MHEG Plugin use for MHEG development?

Hi,

I am interested in authoring MHEG content and using DVBViewer and the MHEG plugin as an mheg player to run/test my mheg code.

If I purchase them is it possible to point it at my own mheg source files? (asn.1 encoded or other form?)

Is the ICStreaming extension supported?

Thanks

Carey

Well not directly, unless you do not create a complete ts stream with the mheg inside. Anyway we licensed the engine from gkware (http://www.mheg5.de). The author also offers an editor which should suit your needs.

Cheers

Christian

Thank for the info.

I have tried to open several transport streams that work in other software but they do not if I open DVBViewer. It just crashes with the following, when I go DVBViewer->Open Video

eg the http://www.avalpa.com/the-key-values/15-free-software/59-opencaster-demo-roll

I can supply smaller ts files provided by a local broadcaster that similarly crash DVBViewer if you would like.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: DVBViewer.exe

Application Version: 4.9.6.20

Application Timestamp: 2a425e19

Fault Module Name: StackHash_efe4

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725

Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f

Exception Code: c0000374

Exception Offset: 000ce6c3

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4

Locale ID: 5129

Additional Information 1: efe4

Additional Information 2: efe4af60006150e5aa73e123752bd1ce

Additional Information 3: efc1

Additional Information 4: efc1c20d6fe0c380fcffaade763415ad

Thanks

Carey

You cannot load them as video files. In this case mheg is ignored, but the DVBViewer has a Device emulator inside. To use it open options->hardware, press the + button and increase the number of file devices. Then select the DVB File Device, change the tunertype and open its settings. A dialog box appears and you can assign ts files to frequencies. If you scan the frequencies in the channel scanner window the files will be interpreted as channels.

Christian

PS: The crash probably occur caused by the decoder

Great. Thanks for the advice. I followed it but I could only get the tuner settings dialog to open once. Pressing the settings button has no effect thereafter. I cant go back and change the settings or change the settings for any newly added DVB File Devices.

Then the Channel scan failed but I suspect I had the tuner settings wrong, but couldnt go back and change them?

Thanks again.

Carey

OK deleting that file each time I want to change the settings seems to help with setting up the tuner settings. But alas the channel scan button doesn't appear to do anything when pressed.

I have tried various combinations of frequencies and other settings, but nothing happens when the scan button is pressed.

Are you able to confirm this works for you on the version I have, and the tuner and frequency settings you use? Version Pro 4.9.6.20 with MHEG plugin.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Carey