GE Not Seeing Target Root File

ardee

I cannot get DVBViewer GE 3.1.3.0 to see the Target Root file generated by TransEdit.

The Transponders available in the drop down list in the channel search window of GE does not match what is in the configuration directory. Should they?

Having duplicate folders in the Program and Configuration folders is very confusing to me. Which ones matter?

Any help would be welcome, thanks.

The Transponders available in the drop down list in the channel search window of GE does not match what is in the configuration directory. Should they?

Yes.

Having duplicate folders in the Program and Configuration folders is very confusing to me. Which ones matter?

The Transponders subdirectoy in the configuration folder. Windows Vista / 7 / 8 usually don't allow applications to write to the Program Files folder (except with admin rights). So all files that can be changed by user activities have to be stored in / read from the configuration folder. The transponder lists in the Program Files directory are just meant as backup. DVBViewer or TransEdit copy them to the the configuration folder as soon as they are used for the first time.

Both DVBViewer and TransEdit access the configuration folder according to the information in the file UserMode.ini - that's why TransEdit.exe, DVBViewer.exe and UserMode.ini must reside in the same directory.

Thank you Griga for the reply.

If I open Channel Search I can choose Astra/Eurobird 28.2°E but the files in the configuration transponders folder are Astra 28E.ini (3kB) and AstraEurobird 28.2°E.ini (139kB) from TransEdit. How do these relate to each other and am I exporting the TransEdit result to the right folder?

Looks like the large file (139kB) is not a transponder list, but a misdirected channellist export (e.g. TransEdit scan results) that can be imported in the DVBViewer channellist (e.g. by drag & drop). It should not be there. Usually transponder list INIs are not that large. Inspect the files with a text editor and you will see...

Anyway - it doesn't matter much, because TransEdit and DVBViewer are able to recognize that it is not a transponder list. It will be ignored.

• 3 years later...

I opened a new thread for this subject, could someone advice how to locate the Target Root as the is available for selection, meaning the transponder that I wish to scan is not showing in the target root.

Please help I am lost !

Thanks