what is available elsewhere. I’d love to see the Jump List reinstated even if it means losing the Tasks List although they can happily live side by side. It should be trivial to remove the Tasks List but may be complicated to have them working side by side but not necessarily so.

I asked about this over a year ago and Lars_MQ replied but wasn’t even aware that the feature ever worked. I keep hoping that with each new version that it will return but not so far so I want to request this again. Please.

I’ve added an image of the feature in action and here’s a link to the previous thread - http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/45901-windows-7-only-showing-tasks-and-not-recent-files/page__pid__338817

Edited by smilingcrow
  • 2 weeks later...

Would it be easy to encapsulate the code that you added to give Task List support into a programme function that could be exposed as an option accessible via the Settings page?

This would give the option of having one of either the Tasks List or Jump List active at any given time.

I don’t see that it would require much programming effort and it would add a useful feature for relatively little effort.

I would appreciate some feedback on this.