fullscreen to second display

oaks

hello,

i'm not able to bring DVBViewer to fullscreen on the second display (actually a tv). if i drag the DVBViewer window to the second display and go to fullscreen it goes fullscreen on the first display. if instead i maximize the window it stays on the second display, but i still have the gui around the tv image.

two other programs do it this way: bsplayer goes fullscreen on the display the window is currently displayed. the same works for zoomplayer, where there is the additional option of a command line parameter (/F:2) which directly goes fullscreen to the second display.

i'm using an ati 9800se card in dual-display mode. theater mode did work (a sort of dvd-max), but it's not compatible with dual-display.

bye, oaks.

Guest Lars_MQ

I'm also working with dualview systems und have no problems with fullscreen.

Mayby there are some settings for your graphiccard were you can adjust where the fullscreen window appears?

lars

what videocard are you using?

at work i use a matrox g550. matrox dual display software gives you a lot of configuration possibilities. i think that ati is a few steps behind in this. but you cannot play doom3 on a matrox :(

in ati control panel there is no option to select on which display to go fullscreen, etc.

what i was trying to say is that other software does not have the problem (bsplayer and zoomplayer). where the best approach is zoomplayer's: command line parameter /F:2 = go fullscreen on secondary monitor. add a /LOCKFS and you even block accidental return to windowed mode.

bye, oaks.

In my Geforce FX 5900 Ultra i can do this without Problems..I only must set this in grafic drivers....

Only set on which display the overlay should run in full screen mode...

Guest Lars_MQ

I'm using one system with a matrox 450 dualhead an one system with 3 monitor a dualhead nividia apg and a pci nvidia all with win XP no special settings applied...

lars

hi klausing,

in my ati control panel there is no such option (latest omega drivers)

it is like if DVBViewer defaults to first display if no option is defined (and i cannot define one). it should be enough to look if the window is on the second display before going fullscreen (as bsplayer does) or give an option to define it (as zoomplayer or milkdrop does)

i'm using winamp with milkdrop (works), zoomplayer for divx (works), tested bsplayer (works), myhtpc (works - here you define screen coordinates... not brilliant but effective)

oaks

DVBViewer use defaults of your graficcard and not its own !!! I believe Oliver have an ATI and can help you ... i believe by ATI its named theater modus..

thanks for your reply,

as i wrote in my first post ati's theater mode works, but cannot be used if dual-display is active. it works only if clone mode is active. to change from one to the other a reboot is required (as dual display is managed directly by windows). and ati cp has no other settings :(

oaks.

update! :(

i found out that the problem is related with the skin support:

- if no skin is selected and i go fullscreen from the second display it works (fullscreen displayed on the second display)!

- if default skin is selected full screen always only appears on the first display.

maybe someone can find this information useful.

bye, oaks.

Guest Lars_MQ

OK there seems to be a bug when using DVBViewer skins and multimonitor. I can confirm this behavior. Without skin everything works as expected. With skin the fullscreenmode defaults to the first monitor.

lars