lock aspect ratio

Awesoft

Is there any way to lock the aspect ratio? (like Windows Media Center)

I don't like having to adjust the screen every time I resize the screen (in order to hide the black bars)

Edited by Awesoft

Is there any way to lock the aspect ratio? (like Windows Media Center)

I don't like having to adjust the screen every time I resize the screen (in order to hide the black bars)

I raised this issue a few months ago as this used to work with "best fit" function but that alas no longer works for me. This used to work a few releases ago.

The options you have is to fiddle with the ZOOM functions but I have had very little success.

There should be a one standalone option to say "auto adjust to picture size" !!

Apart from that I love DVBViewer.

I'm talking about the aspect ratio of the window.

Rather about the aspect ratio of the client (= video) area of the window, I suppose. A 16:9 window aspect ratio wouldn't yield a 16:9 client area aspect ratio because of the title bar, menu bar etc.

There is already a similar DVBViewer function: If Options -> Input -> Mouse -> Mousewheel -> Resize is ticked, resizing the window with the mouse wheel maintains the client area aspect ratio.

However, there is a major drawback and a disturbing side effect:

- The volume can't be adjusted anymore with the mouse wheel. Possible solution: A second (identical) set of mouse wheel options that takes effect when the Ctrl key is pressed. It would enhance the mouse wheel usability in general.

- If Options -> TV & Radio -> Popup Channellist is ticked in DVBViewer Pro, resizing the window with the mouse wheel lets the channellist sidebar kick in when the mouse cursor enters the sensitive area. It stops further resizing because the channellist scrollbar catches the mouse wheel events (in contrast to the navigation control bar, that may also appear). Possible (?) solution: Blocking the channellist sidebar if resizing is triggered by the mouse wheel.

This approach might be easier to handle than intercepting the Windows resize mechanism.

you can adjust the DVBViewer window height with the mouse and then hit [Ctrl]

Doesn't work here. Ctrl B restores the previous height. And even if it would work (it does after adjusting the width) - it requires first using the right hand for the mouse and then left & right for the keyboard. Left hand pressing Ctrl and right hand using the mouse wheel is quite convenient. Particularly you don't have to play a game of skill by trying to hit the thin window border with the mouse cursor. :)

Is there a function to tell DVBViewer to set the windowed output to actual transmission size. AUTO in the options does not achieve that. Zooming to 100% does not achieve that either.

Full screen seems to work but I am after a windowed solution.