New UK BBC1HD settings for hauppauge cards.

Shrubsole

OK, so overnight the BBC changed its 10847 transponder settings as they planned.

If you are still getting BBC1HD and BBCHD ok, THEN STOP READING AND DO NOTHING!

If however you own an infamous hauppauge nova dvb-s2 Card like I do, you will know about the registry patches to make them tune into DVB-2 channels.

But as these setting changed overnight, you may fine this morning that you can't get BBC1HD and BBCHD any longer. (Zero signal reported)

I have worked all morning to work out the new setting that need to be added to your registry, and here they are:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\hcw88bda\DVBS_Params\10847000]

"unique_key"="28.2E ASTRA 2, EUROBIRD 1"

"symbol_rate"=dword:015ef3c0

"modulation"=dword:00000020

"fec_inner"=dword:00000002

"polarization"=dword:00000002

"pilot"=dword:00000000

"rolloff"=dword:ffffffff

"broadcast_type"="DVB-S2"

Cut and paste to notepad and save with a .reg ending. Then import that into your registry.

If as you should have if you have one one these cards, you already have an entry for that frequency "10847000" then you can run regedit and just change two of the setting by hand.

Go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\hcw88bda\DVBS_Params\10847000]

Right click on fec_inner select "Modify" - Change the value to 2 decimal.

Right click on modulation select "Modify" - Change the value to 32 decimal (20 hex)

Restart DVBViewer and BBC1HD and BBCHD should spring to life with the new settings.

I'll try to attach the .reg file to do it for you. You just need to add it to the registry. (Rename it first and take the .txt off the end, so that it just ends with .reg)

Messing with the registry is no suitable way to make it work in DVBViewer.

First the transponder list should be corrected with TransEdit:

- Select the Astra 28° E transponder list on the left side of the main window

- Select the 10847 V transponder on the right side.

- Enter resp. change the following parameters: Symbolrate = 23000, FEC = 2/3, Modulation = 8PSK, Pilot Symbols = on

- Click Apply on the right side of the main window

Then scan the transponder and update the DVBViewer channellist:

- Click Scan Selected

- Click Update All in the Scanner Window, if the scan results are already present in the DVBViewer channellist (= displayed with light blue background in TransEdit). If not, click Select All and Add/Update.

Sorry to hear that, Lip.

Those are the new settings and they worked for me.

The only two that you could play with are as Derrick suggested the registry settings:

"pilot"=dword:00000000

"rolloff"=dword:ffffffff

I just tried with the values of 1 and 1 and it stopped working again and so put them back to the values I first posted, but they may be needed with your set up.

Maybe 1 and fffffffe as values?

Mine is a WinTV Nova S2 HD pci card.

Edited by Shrubsole

none of the above works for me. any other ideas? I have lost bbc 1 hd and bbc hd.

I have also tried editing manually in DVBViewer. See attached jpg

Can anyone upload a working ini for the BBC HD channels?

post-66575-0-75026500-1349017867_thumb.jpg

Edited by daveuk
  • 1 month later...

Comment a bit late, but having come back to a non-working channel after an absence:

Thanks to Shrubsole for startig this topic and Griga for providing the staff

solution!