Picture glitches recording an NTSC signal

nomax

Hi there,

I'm trying to capture some TV series from the MSNBC channel on Telstar 12. The video standard for this channel is NTSC 29.97 FPS and when I do a capture the output is very good, the picture quality is very clear and crisp but it lacks motion smoothness. It's like watching a video where every two seconds a frame is dropped, I mean the picture is a bit jerky. This problem can only be seen when I playback the recorded video, not in the live broadcast. Is anybody having my same problem or do you know any workaround to it?

I know this is a very specific question but I hope that somebody else on this forum is recording from an NTSC source :)

Thanks!

Nomax

Hi Nomax. ;)

I live in Japan. Contrary to you, it is NTSC that all I am viewing andhe listening with B2C2 card. The signal of NTSC has carried out t hard disk record satisfactory. However, since one broadcasting station cannot recognize frame rate correctly, the same problem has generated it. This office has some problems also in merely seeing on software. Since it can view and listen satisfactory by the general FTA tuner, it will be a sending-out side intentionally and may be having not sent the information on FPS. I am requesting Christian now to be able to set the value of FPS as 29.97 or 25FPS compulsorily. :)

Hi Uri,

I think that your problem is quite different from mine. At least you know that the broadcaster is sending an incorrect FPS information and this is giving you trouvles, but in my case I can't blame MSNBC for that: the FPS is set to 29.97, the standard value for an NTSC transmission.

Bye,

Nomax

Guest hackbart

Ohio Uri,

if you use marfis renderer you can fix this by adding the following registry entry:

HKLM\Software\MARFI.AX\VideoDetect=(DWORD)1

Christian

PS: if this work I will put some sort of setting panel in the options.

Ohio Uri,

if you use marfis renderer you can fix this by adding the following registry entry:

HKLM\Software\MARFI.AX\VideoDetect=(DWORD)1

Christian

PS: if this work I will put some sort of setting panel in the options.

I imagine that MARFI.AX is MPEG-2 decoding engine. Probably, I think that it is enclosed by DVD reproduction software. Please let me know a bundle application name. ;)

PS:I have installed WinDVD4. Deletion of this application stops displaying Video by DVBViewer. What is the suitable Mpeg-2 decoding engine used by DVBViewer?

:)

Guest hackbart

Marfi's Renderer and the B2C2 Filter is using Mediamatics DVD Decoder Filter. I know the Marfi Filter works also with the Cyberlink Codec and the Elecard one. I tested it with Intervideo but it always crashs; to override this i normally try to use the mediamatic filter, but it seems to be that the intervideo windvd codec has a higher merit level. Which means that he always tries to link hisself as standard decoder.

Christian