BBCHD and hauppage dvb-s2 card

syboit

Hi,

I've just installed the latest version of DVBViewer. I've a hauppage nova dvb-s2 card on my system. I've noticed however I can't find BBCHD or BBC one HD. I've read several notes on here, and using transedit I've gone in and looked at the transponders file. My line for BBCHD turns up blue, and dvb-s2 is enabled. I've also checked modulation and other settings and all seem ok, yet I'm still unable to get bbchd.

I also use mediaportal on the same system and it can find bbchd/hd one without issues, is there something I'm missing ?

thanks

you probably need a recent .ini file from KingOfSat web site.

Works fine for me

thanks polskafan and gofler. I've tried both of those and I'm afraid neither of them work. I'm afriad I might have a bigger issue :(, it seems I'm unable to scan in any dvb-s2 channels. I did a scan of the entire 28.2 range (including encrypyed stuff) and nothing listed in kingofsats as a dvb-s2 came in. I get all the bbc's, but none of the HD ones (including the newer olympic ones)

not sure if something has gone wrong with my sat card.

Has you got "is DVB-S2 device" ticked in the hardware section?

Mine is

For Hauppauge HVR-4000 I need add this into registry to tune BBC HD and BBC One HD:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HCW88BDA\DVBS_Params\10847000]

"unique_key"="28.2E ASTRA 2, EUROBIRD 1"

"symbol_rate"=dword:015ef3c0

"modulation"=dword:0000001f

"fec_inner"=dword:0000000d

"polarization"=dword:00000002

"pilot"=dword:00000000

"rolloff"=dword:ffffffff

"broadcast_type"="DVB-S2"

For your card check if HCW88BDA works or it use other name.

bbc hd.zip

For Hauppauge HVR-4000 I need add this into registry to tune BBC HD and BBC One HD:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HCW88BDA\DVBS_Params\10847000]

"unique_key"="28.2E ASTRA 2, EUROBIRD 1"

"symbol_rate"=dword:015ef3c0

"modulation"=dword:0000001f

"fec_inner"=dword:0000000d

"polarization"=dword:00000002

"pilot"=dword:00000000

"rolloff"=dword:ffffffff

"broadcast_type"="DVB-S2"

For your card check if HCW88BDA works or it use other name.

thanks, I'll have a look at that

thanks for all your help on this, eventually got it going last night. I uninstalled DVBViewer,and the sat card and re-installed it from scratch. I went back to my older version of DVBViewer, and by opening the kingofsat .ini files in transedit and then saving them, it seemed to configure them for DVBViewer, i.e. it took of the s2,qpsk at the end and replaced it with 1 or 5 etc etc.

after scanning was then able to get the missing hd channels.