Support for "Technisat Skystar 1 CI"?

daffy

Apparently, the

"Technisat Skystar 1 CI"

is available now (see, for instance, http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php?cP...50b1ef04dc2c5b6 - no affiliation, no endorsement, just one shop)

Does / will DVBViewer support this product? I *really* do not want to use any other software whatsoever, for, err, reasons obvious to anyone who has tried alternative software.

The Technisat sites (except for the Hungarian(?!) site) are silent on this very product, so as much as I'd like to find out myself - I cannot)

Nice thread, but what is the unambiguos answer?

1.) Yes

2.) No

See, I suffer from this strange dyslexia which makes me ignore anything but clear-cut statements the moment money is involved ;-)

BTW. the card's street price seems to be down to 90 Euro (+ p&p), including some remote control (USB-based?). That really makes me consider...

I was also impressed by that PDF data sheet - and I even tried to hunt down high-quality images of the board itself to find out which chip is being used. Alas, to no avail.

Net effect? Lost sales for Technisat, that's for sure.

:huh: ehemm... also I are very impressed ( (w00t) ), but:

...these are "our" SS2 specification!!! :wub:

...haven't you read it on top of the page??? ;)

You can compare with "original" SS2 official Technisat's product spec: is exactly the same file! :blink:...

Not to blame anyone o:), the (innocent? :( ) mistake was made by the site duffy mention...

Cheers

Gioxy

Edited by Gioxy
...these are "our" SS2 specification!!!  ;)
thats, why I'm ipressed :(

But the salesman said it would be the data sheet of the SS1. I believe he bought only some old card and will use our train ......

In another forum some guy already had a SS1 CI and said it worked both with ProgDVB and MyTheatre, but the DVBViewer would be adapted soon. :( From the design of the card it looks like a Nova, but I'm not too sure about it. As long as there is no information on the US or German TechniSat site, there won't be any official information here, either.

Bye, Oliver

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

In another forum some guy already had a SS1 CI and said it worked both with ProgDVB

and, how did he the man worked whit progdvb ??

i own one ss1 ci and whith progdvb only have error Device NotStarted !! ;)

The Skystar 1 CI is in fact a "renamed" Twinhan VisionDTV CI (with a Conexant BT878), the drivers for twinhan work with it, so no more B2C2 chips from technisat(?).....

Technisat has made the card a bit smaller in dimensions, but the hardware is the same as twinhan... :bierfink:

So i think that this card doesnot work with DVBViewer at the moment...

For further info check:

http://www.dvbshop.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2180

They sell the card for under 100 euros

Edited by deliol